The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Official OXFORD 2020 Postgraduate Applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Any applicants to the MSc in Social Science of the Internet (Oxford Internet Institute) here?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by NLSeaWave
Any applicants to the MSc in Social Science of the Internet (Oxford Internet Institute) here?

I am, I applied on the November deadline. Still haven't anything about interviews.
Original post by btermite
I am, I applied on the November deadline. Still haven't anything about interviews.

Same, hopefully since OII is sending out the DPhil interviews the MSc will come soon. I'll post if I get one.
Original post by NLSeaWave
Same, hopefully since OII is sending out the DPhil interviews the MSc will come soon. I'll post if I get one.

Same here!
Hi all,

I finished my bachelors degree with a lowish 2:1. My one-year research graduate diploma (honours) I completed after my bachelors however was a First class. When applying to Oxford, will the 2:1 I received for my bachelors have a real impact on my overall application or will the First class result balance it out?

Thank you!
Reply 65
I was interviewed for DPhil in chemistry last week
Original post by anthro87
Well, the time is here!

I'll be applying for the MsC in Social Anthropology at Oxford, looking toward the 1 + 3 (Msc into DPhil) option.

Last year I was accepted onto the MPhil course and into St Anthony's college, however I did not attain funding since I did not apply to a body out-with the Clarendon option that you are automatically put forward for; admittedly a naive application on my front.

Since then I have achieved a First Class Honours in my undergraduate, and I have been in contact with a range of graduates of the course, and lecturers - and I'll be putting forward a stronger statement and application towards a number of funding bodies.

So, here we go again....

Best of luck to everyone this year! What are we all applying for?

Hi Anthro87,

How strange, I have just registered on the site to ask for information about masters applications and I see this forum, and your post at the top. I'm hoping to apply for the same course. I studied Human and Social Sciences at Cardiff University and really found my feet when studying ethnography. In fact I received firsts in all of my assignments, and my dissertation. I'm looking for advice on how to apply. I have never made an Oxbridge application before and I'm not sure what to include, or how to go about it differently. I realise the low down is on the website, but could I contact you once or twice with questions?

Thanks so much in advance,

Joe
Just got pushed to January deadline... Applied for November..MSc in Global Governance and Diplomacy
Hi everyone, I did my interview last week—the wait is nerve-racking!

How do you cope with this waiting period?

*fingers crossed*
Hi! I'm applying for MSc in Neuroscience as well! I've not been in school for a few years now, was working in the mental health field. I honestly have no idea how competitive it is, but I guess it is. I am probably not the best one to give info. Just excited to see someone applying to the same course!
Reply 70
I applied for the November deadline and have just received an offer for MSt Modern Languages :biggrin: It seems like they're starting to send out decisions-- best of luck to everyone!
Original post by LucyCassia
Hi
I am applying for MSc Neuroscience. In my final year of Speech and Language Therapy at a Russell Group Uni. Predicted a high 2.1 or first. Have had some neurology experience due to placement and some modules on my course. Been to some neuro conferences/talks too so hoping I might have a chance. Anyone else applying to it or know how competitive it is or just general info?

Hi! I'm applying for MSc in Neuroscience as well! I've not been in school for a few years now, was working in the mental health field. I honestly have no idea how competitive it is, but I guess it is. I am probably not the best one to give info. Just excited to see someone applying to the same course!
Original post by BritneyTien

Idk how competitive it is compared to other Oxford courses but obvs Oxford is always competitive so am not expecting much aha. What was your undergrad in and where? 😊
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by ElRoCl
I applied for the November deadline and have just received an offer for MSt Modern Languages :biggrin: It seems like they're starting to send out decisions-- best of luck to everyone!

Congratulatioooons!!!
Original post by ElRoCl

Well congratulations !! I'm applying for the November deadline too (different course) and legit thought you wouldn't get notified until at least January (8th/9th week after the deadline).
Original post by Illuminatio_Mea
Hi everyone, I did my interview last week—the wait is nerve-racking!

How do you cope with this waiting period?

*fingers crossed*

Hi what course are you applying for?
Original post by Joanna2020
Hi! I am applying to the MSt in Traditional China Studies

Great, good luck! I was told that the Oriental Studies dept will send out decisions by Jan 17th if you applied by the November deadline, and that realistically it won't be much earlier than this.
Original post by liyee2
Hi!
- Current University: the University of Nottingham, BSc (Hons) Management
- Grade (Obtained): 1:1
- Prospective Course: MSc Envrionmental Change and Management
- Prospective College: St Johns (tbh they all look)
- Fun fact/ extra-curricular: co-founded a social supermarket to combat food poverty and food waste in my local area while at Uni. Ranked 1st in the final year for grades.

Super nervous/stressed about this round of applications, as I applied last year for a few different unis and was rejected (eeek!) Fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone :smile:

Fellow NUBS buddy, good luck!
Anyone here applying to the Department of Social Policy and Intervention? I'm planning on applying for both the MSc in Comparative Social Policy and the MSc Evidence-Based Social Intervention and Policy Evaluation. But I've been getting mixed feedback on whether it's a good idea to apply to more than one program in the same department so I'm really confused.
Reply 79
Hey guys,

Just received my rejection letter for msc social science of the internet. Good luck to everyone else!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending