The Student Room Group

IAL repeats cash in.

Hey guys!
I want to know if I repeat only 1 unit in January, can I still put the cash in codes for all other subjects, and get my certificate for all the subjects including the unit I repeated?
I do Edexcel IAL.

Any help is much appreciated! :smile:
Original post by Sathvika_k
Hey guys!
I want to know if I repeat only 1 unit in January, can I still put the cash in codes for all other subjects, and get my certificate for all the subjects including the unit I repeated?
I do Edexcel IAL.

Any help is much appreciated! :smile:

If this is EDEXCEL then you only put in the cash in code for the subject where you are retaking a unit and assuming your overall grade improves only that subject will appear on your new certificate.
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
If this is EDEXCEL then you only put in the cash in code for the subject where you are retaking a unit and assuming your overall grade improves only that subject will appear on your new certificate.

What happens if you put the other cash in codes as well?

Nothing.
My guess is the exams office doing the cash in entries will ignore them.
Ask your exams office for clarification.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4

If the exam office puts them in then Edexcel will flag it up as an error as no units were entered and ignore it.
Please help! Talking about Edexcel IAL I did my AS in June 2017. And I did A2 in June 2018 and I cashed in. My overall results was : C for ChemistryC for physics and B for mathematics.I did repeats this October 2018 and I cashed in (All Y codes). October repeats was Chem 4 Phy 5 and C34.Y Codes means Cash in both AS and A2. (Example YPH01,YCH01,YMA01)And now I’m going to repeat some of my AS units this January 2019 which are Phy 1, M1 and Chem 3. Again I cashed in the Y codes to get a Certificate of my overall result. (Note - I did not repeat any AS units till now)I want to know whether this is okay? Will I get three certificates 1) June 2018 2) October 2018 3) January 2019. I’m not sure whether they will provide me a certificate for the January 2019 Exam. Can someone please tell me whether this is okay? Will I get a overall certificate after Jan 2019 exam. Thank you.
Reply 6
Original post by Foxtrot2233
Please help! Talking about Edexcel IAL I did my AS in June 2017. And I did A2 in June 2018 and I cashed in. My overall results was : C for ChemistryC for physics and B for mathematics.I did repeats this October 2018 and I cashed in (All Y codes). October repeats was Chem 4 Phy 5 and C34.Y Codes means Cash in both AS and A2. (Example YPH01,YCH01,YMA01)And now I’m going to repeat some of my AS units this January 2019 which are Phy 1, M1 and Chem 3. Again I cashed in the Y codes to get a Certificate of my overall result. (Note - I did not repeat any AS units till now)I want to know whether this is okay? Will I get three certificates 1) June 2018 2) October 2018 3) January 2019. I’m not sure whether they will provide me a certificate for the January 2019 Exam. Can someone please tell me whether this is okay? Will I get a overall certificate after Jan 2019 exam. Thank you.

As you did an overall cash in for Jan 2019, you will get one certificate, with your overall results for all 3 subjects.

Keep in mind that all the results will be taken into consideration. That is, if you got better results for your first AS sitting (for example), you would get this as the final result.

I did something like this too lol, and it turned out fine in the end. As long as you sit for all three subjects, and do an overall cash in, you will get a certificate with your overall (both AS/A2) results.

Also for future reference, don't cash in before you do the exam. There is always the ability for a late cash in, if you're satisfied with your grades. Makes life much easier in case you need to repeat.

Good luck with all your exams! <3
-S
As you did an overall cash in for Jan 2019, you will get one certificate, with your overall results for all 3 subjects.

Keep in mind that all the results will be taken into consideration. That is, if you got better results for your first AS sitting (for example), you would get this as the final result.

I did something like this too lol, and it turned out fine in the end. As long as you sit for all three subjects, and do an overall cash in, you will get a certificate with your overall (both AS/A2) results.

Also for future reference, don't cash in before you do the exam. There is always the ability for a late cash in, if you're satisfied with your grades. Makes life much easier in case you need to repeat.

-S

Thank you so much for taking time to reply to my problem. And also thank you for the very quick reply. I was worried because i thought i'd not get a certificate. I will surely think about late Cash in when i'm repeating again.

Thank you again, you made my day.

Good luck for your future.
Take Care.
I am a private candidate and i want to retake ial edexcel. On the website should I choose standard or retake but I cant choose retake.Please help me
Reply 9
Original post by Haiklhishm
I am a private candidate and i want to retake ial edexcel. On the website should I choose standard or retake but I cant choose retake.Please help me

Yes, in british council that option is greyed out. I had the same issue. Don't worry just put standard and put your old UCI number, you'll be fine.
Reply 10
Hi,
I too requested a cash in for Edexcel A level Mathematics(2013 specification) and was supossed to write the last paper, C34 now in June 2019 but with only 2 months left, realize that I will not be ready for the exam. Is it possible to attempt C34 in either January 2020 or June 2020 and once again submit a request for a cash in using the codes of the other modules that I used to get an overall grade this June?

-S
Reply 11
Original post by iasatf
Hi,
I too requested a cash in for Edexcel A level Mathematics(2013 specification) and was supossed to write the last paper, C34 now in June 2019 but with only 2 months left, realize that I will not be ready for the exam. Is it possible to attempt C34 in either January 2020 or June 2020 and once again submit a request for a cash in using the codes of the other modules that I used to get an overall grade this June?

Ok so as far as I know, if you need to apply for a Cash in, you need to do at least one paper of that module.

Now, as you are repeating ONLY C34, you can only put the cash in code for Math. But if you do one paper of each of the other modules, you can also put the cash in codes and thus get an overall grade for your final certificate.

The positive part about this is that you don't even have to do that well in the other modules. This is because Edexcel would select the best grade, and display JUST that on your final certificate.

The negative part is that you obviously have to pay quite a sum of money for the exam lol, which nobody really gives a damn about. You're just gonna do the other modules again so you can get the final certificate with all modules.

What I suggest for you to do is to try and attempt C34 in October 2019. 5 months is probably enough for C34 I think. Completing your examinations in a course of an year is the best for you, because Edexcel only takes the last two sittings per module to calculate the overall mark. (This means that any result for an module other than the last two sittings will probably be wiped out of their system).
Anyways good luck with everything!

Hope this helped 🙏
-S
Original post by iasatf
Hi,

I'm not sure how much longer the 2013 spec is available for - the equivalent one for England has its last chance to sit this Summer but a quick check of Edexcel's website suggests C34 is available in Jan and Summer 2020. Assuming it is available then, yes, you could just do C34 sometime next year and cash in for an overall Maths grade. There is no need to re-sit any of the other units.
Hey guys I want to ask. I did physics unit 1,2 and 3 may/june 2019. I wasnt satisfied with my unit 1. Then, they remove old specs and now new specs only and I registered for unit 11 phy. If I cash in will they count unit 11,02 and 03?
Hi! How many modules are required to cash in for edexcel Maths GCE? I am doing C12, M1 and M2.
Original post by Levi_Strauss
Hi! How many modules are required to cash in for edexcel Maths GCE? I am doing C12, M1 and M2.

You also need C34.
Reply 16
Hey could you please please help, like i retook my as eco but didnt cash in the first time around, my school administrator didn't properly explain what cash in was and cashed in my retake. Now, if i cash in my previous As right now asap, would edexcel choose the better one when combining grades?
Reply 17
Original post by whytho55
Hey could you please please help, like i retook my as eco but didnt cash in the first time around, my school administrator didn't properly explain what cash in was and cashed in my retake. Now, if i cash in my previous As right now asap, would edexcel choose the better one when combining grades?

Yes, if all of your entries were done with the same UCI number, Edexcel will use the best result from the 2 attempts when deciding your grade/

Quick Reply