The Student Room Group

How to revise AQA Business A Level

I get decent grades and my usual method is to write out structured notes from the notes we do in class however once done they look rather dull and monotonous and yh i can still go over it but its just boring. Thinking of maybe doing practice questions rather than constantly going over notes but first issue is where do i find questions relevant to the topic im doing and does it matter if i cant mark it because it takes a teacher to mark it competently but itll take him too long to mark.Cheers oh and any other revision techniques especially to understand/memorise notes would be useful
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
friend does business and she revises through notes and practice questions- could you still not hand in longer mark questions to your teacher even if they do take a while to mark? it'd be good to get some sort of feedback.
In sixth form, my teacher got everyone these massive a2 paper booklets and each page had a small part of the specification printed on the middle. So basically we made notes around it, like a mind map, and use the spec as a checklist. ‘‘Twas really helpful
Original post by OR321
In sixth form, my teacher got everyone these massive a2 paper booklets and each page had a small part of the specification printed on the middle. So basically we made notes around it, like a mind map, and use the spec as a checklist. ‘‘Twas really helpful

with business though its more about being able to come up with ideas in any question so did you go over these mindmaps or did you just have a better understanding bc feel like its impossible to learn every single pro/con and impact ygm?
Original post by entertainmyfaith
friend does business and she revises through notes and practice questions- could you still not hand in longer mark questions to your teacher even if they do take a while to mark? it'd be good to get some sort of feedback.

hi , the only issue is i revise business couple days before the assessments so will be bound to get practice questions marked after the assessment. I also revise through notes but maybe ill try some practice questions without them getting marked. DO you have any idea where i can find practice questions?
Original post by Fayzan_Ali
with business though its more about being able to come up with ideas in any question so did you go over these mindmaps or did you just have a better understanding bc feel like its impossible to learn every single pro/con and impact ygm?

depends on yourself. Personally, I find it easy to learn things by just writing them and reading them. But my teacher, from the beginning, made everyone keep a mini notebook thing to write down important business news and always made sure we had some examples in our questions. But yeah, my main revision source was these mind maps and the news notebook
hi , the only issue is i revise business couple days before the assessments so will be bound to get practice questions marked after the assessment. I also revise through notes but maybe ill try some practice questions without them getting marked. DO you have any idea where i can find practice questions?

start revising earlier
exam board websites?? dont know as i don't take a level business sorry
Original post by OR321
depends on yourself. Personally, I find it easy to learn things by just writing them and reading them. But my teacher, from the beginning, made everyone keep a mini notebook thing to write down important business news and always made sure we had some examples in our questions. But yeah, my main revision source was these mind maps and the news notebook

by learn do you mean memorise everything or just understanding? Also do you have any idea where i can find business questions apart from the aqa specimens. And sorry for all the questions ahaha
by learn do you mean memorise everything or just understanding? Also do you have any idea where i can find business questions apart from the aqa specimens. And sorry for all the questions ahaha

I usually understand everything in lesson coz I actually had a really good teacher. So I memorise everything from my mind map. My teacher gave us practise questions from Tutor2u and TakingTheBizz (YouTube).
And it’s reet, question away 😂
Original post by OR321
I usually understand everything in lesson coz I actually had a really good teacher. So I memorise everything from my mind map. My teacher gave us practise questions from Tutor2u and TakingTheBizz (YouTube).
And it’s reet, question away 😂

ahahaha my g , nice onee :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest