Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Huddersfield for 2020!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
KL135
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi! I'm Kieron and I've applied for Computer Science with Games Programming at Huddersfield! I've also applied to Teesside, Bolton, Staffordshire and De Montfort. Really hoping for Huddersfield though. I'm currently studying a BTEC Extended Diploma in Computer Science with predicted grades D*D*D*.
Last edited by KL135; 1 month ago
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by KL135)
Hi! I'm Kieron and I've applied for Computer Science with Games Programming at Huddersfield! I've also applied to Teesside, Bolton, Staffordshire and De Montfort. Really hoping for Huddersfield though. I'm currently studying a BTEC Extended Diploma in Computer Science with predicted grades D*D*D*.
Hi KL135
Hope you get the place at Huddersfield that you want, but if you need any info. from us about our courses, just shout.
Best wishes, ^SK
KL135
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Staffordshire University)
Hi KL135
Hope you get the place at Huddersfield that you want, but if you need any info. from us about our courses, just shout.
Best wishes, ^SK
Hi, thank you for the reply, will definitely shout if I need anything.
Thank you,
Kieron
Bexie19119
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi
I have firmly accepted an unconditional offer to study adult nursing, I will be starting in September 2020 😊
martynarose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi , I firmly accepted an offer for adult nursing at Huddersfield university starting in september 2020 xx
legitgovernment
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i've just accepted an offer to do music and sound for image at huds! super excited to start
KL135
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just firmed my offer to study Computer Science with Games Programming at Huddersfield. Cant wait for September now!!
martynarose
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bexie19119)
Hi
I have firmly accepted an unconditional offer to study adult nursing, I will be starting in September 2020 😊
what accommodation are you looking at xx
Bexie19119
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by martynarose)
what accommodation are you looking at xx
I actually live a reasonable distance from hudds so I will be commuting. will you be staying in accommodation
martynarose
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I actually live a reasonable distance from hudds so I will be commuting. will you be staying in accommodation
oh that's lucky yes I will I'm from birmingham xx
Kofosu
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there, I've received an interview for pharmacy. What should I be expecting? Anyone else here for pharmacy? Any advice or tips from current students or someone who's already done their interview would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance
Benben93
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey
Anyone have an offer for engineering? How long did it take for you decision to come through?
Sent my application in mid December and still not heard anything 😬
r0bynhutchins0n
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have an interview for adult nursing at Huddersfield in a few weeks, it will be my first interview. Just wondering if I could receive any tips or recommendations from current students or undergraduates that have already had an interview 😁 thanks in advance 👐🏼
Last edited by r0bynhutchins0n; 4 weeks ago
Bexie19119
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by r0bynhutchins0n)
I have an interview for adult nursing at Huddersfield in a few weeks, it will be my first interview. Just wondering if I could receive any tips or recommendations from current students or undergraduates that have already had an interview 😁 thanks in advance 👐🏼
I have an unconditional offer for adult nursing. it is such a relaxed interview you'll do fine. you just need to know things like why do you want to be a nurse and all of the usual nurse interview questions. there was also a few scenarios but I canr remember them, i had my interview in October
Last edited by Bexie19119; 4 weeks ago
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi
Hi Bexie19119

Congratulations on your offer!
If you have any questions about Huddersfield, university or your course, please just let me know.

Speak soon,
Harriette
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by KL135)
Just firmed my offer to study Computer Science with Games Programming at Huddersfield. Cant wait for September now!!
Hi KL135

Congratulations on firming your offer with us!
Let me know if you need anything/have any questions.

Speak soon,
Harriette
CMMo
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve just received an unconditional offer for children’s nursing! I’m a mature student who will be commuting from Manchester. I am waiting on a decision from Salford but even with the extra travelling I got such a nice vibe from Huddersfield I think I may accept the offer. Any info on other commuters from Manchester massively appreciated. I do drive but if the train works out quicker/easier I may do that?
sxira2091
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Does anyone know how long huddersfield take to send you an offer after your interview
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CMMo)
I’ve just received an unconditional offer for children’s nursing! I’m a mature student who will be commuting from Manchester. I am waiting on a decision from Salford but even with the extra travelling I got such a nice vibe from Huddersfield I think I may accept the offer. Any info on other commuters from Manchester massively appreciated. I do drive but if the train works out quicker/easier I may do that?
Hi CMMo

Congratulations on your offer for Child Nursing!

We have a lot of students that commute to the University. I would recommend having a look into monthly passes for the trains/any discounts you can get as a student, and also look into parking in Huddersfield and the costs of that.
Travel time would also depend on your timetable (this is usually available in summer - depending on the course) as to whether you'd potentially get stuck in traffic if you drove, etc.
We have some information on traveling to the University here: https://www.hud.ac.uk/about/maps/#!#...642.1575014715

I hope this helps, but if you do have any additional questions, please just let me know.

Speak soon,
Harriette
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (283)
60.73%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.72%
No- I want it (127)
27.25%
No- I don't want it (34)
7.3%

Watched Threads