The Student Room Group
University logo
Abertay University

Abertay university 2020 applicant chat

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Abertay for 2020!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi!
No responses to this thread yet so I guess I'll get it started!
I'm planning to go to abertay next year to study ethical hacking, I'm currently doing BTEC IT, I've got an offer but yet to accept it as I haven't actually visited the uni yet, so just holding out on that :smile: it's a long trek for me to abertay as I live pretty dang close to lands end so I'll be travelling from one side of the UK to the other!
What are you all applying for?
University logo
Abertay University
I’m applying for Bsc Psychology and I’m currently studying Maths Biology Chemistry and Psychology 😀
I am applying for Bsc computer games application development and i am currently studying physics chemistry maths and computer science (c++).😄😄
Reply 4
I'm currently in the process of finalising my application for their "BSc (Hons) Ethical Hacking" degree; tidying up my personal statement as I type this and my assigned tutor is combining teacher references into one big report. It's killing me the fact that there is a set word count, because I will end up being 100 characters over.

I'm in S5 right now and currently studying Computing Science, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English all at Higher level in preparation.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Strelzo
It's killing me the fact that there is a set word count, because I will end up being 100 characters over

Haha yeah I feel you on that one! I was about 200 characters over on my personal statement and had to go through shaving characters off one by one by changing words to a synonym that was like a character or two shorter! Hopefully all the work will pay off in the end!
Reply 6
Original post by LemonWho
Haha yeah I feel you on that one! I was about 200 characters over on my personal statement and had to go through shaving characters off one by one by changing words to a synonym that was like a character or two shorter! Hopefully all the work will pay off in the end!

:lol:

Hope everything goes well for you too. :^_^: Might end up bumping in to you in the future if we're both successful (and in your case if you accept or not), since we're both going for an ethical hacking place lol.
I heard back from Abertay yesterday and received a conditional offer :smile: hope you guys receive the offer you’re hoping !
Original post by ensterzx
I heard back from Abertay yesterday and received a conditional offer :smile: hope you guys receive the offer you’re hoping !

Great news! Congratulations :biggrin:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Great news! Congratulations :biggrin:

thank you :smile:)

Oh that's amazing! Well done!
Original post by LemonWho
Oh that's amazing! Well done!

Thank you! Hope you get what you’re hoping for :smile:

Hey, just posing a question:

How did they get in contact with you to let you know of a conditional offer anyways? Have you already submitted your UCAS application?

Congrats btw. :clap2:
Original post by Strelzo
Hey, just posing a question:

How did they get in contact with you to let you know of a conditional offer anyways? Have you already submitted your UCAS application?

Congrats btw. :clap2:

Thank you! Yes i submitted my application on the 9th of december and my guidance teacher submitted my reference on the 10th. I received an email saying i should check my track ucas and saw the offer. The uni contacted me this morning via email about information 🙂
Thank you! Yes i submitted my application on the 9th of december and my guidance teacher submitted my reference on the 10th. I received an email saying i should check my track ucas and saw the offer. The uni contacted me this morning via email about information 🙂

Oh awesome! Nice going :clap2:

Hopefully I'll get a similar response when I submit mines lol.
I applied for a BSc in Computing and got a conditional offer. Applied to UCAS on the 17th and got an offer on the 18th so they were pretty quick.
Original post by itsconnor
I applied for a BSc in Computing and got a conditional offer. Applied to UCAS on the 17th and got an offer on the 18th so they were pretty quick.

Congratulations 😀
I’m applying for Computer Arts!
Currently I’m studying Advanced Higher Art and Advanced Higher Spanish.

However, my portfolio is currently still being panicked over.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi! Current first year Bsc Hons Ethical Hacking student at Abertay Uni here :smile:.

Feel free to ask any questions about the course (or about the uni etc) , I'll try my best to answer them.
Original post by Paddylonglegs10
Hi! Current first year Bsc Hons Ethical Hacking student at Abertay Uni here :smile:.

Feel free to ask any questions about the course (or about the uni etc) , I'll try my best to answer them.

Oh cool! Do you enjoy the course? And do you think the standard of teaching is good? I'm looking forward to hopefully joining you next year!

Quick Reply

Latest