The Student Room Group

Hannukah with antisemitic girlfriend?

The girl I'm seeing supports people who are antisemitic or have links with people who harm the Jews. Shes a staunch supporter of everything against Israel and refuses to listen or look at other perspectives on politics surround Jews, Israel etc.

If anyone tries to point out that there are 2 sides to every situation, shes like no there isnt.

But she claims she isnt antisemitic . Hannukah is coming and shes will be with me and has also asked him to come with her to christmas

What should I do? Is this even worth it or I'm just wasting my time?

Scroll to see replies

so are you jewish? if so, why would you want to be with somebody who’s anti semitic? you can find better :frown:
That’s like me dating Katie Hopkins and asking her to celebrate eid with me
Why are you with someone who you suspect doesn’t like Jewish people, if your Jewish?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
so are you jewish? if so, why would you want to be with somebody who’s anti semitic? you can find better :frown:

Yes I'm Jewish.

She claims she isnt and she acts like it's nothing but she refuses to believe that the people she support are antisemitic.
She literally went to watch an antisemitic person's speech at 7am in the morning.

I have no friends other than the friends we share I and shes part of my inner circle.
Original post by Mo.Hamid

💀lmao
Reply 5
Original post by Mo.Hamid
Why are you with someone who you suspect doesn’t like Jewish people, if your Jewish?

I was in this large group of friends who share her views.
I'm in it too for the sake of acceptance and popularity
Reply 6
Yes but I dont speak or write in public. I only do it in synagogue
Why is she still your girlfriend? I’m not Jewish and I wouldn’t even be friends with someone like that.
Have you created several threads already?
Reply 9
Original post by YaliaV
Why is she still your girlfriend? I’m not Jewish and I wouldn’t even be friends with someone like that.

I guess I'm stupid or desperate. I mean she and my friends all have the similar views. I just go along with them for sake of acceptance, refugee, political wokeness and popularity.
Original post by YaliaV
Have you created several threads already?

A few. Not several. 3 posts
You said your girlfriend was against the group and that she had balanced views in the last thread.
Original post by YaliaV
You said your girlfriend was against the group and that she had balanced views in the last thread.

That's not my post.
Yes I can
Why on earth would you want to be celebrating Judaism's Festival of Lights with a girl that your consider to be a jew hating racist? :eek:
Why would you even want to stay in a relationship with a racist gf? :confused:

I was 16 and still at school when I dumped a trot bf in his 50s for being a vitriolic jew hating racist.
I don't have any jewish ancestry, don't practice judaism nor attend religious services at synagogues.
Original post by londonmyst
Why on earth would you want to be celebrating Judaism's Festival of Lights with a girl that your consider to be a jew hating racist? :eek:
Why would you even want to stay in a relationship with a racist gf? :confused:

I was 16 and still at school when I dumped a trot bf in his 50s for being a vitriolic jew hating racist.
I don't have any jewish ancestry, don't practice judaism nor attend religious services at synagogues.

Do you think shes one? She denies it but I mean its obvious
You don't have to be Jewish to dislike someone who is anti-semitic. End the relationship.
If my partner was racist I'd end it immediately. It's sad to hear you're still with her. Do you love her more than your own roots?
The fact that you are describing your gf as an antisemitic racist tells you everything that you need to know.
I've no idea who your gf is, who her friends are or if any of them are jew hating racists.
You are the one who knows her, hears the things that she says and sees what sort of people she makes friends with.
Original post by Euphoria101
If my partner was racist I'd end it immediately. It's sad to hear you're still with her. Do you love her more than your own roots?

I mean I dont know. I actually never liked her when we first met which was 4 years ago. We began dating last year as we began hanging out and texting a lot.

And while we do go out and spend time together, we most of the things by ourselves. Like if I'm going to the library, then I do it myself.
She can be at uni and I ll still go away even if I have nothing to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending