The Student Room Group

What can I do to be more facially attractive?

Hi so i’m not talk about basics like losing weight, build muscle, getting a haircut or growing a beard because I have done all of those things. I’m talking about more detailed things like said before better skin makes you more attractive, i’m talking about tips like that, if anyone has anymore it would be great.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by 5hyl33n
Washing and moisturising your face twice a day. Have you got a lot of acne?

Yes that’s what i’m currently working on, I wash my face twice a day and use a face wash product along with salicylic acid and I drink a lot of water. It’s a work in progress, but I also think iv got some acne issue too, but i’m working on it thanks
pluck your eyebrows?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Yes that’s what i’m currently working on, I wash my face twice a day and use a face wash product along with salicylic acid and I drink a lot of water. It’s a work in progress, but I also think iv got some acne issue too, but i’m working on it thanks

No chemicals... rough flannel and plenty of elbow grease works wonders for the skin. Both exfoliates and stimulates. In short... give it a regular scrub... also breaks down facial fat.
(edited 4 years ago)
Are you wanting to look your best, get a gf or something else?

You can make sure your eyebrows are tidy and well shaped.
Ensure that your teeth look good; no stains or gaps and maybe have them professionally polished by a cosmetic dentist.
Reply 5
pluck your eyebrows?

Yes i’m starting to do this but they are hard to maintain. I’m glade you pointed this out tho as it means it’s something so should be doing
Reply 6
Original post by Vinny C
No chemicals... rough flannel and plenty of elbow grease works wonders for the skin. Both exfoliates and stimulates. In short... give it a regular scrub... also breaks down facial fat.

Thank you
Reply 7
Original post by londonmyst
Are you wanting to look your best, get a gf or something else?

You can make sure your eyebrows are tidy and well shaped.
Ensure that your teeth look good; no stains or gaps and maybe have them professionally polished by a cosmetic dentist.

Yes teeth, I will try some products off amazon like activated charcoal first as a dentist is fairly expensive but thank you
Reply 8
Thank you

Yw... it works. No hiding it, no chemicals... just a good scrub once or twice a day. Goes a bit rosy for 5 mins but that is the blood paying attention. The blood contains all required to deal with blackheads, acne... the lot! You invite the bodies wolves to surface.
(edited 4 years ago)

If you have sensitive skin I highly advise you that you do not wash your face 2 times a day. Because you might be making it worse and irritating the skin even further. Just watch your diet. Cut back on the sugar intake and dairy, also moisturise often. Or might just be your hormones.
(edited 4 years ago)
All this stuff won't make a difference if you are not getting laid.
I’m guessing you are a guy so I’m just going to list a few things that I find attractive in boys faces, hope it helps u out.
. Obviously if you have acne it’s something that you can’t help but personally I don’t find it as a turn off as long as your skin is visibly clean then I don’t really see an issue. I can’t give you any advice on this as I am no dermatologist but what I do is I watch a lot of YouTube videos from people that are and they just give some really good tips on how to keep your skin really good
. Another one is if you can get like charcoal to brush your teeth with or charcoal toothpaste and stuff like that just keep ur teeth looking white that’s always nice
.Something that I personally like in boys is good bone structure/face shape so good cheekbones as well as just jaw. Obviously you can’t change your bone structure I don’t expect any one to 😂but with the way that you have your hair done/ facial hair shaped rly plays a part in how ur face looks. Do some research on what could help
. I know a lot of boys that always wanna keep a poker face but honestly, if you want anyone really to see something special in you smile more you just look so much better if you smile don’t be so serious all the time

Asking what will make you more attractive, I don’t wanna jump to the conclusions that you are insecure, or wanna be seen as more attractive to impress people etc because regardless if I’m feeling more insecure than usual or not it’s always interesting to know. But just don’t feel to pressured to be “as perfect as u can be” for any reason cuz is it rly that important to be pretty?
Anyway hope this helps u for what ever reason xx
Original post by whoisshe
I’m guessing you are a guy so I’m just going to list a few things that I find attractive in boys faces, hope it helps u out.
. Obviously if you have acne it’s something that you can’t help but personally I don’t find it as a turn off as long as your skin is visibly clean then I don’t really see an issue. I can’t give you any advice on this as I am no dermatologist but what I do is I watch a lot of YouTube videos from people that are and they just give some really good tips on how to keep your skin really good
. Another one is if you can get like charcoal to brush your teeth with or charcoal toothpaste and stuff like that just keep ur teeth looking white that’s always nice
.Something that I personally like in boys is good bone structure/face shape so good cheekbones as well as just jaw. Obviously you can’t change your bone structure I don’t expect any one to 😂but with the way that you have your hair done/ facial hair shaped rly plays a part in how ur face looks. Do some research on what could help
. I know a lot of boys that always wanna keep a poker face but honestly, if you want anyone really to see something special in you smile more you just look so much better if you smile don’t be so serious all the time

Asking what will make you more attractive, I don’t wanna jump to the conclusions that you are insecure, or wanna be seen as more attractive to impress people etc because regardless if I’m feeling more insecure than usual or not it’s always interesting to know. But just don’t feel to pressured to be “as perfect as u can be” for any reason cuz is it rly that important to be pretty?
Anyway hope this helps u for what ever reason xx

Thanks for the detailed reply, I am now looking into buying a lazer teeth whitening kit as I asked a friend who is studying dentistry and he said charcoal is very bad for you as it absorbs the enamel off your teeth. Also for bone structure you said you can’t change that but i’m looking into something called mewing which claims you can.

But I know you said don’t feel pressured into looking good but honestly I really do as a lot of females are shallow and won’t really want to talk to you unless your looks are off a certain standard sadly.
Braces. I always want to give someone a facial more when they have braces.

Edit: When they're not a child, I mean.

Definitely try get treclin prescribed for acne

First month is very hard, but get through it and you’ll see really good results
Something that I personally like in boys is good bone structure/face shape so good cheekbones as well as just jaw. Obviously you can’t change your bone structure

Actually, as a guy, being at low body fat % can change a lot. It's not going to change bone structure but the shape of your face can change as your jawline, cheekbones and the rest of your facial structure become more prominent. You'll see it go from round to a more angular face. Even from 11% to 8%.
Thanks for the detailed reply, I am now looking into buying a lazer teeth whitening kit as I asked a friend who is studying dentistry and he said charcoal is very bad for you as it absorbs the enamel off your teeth. Also for bone structure you said you can’t change that but i’m looking into something called mewing which claims you can.

But I know you said don’t feel pressured into looking good but honestly I really do as a lot of females are shallow and won’t really want to talk to you unless your looks are off a certain standard sadly.

If your main reason for wanting to change your look is for girls I rly do feel for u. I understand tho, there are a lot of shallow ppl but there also are a lot of people that aren’t. Look there are a lot of girls that will do anything for their “man” baring in mind they treat their girls like crap and also look it. But they don’t care, why idk but these relationships don’t last.

Considering you are willing to step forward and ask for genuine advice and start convocation, off the bat you seem like a decent person and also well fit for a relationship. Like you could rly treat s1 right and that is how u get into a relationship /make one last. Trying to look your absolute best tho won’t. it may bring in more selection of women to have something with but that just makes finding the right person much harder cuz they will be lost in the crowd of all the others that are shallow only wanting u for u looks not ur self.
The right person will see u as beautiful no matter what. Not to mention all of these things u r mentioning don’t sound cheap, all for female attention?
At the end of the day it is your body, your face, your life so u can do what ever you want with it but at least on some degree do all of this for u not someone else, cuz where is there contribution?
“How are you going to love somebody else if you can’t love your self” if the materialistics are what will help you love your self then u do that but not if it will make somebody else love u xx all the best
If your main reason for wanting to change your look is for girls I rly do feel for u. I understand tho, there are a lot of shallow ppl but there also are a lot of people that aren’t. Look there are a lot of girls that will do anything for their “man” baring in mind they treat their girls like crap and also look it. But they don’t care, why idk but these relationships don’t last.

Considering you are willing to step forward and ask for genuine advice and start convocation, off the bat you seem like a decent person and also well fit for a relationship. Like you could rly treat s1 right and that is how u get into a relationship /make one last. Trying to look your absolute best tho won’t. it may bring in more selection of women to have something with but that just makes finding the right person much harder cuz they will be lost in the crowd of all the others that are shallow only wanting u for u looks not ur self.
The right person will see u as beautiful no matter what. Not to mention all of these things u r mentioning don’t sound cheap, all for female attention?
At the end of the day it is your body, your face, your life so u can do what ever you want with it but at least on some degree do all of this for u not someone else, cuz where is there contribution?
“How are you going to love somebody else if you can’t love your self” if the materialistics are what will help you love your self then u do that but not if it will make somebody else love u xx all the best

Thank you for the honest message, but it is very strange as these girls who are shallow about looks at first do seem to have the best personalities too and they are more fun and people I get along with more. I don’t know why this is but it just seems to be that way, I know there are definitely some exceptions to this rule but I haven’t personally found any.

So this is making me more inclined to improve my looks so I can fit in with these people. I know that’s a horrible thing to say but it’s just the way I feel like it is. Just to add more context i’m asian and asians are raised to go off looks which is why it makes it difficult. I have been told i’m a great guy and i’m tall for an asian guy but I guess non of that matters. So forward with improving my looks, lol.
Hi so i’m not talk about basics like losing weight, build muscle, getting a haircut or growing a beard because I have done all of those things. I’m talking about more detailed things like said before better skin makes you more attractive, i’m talking about tips like that, if anyone has anymore it would be great.

Some great tips in this thread already.

To which I'd add that there is a school of thought that if you pretty much stop washing yourself altogether, that after a period of adjustment, your body's natural oils balance themselves out. Could be worth trying if the 2 washes per day plus moisturising doesn't work out for you.

And another viz type top tip:
Wear clothes that enhance your body shape. It's not your face they'll be looking at and thinking about.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Some great tips in this thread already.

To which I'd add that there is a school of thought that if you pretty much stop washing yourself altogether, that after a period of adjustment, your body's natural oils balance themselves out. Could be worth trying if the 2 washes per day plus moisturising doesn't work out for you.

And another viz type top tip:
Wear clothes that enhance your body shape. It's not your face they'll be looking at and thinking about.

Yes you could be right I feel like my acne has got worse recently and I will give that a try soon.

Also I feel like i’m in decent shape already, I have decent sized muscles but they aren’t defined yet and i’m trying to get a 10% body fat so I have abs. Hopefully should be there in about 2-3 weeks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending