The Student Room Group

From Grade 9 in GCSE to a grade U in A-Level English

So i'm practically failing English language. I got a grade 9 in GCSE and i'm happy with that. So i chose A-level English Language and i'm failing! Can someone PLEASE help with how to revise or send me model answers
Reply 1
What about it is going wrong that you are "failing"? Have you spoken to your teachers?
Reply 2
Original post by Criisii
What about it is going wrong that you are "failing"? Have you spoken to your teachers?

Yeah they put me in extra lessons which is a total waste of time coz they get ex students to teach but i don't like that, i prefer to teacher-student interaction.
And idek how i'm failing. On my paper she writes too basic representations or not enough grammar
Reply 3
Are you with AQA? I am sitting the AQA exams next year (in May). I attained a grade 9 with Edexcel and have also been predicted the highest grade at A Level by my teachers. PM me if you want, we can talk about this. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Tolgarda
Are you with AQA? I am sitting the AQA exams next year (in May). I attained a grade 9 with Edexcel and have also been predicted the highest grade at A Level by my teachers. PM me if you want, we can talk about this. :smile:

Yeah i'm with AQA
I'm failing English Literature. :frown: Someone HELP ME AHHHHHHHH.
Reply 6
Original post by cheerIeader
I'm failing English Literature. :frown: Someone HELP ME AHHHHHHHH.

What books do you study? And is it A-levels?
Original post by umaiyyahc1
What books do you study? And is it A-levels?

Yeah. :frown: Gatsby, Othello, Love through the ages poetry. Regeneration, My Boy Jack & Wilfred Owen War Poems.

I'm actually a resit and still getting nowhere. Two A's and a FAIL in English, the subject I got a 9 in at GCSE. How the mighty have fallen.
Reply 8
Yeah. :frown: Gatsby, Othello, Love through the ages poetry. Regeneration, My Boy Jack & Wilfred Owen War Poems.

I'm actually a resit and still getting nowhere. Two A's and a FAIL in English, the subject I got a 9 in at GCSE. How the mighty have fallen.

You sound like you're with AQA, but I might also be able to help you. I got a 9 at GCSE and am predicted an A* at A Level. Despite the fact that I do OCR, there are still many techniques that students can use to succeed across all specs at this level. PM me. :smile:
Reply 9

I would help if i had done Literature and same i dont get howw i got grade 9 in gcse and am failing now!
Reply 10
You sound like you're with AQA, but I might also be able to help you. I got a 9 at GCSE and am predicted an A* at A Level. Despite the fact that I do OCR, there are still many techniques that students can use to succeed across all specs at this level. PM me. :smile:

Ahem Ahem lmaoo is this another instagram follower you're getting? :smile:
Original post by umaiyyahc1
Ahem Ahem lmaoo is this another instagram follower you're getting? :smile:

No. I just find conversations much easier on Instagram than TSR. I never ask for followers. I'm not that cheap. :smile:
Reply 12
No. I just find conversations much easier on Instagram than TSR. I never ask for followers. I'm not that cheap. :smile:

Lmaooo okayyy, whatever you say :smile:
I wish tsr had emojis!

Quick Reply

Latest