Boris will not win a majority

Scroll to see replies

About a million more than voted remain :h:
Reply 61
Original post by Burton Bridge

they said majority of the population. not everyone voted
Now you do care if he loses his job, I thought you didn't care. Are you drunk or are you using some random word simulation app?

My wife company just went into liquidation due to uncertainty not getting sorted

It’s called being polite; I literally genuinely don’t care if Brexit causes half the manufacturing plants of the UK to shut down and he loses his job. It’s not my problem; ditto with your wife’s business. Avoidable and self inflicted

I said what percentage of the population not how many more voted; you have the audacity to insult my intelligence 😂🙄
Well he obviously got a majority because the “GET BREXIT DONE” worked, with no thought of what happens to the country thereafter

So 5 more years of austerity, cuts to public services etc. Jumping into bed with America when we leave the EU, Scotland f-ing off at the first possible chance. Who on earth will we blame our problems on when we are the isolated island that everyone is hell bent on us becoming????

A knock off version of the USA complete with the bad haircut

All the people in the north and in wales who voted in Tory MPs can get stuffed when they lose their jobs.

I also darn well hope that no one with an SEN child or relative voted for them.
Original post by Varss
they said majority of the population. not everyone voted

However you slice it, the answer is still a million more than voted remain. Key stage one maths mate
Reply 65
However you slice it, the answer is still a million more than voted remain. Key stage one maths mate

ur tapped, talking abt maths but udk what majority means

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.indy100.com/article/brexit-leave-remain-52-48-per-cent-voter-turnout-electoral-register-charts-7399226%3famp

It’s really very simple; yes the percentage of population that DID vote Leave outnumbered the percentage of the population that voted Remain but when you take into account the fact that only 72.1% of the population turned out to vote in the first place (either due to ineligibility or lack of registering) that makes the Leave vote at 51% of the total population that turned out to vote only, so roughly 37% of the UK population wants to Leave. Hardly a stinking great majority
Paragraph order.

1 you are not doing a great job of being polight. It was avoidable, if renainer parliamentarians had accepted the result they would still be in business and the 600 employees who are now jobless over Christmas. So it was avoidable, thankfully the electorate has returned the favour on many of those remainer parliamentarians.

2 I know you did, I thought I'd do what you do and answer a different question to what you ask. The % of the population that cited renainer is still less than what voted leave. It's a really poor argument and however you slice it 1.2 million people more voted leave than remain and leave won the requirement set by the government. It's a nonsensical point
Now you do care if he loses his job, I thought you didn't care. Are you drunk or are you using some random word simulation app?

My wife company just went into liquidation due to uncertainty not getting sorted

Your wife's company was probably going into liquidation anyways. Don't blame it on brexit uncertainty. You voted leave this is your prize.
Original post by Varss
ur tapped, talking abt maths but udk what majority means

I do, the people who are not eligible to vote dont count, the people who choose not to vote dont count. The majority it counted on those who turn up, and the winning line is set my parliament.

In this case it was 50% and leave got over the line. Not rocket science is it?
Paragraph order.

1 you are not doing a great job of being polight. It was avoidable, if renainer parliamentarians had accepted the result they would still be in business and the 600 employees who are now jobless over Christmas. So it was avoidable, thankfully the electorate has returned the favour on many of those remainer parliamentarians.

2 I know you did, I thought I'd do what you do and answer a different question to what you ask. The % of the population that cited renainer is still less than what voted leave. It's a really poor argument and however you slice it 1.2 million people more voted leave than remain and leave won the requirement set by the government. It's a nonsensical point

It was even more so avoidable by not voting Brexit and not falling for the lies and unrealistic promises of the Brexit campaign. Your pain is entirely self inflicted

Simple maths tells us that 37% of the population voted for Leave; which means 63% didn’t. You have no grounds on which to claim either Brexit is the will of the people nor that Leave was the majority view at the time. The referendum was only advisory in any case. Please stop peddling this false nonsense.

People on here have told you all this many many times; you are persistent in your self delusion.
:yawn: When you have take into account, murderers, rapist, pedophilies and other prisoners, babies,infants, the severely mentally Ill and others to make a point. You really know you have hot rock bottom

Hows your hunt for my insults going?
:yawn: When you have take into account, murderers, rapist, pedophilies and other prisoners, babies,infants, the severely mentally Ill and others to make a point. You really know you have hot rock bottom

Hows your hunt for my insults going?

The maths is against you; but of course it would be expecting too much of you to look at it as a percentage of the total population. Try and dress it up however you like the majority voted Leave but the simple fact of the matter is that only 37% of the population wanted Brexit at the time of voting. Not the will of the people at all, is it?
1) aww so we should just not dared to vote for what we wanted for fear of undemocratic remainers deliberately causing economic harm? Yes I see that how, you very democratic arnt you?

2) as I said, When you have take into account, murderers, rapist, pedophilies and other prisoners, babies,infants, the severely mentally Ill and others to make a point. You really know you have hit rock bottom

Hows your hunt for my insults going? I'm getting quote the collection from you :h:
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Your wife's company was probably going into liquidation anyways. Don't blame it on brexit uncertainty. You voted leave this is your prize.

It wasn't, it's a direct casualty of the extension. We voted leave, we voted the vast majority of parliament to get a brexit through. Hard core remainers was over reputsentated in parliament, that hurt businesses and normal people paid the price.

So you can summise all you like, to try to flatter you belief but the truth is if May's deal would of be enacted in march more people would be in work now.
1) aww so we should just not dared to vote for what we wanted for fear of undemocratic remainers deliberately causing economic harm? Yes I see that how, you very democratic arnt you?

2) as I said, When you have take into account, murderers, rapist, pedophilies and other prisoners, babies,infants, the severely mentally Ill and others to make a point. You really know you have hit rock bottom

Hows your hunt for my insults going? I'm getting quote the collection from you :h:

1) 37% of the population forcing their will on the 63% IS undemocratic, yes, I couldn’t agree more.

2) Irrelevant; even if you exclude the percentage that couldn’t vote that still leaves the ones who voted Remain and the % that could vote but didn’t. Leave still comes out a minority percentage
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Remember how much BS the polls were last time?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=71105076&highlight=Theresa%20may%20will%20not%20win%20a%20majority

I think a hung parliament is the best he can hope for frankly. Which would put us in a chaotic position. But I think Labour can win.

LOL :biggrin:
1) You have a strange misinterpretation of how our democracy works. How do you wish to enact the results of other elections, in your eyes?

2) it's not irrelevant, it's very relevant because that's how you got to your figure. Do you understand the implications of your arguments? If you exclude sections of the population, you are not talking about the population :rolleyes::facepalm:

By the way, you cant find any insults, from me can you? That's something else you owe me an apology for :u:
(edited 4 years ago)
It will make a difference to you: for one thing it’ll take you longer to get through immigration each time you fly to Europe :smile:
Reply 79
Equally not a 'stinking great majority' if only looking at the ones who voted. Especially given a percentage point is usually treated as a rounding error.
But alas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending