The Student Room Group

Boris will not win a majority

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Mogg
I think the only thing that's aged worse than this thread, is this...

Like a fine glass of milk in a musty cupboard.
Exactly, areas like Sunderland, that rely heavily on foreign investment.

The one saving grace in all of this is that the overwhelming majority that Boris now has may signal a softer Brexit. That being said, I cannot see the EU giving us a competitive trade deal. If they did it would give them a real issue with other countries wanting similar trade deals without the strings of the EU.
Original post by imlikeahermit

The one saving grace in all of this is that the overwhelming majority that Boris now has may signal a softer Brexit. That being said, I cannot see the EU giving us a competitive trade deal. If they did it would give them a real issue with other countries wanting similar trade deals without the strings of the EU.

Precisely; no soft Brexit deal we get will be better than the one we already have and a soft Brexit would invalidate most of the reasons for wanting Brexit in the first instance.
Woah, I never said it was the most democratic option, nor did I ever say it was the most popular choice.

It is however the right choice. No deal that could be made is better than remain. Financial experts have lambasted Johnson’s deal, although I know their opinions mean little to a loony leaver like yourself.

I am however now conceding, crack on, leave. Decimate the working class areas that voted for this shambles. If I’m wrong, which I hope I am, then I’ll swallow my pride and hold my hands up, however I doubt that I am. There is no deal that could possibly be made that would be better than remaining.

I seem to remember you did, but after digging I can only find quotes from @QE2 I seem to remember it was when you and he was stating I wanted 1800's workhouses and other stupid comments.

Regards the right choice that's your opionion, not shared with everyone. I was about to apologise and then I saw your "looney leaver" comment and remembered your the person who lied to my face about answering a question, so I'm going to say I dont believe you, I think you are just randomly talking nonsense.

You are have stated yourself you believe in forced labour, now you are a champion of the working classes, naa sorry dont buy it. Which brings me too another angry nonsense talker

Well how very liberal, kind and caring of you. You dont sound like sour grape sore loser at all :rolleyes: Now wasmt it you who called me a uneducated idoit or gullible fool or whatever for saying brexit will get delivered? So are you just talking utter angry insulting nonsense, or are you now thinking brexit will get delivered?

Wasnt it you who claimed Borris wanted no deal, a month or two back? I was telling you he never wanted no deal and was always going for a softer brexit, of course I was a fool for saying this.

You guys need to pipe down, you have caused enough misery, as @ColinDent said you hard core insulting remainers are a tiny minority with a huge gob, that's has an exaggerated and delusional veiw of your intellectual capacity and knowledge.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Burton Bridge
I seem to remember you did, but after digging I can only find quotes from @QE2 I seem to remember it was when you and he was stating I wanted 1800's workhouses and other stupid comments.

Regards the right choice that's your opionion, not shared with everyone. I was about to apologise and then I saw your "looney leaver" comment and remembered your the person who lied to my face about answering a question, so I'm going to say I dont believe you, I think you are just randomly talking nonsense.

You are have stated yourself you believe in forced labour, now you are a champion of the working classes, naa sorry dont buy it. Which brings me too another angry nonsense talker

Well how very liberal, kind and caring of you. You dont sound like sour grape sore loser at all :rolleyes: Now wasmt it you who called me a uneducated idoit or gullible fool or whatever for saying brexit will get delivered? So are you just talking utter angry insulting nonsense, or are you now thinking brexit will get delivered?

Wasnt it you who claimed Borris wanted no deal? I was telling you he never wanted no deal and was always going for a softer brexit, of course I was a fool for saying this.

You guys need to pipe down, you have caused enough misery, as @ColinDent said you hard core insulting remainers are a tiny minority with a huge gob, that's has an exaggerated and delusional veiw of your intellectual capacity and knowledge.

You seem surprised and offended at the reality of Brexit that will ensue? Surely you were already aware of this?

FYI I won’t be the sore loser out of this because I don’t work in a factory or in manufacturing 😂
(edited 4 years ago)
I'm surprised in the inaccuracies in your veiw points. I've come accustomed to the insults and belittlement, I expect no less, it only reflects your abilty not mine.

So are you now accepting brexit will happen? If so, are you going to apologise for for crass insults you fired at me yesterday? After all, I was only implying exactly what you have just implied on this thread, I'm assuming you dont think you are a deluded fool, yourself, only I am in your head, right?
I'm surprised in the inaccuracies in your veiw points. I've come accustomed to the insults and belittlement, I expect no less, it only reflects your abilty not mine.

So are you now accepting brexit will happen? If so, are you going to apologise for for crass insults you fired at me yesterday? After all, I was only implying exactly what you have just implied on this thread, I'm assuming you dont think you are a deluded fool, yourself right?

I still think you’re delusional and like a turkey voting for Christmas, yes, especially if you do work in one of the industries that will be hit hard by Brexit.

I don’t even know why I’m bothered, I’m not going to be the one losing my job if a hard Brexit does happen. In fact I want it to happen, just so you can all see how silly you were to vote for it. I’ll still be flying to Europe every month; it makes no difference to me
How lovely.

I notice you did not answer the question, that's interesting. I'll repeat, I'm surprised in the inaccuracies in your veiw points.

So are you now accepting brexit will happen? If so, are you going to apologise for for crass insults you fired at me yesterday? After all, I was only implying exactly what you have just implied on this thread, I'm assuming you dont think you are a deluded fool, yourself right?
How lovely.

I notice you did not answer the question, that's interesting. I'll repeat, I'm surprised in the inaccuracies in your veiw points.

I do not know if Brexit will actually happen under Boris or not; I’m highly sceptical considering the man has previously scuttled off to hide in a freezer when previously questioned.

Either way Brexit will disproportionately hit those regions that have voted for it and not me with job losses, companies moving abroad, etc so I don’t care either way
As you keep saying, I find it a delightful window into your personality and a very fitting to hard core remainers, I unfortunately have found this trait to be shared amongst hard core remainers, particularly ones on the pseudo left.

You may be correct and may be incorrect, time will tell. I must say how unsurprised I am that I notice a lack of an apology for your insults, you have now loosely admitted you were wrong yesterday. I guess small steps, sorry seems to be the hardest word.
(edited 4 years ago)
Great, then perhaps you can stop getting arsey about it.
I do work in manufacturing, I do live in one of these mainly working class areas that you may have read about or even visited with your chums for ****s and giggles, yet I would vote to leave the EU on every given opportunity because I don't think that it will make much difference to our industry and manufacturing in the long run.
Perhaps you're right, perhaps I am are you arrogant enough to suggest it's definitely you?
As you keep saying, I find it a delightful window into your personality and a very fitting to hard core remainers, I unfortunately have found.

You may be correct and may be incorrect, time will tell. I must say for I do notice a lack of an apology for your insults, you have now loosely admitted you are wrong. I guess small steps, sorry seems to be the hardest word.

As opposed to yourself and other hard core brexiteers who smear and insult everyone else who disagrees with you as brainwashed liberals impeding democracy or whatever it is you lot call remainers these days? 😂

I see no reason to care about a group of people who have collectively voted to make themselves more disadvantaged than they already are. The phrase “Made your bed lie in it” comes to mind.
Original post by ColinDent
Great, then perhaps you can stop getting arsey about it.
I do work in manufacturing, I do live in one of these mainly working class areas that you may have read about or even visited with your chums for ****s and giggles, yet I would vote to leave the EU on every given opportunity because I don't think that it will make much difference to our industry and manufacturing in the long run.
Perhaps you're right, perhaps I am are you arrogant enough to suggest it's definitely you?

Have fun if Brexit actually happens; I hope you don’t lose your job
It will happen and I don't believe I will lose my job.
Irony bell is deafening. I dont believe I have insulted or smeared anyone? Please elaborate.

I do find it amusing how some illiberal undemocratic hard core remainers think of themselves as left wing liberals, most surprising and bizarre. For balance, I do except there are some right wing remainers that are at least slightly more honest.
This post aged badly lol

I think there is a chance of a trade deal, in return for a payment to the EU. Which might be about the level of net contributions we are making today. A number which will not appear on the side of any bus.
Irony bell is deafening. I dont believe I have insulted or smeared anyone? Please elaborate.

I do find it amusing how some illiberal undemocratic hard core remainers think of themselves as left wing liberals, most surprising and bizarre. For balance, I do except there are some right wing remainers that are at least slightly more honest.

Remind me what percentage of the population actually voted Leave in the 2016 referendum? Certainly not the majority. Yet the remainers are the illiberal undemocratic ones forcing their minority will on the people.

Conversing this with you is a waste of time, it has all been said to you before multiple times, you know full well the facts and figures are not on your side yet you persist in this belief. You all do. I hope you all enjoy being unemployed and broke, I’ve heard it’s a barrel of fun
Original post by barnetlad
I think there is a chance of a trade deal, in return for a payment to the EU. Which might be about the level of net contributions we are making today. A number which will not appear on the side of any bus.

But will we have our sovereign-huty? :wink:
Now you do care if he loses his job, I thought you didn't care. Are you drunk or are you using some random word simulation app?

My wife company just went into liquidation due to uncertainty not getting sorted

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending