Original post by Student_a12
Ohh my teacher said we are allowed

my notes taking is starting tomorrow, so i’m just looking at websites right now
Original post by nino1008
my notes taking is starting tomorrow, so i’m just looking at websites right now

Have u started notes
Have u started notes

yeaa we’re like half way through the 6 hours... but i feel like i’ve finished and i’ve only done 2 pages
Reply 24
Hi
Can you please contact me regarding unit 4- Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care,
for the exam to be done in January 2020!!!
Reply 25
is anyone doing Unit 1 health and soical care revision for January 10th exam let me know thanks
I feel like I’ve found the article for the secondary source but still struggling to write notes eventhough I know the methods etc

hi I am also doing this with the schizophrenia article! the only thing is I really just don't understand how I'm supposed to structure the answers and I keep telling my teacher this but nothings changing its so frustrating! what types of things are you doing to revise?
Original post by effffff
is anyone doing Unit 1 health and soical care revision for January 10th exam let me know thanks

I did this exam in January just gone and got a distinction, id say definitely revise the disorders that are included in the revision books like pku and cystic fibrosis etc as a lot of marks tend to go towards these
Original post by aksa12
Hi
Can you please contact me regarding unit 4- Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care,
for the exam to be done in January 2020!!

Hi, I'm doing this exam next week. How are you revising for it, ive left it so last minute and don't know what to do now.
Original post by effffff

I am, I've been doing revision cards but don't know anything.
I’ve used revision cards; just memorise the key information like sampling methods,Advantages and disadvantages of research methods and ethical issues. Things you can’t mention in your notes
I am, I've been doing revision cards but don't know anything.

Hi
I’m really confused on how to layout the question in exam would you talk about each articles as you go along so all about the first then the second etc or would you do each point of one articles as your comparing hope you can help
hi, does anyone know if our 4 pages of notes will be sent to the examiners or does the school just keep them?
Original post by Lily-Anne098
hi, does anyone know if our 4 pages of notes will be sent to the examiners or does the school just keep them?

Hi I’m also doing the exam tomorrow, my teacher says that teachers just have to check them and they don’t get sent off to the exam board... have you revised?? I’m so confused on what to revuse and the exam is tomorrow ffs😂
Reply 34
Original post by georgialeex_
I did this exam in January just gone and got a distinction, id say definitely revise the disorders that are included in the revision books like pku and cystic fibrosis etc as a lot of marks tend to go towards these

Thanks x
Reply 35
Thanks
Original post by tri-ciaa
Hi,

I study BTEC health and social care - it's the new syllabus so unit 4 is the external assessment. Part A is the research and Part B is the exam. There are two different articles. I chose the 'Gamechanger' pill for asthma patients.

We are doing Part A now and I have made notes of the secondary resources I have found, however, the information in other related articles have the same/similar information (of course).
Also, I have used citations from researchers, experts and patients as well as statistics. I just hope that I'm not doing anything wrong. If anyone has any useful and helpful advice/tips on how to do or improve research, please let me know as the notes are the biggest part when I will sit the exam.
This is my first time doing this type of assessment and I am very determined to achieve high points.

Also, I believe we need to have lines of enquiry. If anyone has any good examples on the topic of asthma, could you please also let me know? As I'm sort of struggling with that.

Thank you to anyone for any help. I'd very much appreciate it. (Sorry if anything wasn't clear enough)

i have a question - is the question structure the same as the one in the sample paper - i am doing the exam in January - i am thinking of doing the health section...
Original post by Keri00Summers
i have a question - is the question structure the same as the one in the sample paper - i am doing the exam in January - i am thinking of doing the health section...

it’s the same, when i had done my exam this year the questions were actually the exact same as the past/ sample papers! so definitely look at the questions - they’ll be very similar
it’s the same, when i had done my exam this year the questions were actually the exact same as the past/ sample papers! so definitely look at the questions - they’ll be very similar

I know Activity 1 (15 Marks), Activity 3 (20 Marks) are the same questions and Activity 4 (15 Marks) is similar:

Activity 1: How has quantitative research been used to extract data in this article?
In your answer, you should consider:

o The different research methods referred to in the article.
o The reliability and validity of the research.

Activity 3: What implications does this research have for practice and/or the provision of health services for people in the article?
In your answer you should refer to the article and to your own secondary research.

Activity 4: It is about someone who wants to do further research about the topic in the article; that someone would use sample of a small number or a big number of people.

What about Activity 2????

Also all the papers are locked on the website so I really can't check it
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by georgialeex_

can you help me with this unit? Like what to revise and what would you recommend for me to do
also have you done unit 3?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending