The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I assume MtF means a person who was born a male, but has transitioned to a female?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7370319/Transgender-woman-hacked-7-Eleven-customers-axe-spend-extra-five-years-jail.html

Kinda reminds me of this incident a few months ago
i guess this is not a question anymore 😅😅
(edited 4 years ago)
Not a bells hell's chance.
I already am :cool:
I would :smile: she's still a woman
:laugh: would I ****
provided I find them attractive (ie. they're convincingly female), sure.
Original post by wewerekings
it is said to be personal preference
but its frankly a person's transphobic nature on an unconscious level after all. society must fix their problematic attitude.

well, not necessarily. it's difficult to say that it's transphobic because if someone's not attracted to someone, for whatever reason, they're not attracted to that person.
I probably would. I've been attracted to two different people I knew were trans in the past, and trans-ness doesn't bother me on any ideological level. To be clear, I was attracted to those people neither because nor despite their being trans - I was simply attracted to them as individual people.
Reply 10
No.
I’m not a guy but I am a lesbian and I would if they had transitioned their genitals and I found them attractive
What in the Alabama of course not ....
Original post by Anonymous
What in the Alabama f*ck is this of course not .... Yuk!

Care to explain your opinion?
I personally would, I'm bi and have no issues etc. However, speaking as a trans man myself (ftm), I don't think it's inherently transphobic to not want to date a trans person. Some people want their partners genitals to match their appearance etc. I do think that a fair bunch of the cis people who won't date trans may be transphobic, but on its own, it's not an issue.
I do think threads like these are an excellent opportunity for people to demonstrate their transphobia though.
What in the Alabama f*ck is this of course not .... Yuk!

You say that now but then you find out the girl who get with is trans...
I personally would, I'm bi and have no issues etc. However, speaking as a trans man myself (ftm), I don't think it's inherently transphobic to not want to date a trans person. Some people want their partners genitals to match their appearance etc. I do think that a fair bunch of the cis people who won't date trans may be transphobic, but on its own, it's not an issue.
I do think threads like these are an excellent opportunity for people to demonstrate their transphobia though.

Yeah, exactly. I suspect a lot of people who wouldn't want to date a trans person are transphobic - but not all of them! And in the end, you can't force people to be attracted to people they're not attracted to. The idea that people can't control who they're attracted to is one of the most compelling arguments in the whole LGBTQ ideology.
No
oddly enough even though I'm heterosexual, untransitioned genitals don't particularly bother me, which seems weird.
no, v unlikely.

Latest

Trending

Trending