The Student Room Group

Should I interrupt my studies?

Hi, I'm not really enjoying university ATM, at first I thought that was because my social life was lacking and that once I get some friends, I'd enjoy university. However it feels as if I'm not ready/motivated for university. I really can't be bothered to go into lectures or do my work or even go out or to societies a lot of the time, and I generally feel burned out.

I've already enrolled and stayed at university for a month and I'll miss my friends if I leave but I don't know if being at university is a good idea right now.

However I'm already 20, so being another year behind kinda sucks :/
Also I don't seem to have any plans.
hello please can you tell me what this room is all about? thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I'm not really enjoying university ATM, at first I thought that was because my social life was lacking and that once I get some friends, I'd enjoy university. However it feels as if I'm not ready/motivated for university. I really can't be bothered to go into lectures or do my work or even go out or to societies a lot of the time, and I generally feel burned out.

I've already enrolled and stayed at university for a month and I'll miss my friends if I leave but I don't know if being at university is a good idea right now.

However I'm already 20, so being another year behind kinda sucks :/
Also I don't seem to have any plans.

I mean age isn’t a huge deal at uni
I’m a first year and I’m 22. I started one degree two years ago and hated it. Dropped out and restarted a new one. I’m nowhere near the oldest and no one really cares about your age
Be aware though that if you do decide to drop out you will have to pay back any student finance you have left for the semester
Reply 3
Original post by Pugglet
I mean age isn’t a huge deal at uni
I’m a first year and I’m 22. I started one degree two years ago and hated it. Dropped out and restarted a new one. I’m nowhere near the oldest and no one really cares about your age
Be aware though that if you do decide to drop out you will have to pay back any student finance you have left for the semester

I've calculated it to be 25%
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I've calculated it to be 25%

They will want it back. They did it to me as I owed £900 so my loans have been cut this year to cover the debt
this is getting me more confused here friend....do you mind if we getting talking better on hangout or what's app?
Reply 6
Original post by Pugglet
They will want it back. They did it to me as I owed £900 so my loans have been cut this year to cover the debt

Yh, they'll want 25% back.
The money doesn't matter - I'd rather interrupt than fail.
But idk if it's a good idea to leave or stay. I feel a gap year would be great and help a lot. Although it will be very lonely and potentially boring.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending