The Student Room Group

Should I ask my crush out?

Hiya, me and this boy have liked each other for a while now around a year, but haven't admitted it to each other, although we have confided in other people. Because of this, we both now know that we both have feelings even though we haven't told each other. Its hard to describe, we don't talk super often as we only have the option to interact in one lesson, but when we do it feels great, like theres this unspoken mutual love. He has told other people he likes me quite a bit, and although we don't talk often, when we do talk, it feels really nice to him. Should I ask him out?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hiya, me and this boy have liked each other for a while now around a year, but haven't admitted it to each other, although we have confided in other people. Because of this, we both now know that we both have feelings even though we haven't told each other. Its hard to describe, we don't talk super often as we only have the option to interact in one lesson, but when we do it feels great, like theres this unspoken mutual love. He has told other people he likes me quite a bit, and although we don't talk often, when we do talk, it feels really nice to him. Should I ask him out?

Of course. This sounds so adorable.
Reply 2
Original post by WhisperWillow
Of course. This sounds so adorable.

Thank you for the reply, I really do like him :smile: The only thing is though we haven't had the chance to properly speak for about a week, and my school goes on holiday very soon so I wont see him before then. The holiday lasts for 18 days and I just know that I will be wishing I were with him. Do you think it would be too forward to ask him out when we haven't spoken for a period of time before the holiday, or am I overthinking? Sorry, I just don't want to mess this up :/
Let him ask you! if he likes you, he would ask. A man always goes for what he wants.

Thank you for the reply, I really do like him :smile: The only thing is though we haven't had the chance to properly speak for about a week, and my school goes on holiday very soon so I wont see him before then. The holiday lasts for 18 days and I just know that I will be wishing I were with him. Do you think it would be too forward to ask him out when we haven't spoken for a period of time before the holiday, or am I overthinking? Sorry, I just don't want to mess this up :/
Original post by nishaohemaaa
Let him ask you! if he likes you, he would ask. A man always goes for what he wants.

A man also loves a confident girl. :dontknow:
Reply 5

I do get what you mean, but he's very introverted when it comes to stuff like this. He also has ADHD and is a little awkward since he has never had a girlfriend before, and I like him enough that I would rather go into the new year with a final outcome, rather than let the whole wanting to confess thing drag into 2020. Also, mutual friends have tried to hype him up to ask me, and they say that he cant stop smiling but when it comes to doing it he just lacks confidence. I worry that if I leave it too late he may see the situation as hopeless, or think I'm not that interested anymore.
Go for it.
He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD.
Proverbs 18:22

would you also propose to a man too?
Reply 8
Original post by RazzzBerries
A man also loves a confident girl. :dontknow:

I don't want him to feel embarrassed at the prospect of a girl asking the boy out, since I don't think he would care too much, however he is friends with a large laddish group of boys that would probably tease him about it. And I also don't want him to see me as too "eager" since most of my guy friends have said playing hard-to-get is better and that asking a boy out comes across as desperate, even though I disagree that's whats they have said as boys themselves.
Nothing to lose. Go for it
He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD.
Proverbs 18:22

would you also propose to a man too?

Thank you for your reply, but with all due respect, proverbs don't dictate my love life. In answer to your question, I haven't even thought about marriage, this would be my first relationship, but if it felt right then yes I would.
I do get what you mean, but he's very introverted when it comes to stuff like this. He also has ADHD and is a little awkward since he has never had a girlfriend before, and I like him enough that I would rather go into the new year with a final outcome, rather than let the whole wanting to confess thing drag into 2020. Also, mutual friends have tried to hype him up to ask me, and they say that he cant stop smiling but when it comes to doing it he just lacks confidence. I worry that if I leave it too late he may see the situation as hopeless, or think I'm not that interested anymore.

I see, your hearts in the right place my dear. How about you say it in a jokey way and see his response then say would you like that? rather than directly ask so he feels like he made the move rather than you did. it would also feel like an accomplishment to him.. because of his lack of confidence as you mentioned.
just a thought, good luck xx

you seem like a lovely girl, he is lucky ha
Original post by UlsterDefence
Nothing to lose. Go for it

I wouldn't necessarily be losing anything. I would however be very sad, feel very awkward, etc. But you are right.
I don't want him to feel embarrassed at the prospect of a girl asking the boy out, since I don't think he would care too much, however he is friends with a large laddish group of boys that would probably tease him about it. And I also don't want him to see me as too "eager" since most of my guy friends have said playing hard-to-get is better and that asking a boy out comes across as desperate, even though I disagree that's whats they have said as boys themselves.

Forget all this nonsense they're drilling into your head. If you like someone ask them out.
Original post by sinfonietta
Go for it.

:smile:
I wouldn't necessarily be losing anything. I would however be very sad, feel very awkward, etc. But you are right.

Who cares. Life is far too short. Go for it and **** feelings.
How old are u both btw
If you reckon the feelings are mutual you should give it a shot , as a guy I'm sure I speak for the most of us when I say when the girl asks we're more attracted to them. There are some girls I wouldn't go approach myself but wouldn't say no if they asked me, so it's only yours to lose it seems.
I see, your hearts in the right place my dear. How about you say it in a jokey way and see his response then say would you like that? rather than directly ask so he feels like he made the move rather than you did. it would also feel like an accomplishment to him.. because of his lack of confidence as you mentioned.
just a thought, good luck xx

you seem like a lovely girl, he is lucky ha

Aww, thank you very much, that's very kind of you :smile: I would say it in a jokey way if I was naturally quite like a flirty person, just so it wouldn't come across as awkward, but the problem is I feel like if I did it would come off as quite like forced maybe? Don't get me wrong, the idea is very good so thank you anyway, its just how I think I would communicate it would let me down, but thank you so much!
Original post by elliottttt5685
How old are u both btw

17, nearly 18 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending