The Student Room Group

St George's A101 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Waiting with a score of 60, would be nice to get news before Christmas!
Original post by AspiringDoctor
Waiting with a score of 60, would be nice to get news before Christmas!

Same with 61. I'm hoping that maybe their going down their list in alphabetical order or something loool
Reply 82
Wondering why the difference in how gamsat scores are calculated. The spreadsheet entries for both SGUL and Nottingham divide score by 3 whereas other uni's weight section 3 into equation with overall lower score - so is this then the score they consider? Anyone shed light on this?
Original post by frank1
Wondering why the difference in how gamsat scores are calculated. The spreadsheet entries for both SGUL and Nottingham divide score by 3 whereas other uni's weight section 3 into equation with overall lower score - so is this then the score they consider? Anyone shed light on this?

Nottingham and George’s weigh all sections equally so you get a 1+1+1 weighting. Whereas the GAMSAT does it 1+1+2 where the science section is worth half the total score. They’ll use both methods to calculate a score and take whichever is higher. I guess it’s to put more emphasis on the essay and reasoning sections.
Original post by childishemilio
Same with 61. I'm hoping that maybe their going down their list in alphabetical order or something loool

It seemed like super high scores (65+) started getting offers last Fri so I believe they were starting from the top (previous poster) and we reached 59 today, fingers crossed for us!

Original post by frank1

I believe in SGUL and Notts have in their FAQ that's how they calculate - I know certainly for Notts they either take 3 sections/3 or do the double weighting for section 3 and take the higher of the two.
I’ve heard nothing since my application acknowledgment mid October. Gamsat 64 and enough work experience. 🤔
Original post by pole5533
Evening to ya'll
Scored 69 on GAMSAT, let's just say section 3 really took it out of me :smile:
Tbh it probably is like other unis and they're just sending interviews in batches, probably unreflective of the application quality; last year these dates were when they were sent out

any tips for section 3 revision?
Has anyone been able to book an interview through the portal?
Original post by hszulfqar
Has anyone been able to book an interview through the portal?

Nope, it still wont show up for me, might give them a call again
I managed to log in after they reset my details and don’t worry there’s lots of slots left
Went in person to get it fixed smh, booked 6 Feb tho - good luck to everyone!
Original post by hibaq1994

S3 was my lowest with 64, I have plenty of scientfic background in all 3 sciences, plus studied for about half a year on all before hand and to be frank with you, they don't help. Best advice imho is get used to multi-layered data analysis and problem solving, skim reading, all you really need science wise is basic concepts to understand it. It's fair enough to compensate with non-scientific applicants who may be just as good a doctor in the future
Original post by hibaq1994

I’m a biomed grad with literally no knowledge about physics and forgotten most organic chemistry. Actual scientific knowledge doesn’t help that much, I would say about 20% of your focus for section 3 should be on that, it just makes the context of the questions easier to understand when you have the background. I spent most of my time practicing questions from different sources but mostly Des O’Neil and ozimed papers. Feel free to PM for free resources.
Just got my invite!!!
Original post by childishemilio
Just got my invite!!!

Congrats! Your post made me check and just recieved one too :biggrin:
I had emailed both emails and also phoned yesterday to find out my username and password to access the portal. I was redirected to email another email and had done so yesterday, but I still have not received a reply about the password. Is anyone else in the same boat? A little worried :confused:
Just got my invite! 2-2 and a masters, gamsat 59! Yes there are still about 50ish slots to be filled for interview
Reply 97
Hi, does anyone know the contact number to call admissions? Can't find it on the website.
Original post by rowy12
Hi, does anyone know the contact number to call admissions? Can't find it on the website.

I think it's 02082666285. That's what it says in one of the emails I've received
Reply 99
Thank you!!

Quick Reply