The Student Room Group

Antichrist In The Temple Deception

“Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.”

So what does Paul mean?

To understand that, let’s look at how Jesus defined the word “temple.”

In John 2:14, Jesus spoke of the physical temple. The Greek word for the physical temple is hieron.

“And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers doing business.”

Then just five verses later in John 2:19-20, Jesus spoke of the spiritual temple. The Greek word for the spiritual temple is naos.

“Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” But He was speaking of the temple of His body.”

Whenever Paul used the word naos, he applied it to followers of Jesus, the Christian Church, which is a literal temple, but not a physical building.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.”

1 Corinthians 6:19 “Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?”

2 Corinthians 6:16 “And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they shall be My people.”

Ephesians 2:19-22 “Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone, in whom the whole building, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.”

The spiritual temple is made up of followers of Jesus, Christians.

In 2 Thessalonians 2:2-4, where Paul is telling us about the Son of Perdition, he again uses the Greek word naos.

“Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple (naos) of God, showing himself that he is God.”

Paul is saying that the Son of Perdition would sit in the temple of God, that is, in the Christian church.

Paul is telling us that he would pretend to be Christian in order to deceive the world, which lines up directly with the Roman Catholic Church and the Pope who pretend to be Christian.

Instead of being an infidel who doesn’t believe in God, like so many pastors teach, the Antichrist does not reign outside of the Church, but in the very bosom of the Church.

Pope Innocent III declared “We may according to the fullness of our power, dispose of the law and dispense above the law. Those whom the Pope of Rome doth separate, it is not a man that separates them but God. For the Pope holdeth place on earth, not simply of a man but of the true God.”

Pope Pius V blasphemed that “The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth.”

Pope John Paul II said “Don’t go to God for forgiveness of sins: come to me.”

Current Pope Francis I said “You cannot find Jesus outside the Church.”

Paul places the Son of Perdition nowhere else than in the very sanctuary of God.

The Pope sits (assumes a position of authority) as God in the temple of God.

The Pope is called the ‘Vicar of Christ’ which means ‘substitute for Christ.’

He proclaims to forgive sins.

He proclaims that salvation is only available through the Roman Catholic Church.

He preaches a message of ‘salvation by works’, instead of through the blood of Jesus.

The Pope of the Antichrist Roman Catholic Church misleads 1.2 Billion Catholics into believing that salvation is through them, not Jesus Christ.
Original post by caramelvanessa
I agree with you.

how in the world did you manage to fish out a 3 year old thread????🤨

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending