The Student Room Group

Charles University entrance exam Feb 2020

Hey everyone, I wanted to know how to prepare for the entrance exam such as which topics on concentrate on. As well as what the university accommodation is like. Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by 4nes_
Use a-levels books, as for accommodation the university accommodation is about 3000czk I think, and u share a room with somebody, whereas if you rent a room in an apartment with other students, average price is like 8000czk

Thank you so much for the information!
Reply 2
Original post by 4nes_
I have soft copies of textbooks and past papers for bio chem and phys, if u want them, dm me your email on IG @4nes_ and I’ll send them over

Sure will. Are you applying in 2020 or did you get in?
Reply 3
Original post by 4nes_
I have soft copies of textbooks and past papers for bio chem and phys, if u want them, dm me your email on IG @4nes_ and I’ll send them over

Sure will. Are you applying in 2020 or did you get in?
Reply 4
Original post by 4nes_
Got in Charles HK last year and didn't pass the year, so I'm reapplying in 2020. The amount of people that failed in HK last year is ridiculous, the year started off with 70ish students now there are about 40 students, and half of them carrying subjects to the 2nd year.

That's quite a bit, where are you applying from?
Original post by 4nes_
Got in Charles HK last year and didn't pass the year, so I'm reapplying in 2020. The amount of people that failed in HK last year is ridiculous, the year started off with 70ish students now there are about 40 students, and half of them carrying subjects to the 2nd year.

hi,
so do you recommend Charles hk
Hi! Im applying for Charles Third Faculty for 2022. My entrance exam is in April, i've had a look at the past papers on their website but most of the content is beyond A-level. Any tips based on personal experiences? Also, are all the exams for all Czech/Charles Uni similar in terms of content.
Hi! Im applying for Charles third fac. My exam is on April 19th 2020. Any tips on the entrance exam and interview, how did you prep and what was the pass mark, acceptance rate? Would be much appreciated!
Reply 8
Original post by Maryyam Moazzam
Hi! Im applying for Charles third fac. My exam is on April 19th 2020. Any tips on the entrance exam and interview, how did you prep and what was the pass mark, acceptance rate? Would be much appreciated!

Wondering that too. I also wanna apply to first faculty and second faculty. Are the entrance examinations very different between them? Please update me on how it goes for you. My examination isn't until July
I applied through medical doorway which gave me access to a site called czechprep to help prepare for the entrance exam, however it gives you the same material to prepare from for all czech universities, so i guess that means the material tested is pretty much the same? Are you applying from the UK?
Reply 10
I applied through medical doorway which gave me access to a site called czechprep to help prepare for the entrance exam, however it gives you the same material to prepare from for all czech universities, so i guess that means the material tested is pretty much the same? Are you applying from the UK?

I'm applying through medical doctor and they also offer the same material for all if them so I guess so too. No I'm from Sweden so I'm applying from there. Do you feel like you are ready for you exam? Tell me how it goes afterwards:smile:
Not quite at the moment but hopefully i will be in time for the exam and yes i'll let you know afterwards :smile: Have you already starting prepping and did you take a-levels because i think the material is similar to the exam Also, where are you taking the exam. Mine was supposed to be in London but because of the current pandemic they're now doing it online.
Reply 12
Not quite at the moment but hopefully i will be in time for the exam and yes i'll let you know afterwards :smile: Have you already starting prepping and did you take a-levels because i think the material is similar to the exam Also, where are you taking the exam. Mine was supposed to be in London but because of the current pandemic they're now doing it online.

Just do the prep courses and I am sure you will do great! Yes I just started my prep courses yesterday my exam is in July. I was gonna do the exam up in Sweden but they have arranged for us to do it online too. No I did the IB instead of A-levels. The content should be about the same. Are you only applying for the third faculty or will you apply to the other faculties too?
Original post by LunShi
Just do the prep courses and I am sure you will do great! Yes I just started my prep courses yesterday my exam is in July. I was gonna do the exam up in Sweden but they have arranged for us to do it online too. No I did the IB instead of A-levels. The content should be about the same. Are you only applying for the third faculty or will you apply to the other faculties too?

Just third faculty at the moment. If I don't get in, then i'll try apply for other unis in czech, I think the deadline for application is april 30th so I should be okay.
Reply 14
Just third faculty at the moment. If I don't get in, then i'll try apply for other unis in czech, I think the deadline for application is april 30th so I should be okay.

When you apply to you have to hand in a high school certificate or something? Hey, I'm rooting for you! You'll do great!
Aw thankyou!! No no high school certificate, I just had to hand in a letter that proved i was an a level student and basically proof that I am who I say I am, nothing complicated. What about you?
Reply 16
Aw thankyou!! No no high school certificate, I just had to hand in a letter that proved i was an a level student and basically proof that I am who I say I am, nothing complicated. What about you?

Not when it comes to Charles but I'm also applying to Masaryk and they want some sort of certificate. But I don't know what I should give them since I won't be getting my diploma till 5th of July : (
Try and get a 'predicted grade' letter from your school if possible just stating that you are on track to get your diploma, they should be able to arrange it. How old are you btw? Also, is there any reason you only applied to first and second fac and not the third?
Reply 18
Try and get a 'predicted grade' letter from your school if possible just stating that you are on track to get your diploma, they should be able to arrange it. How old are you btw? Also, is there any reason you only applied to first and second fac and not the third?

Do you think achievement levels that I got at the beginning of the term would work? Because I'm not allowed to have access to my predicted grades: ( I'm 18 years old, what about you? Oh no particular reason, it's just that the first, second and HK accept more people so I thought I'd save myself some money by applying to them only but I think I might go for the third one too.
Yes they should do as long as it shows you are on track to get the grades that masyrk want by the end of the academic year. Im 17, turning 18 in a couple months. Oh, really :frown: i cant remember where from but i heard the opposite, hopefully we'll both get in where we want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending