Torigracex
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi guys! Liverpool’s my first choice so was wondering who else is thinking of going to Liverpool. Feel free to put what else you’ve applied to etc, just want to get to know a few people thinking of starting there next year too xx (for vet med btw forgot to put it in the title)
Last edited by Torigracex; 11 months ago
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
DD got an offer and it has always been her top choice. She is waiting on the outcome of her Cambridge and Nottingham interviews.
Torigracex
Rep:
?
(Original post by ReadingMum)
DD got an offer and it has always been her top choice. She is waiting on the outcome of her Cambridge and Nottingham interviews.
Well done to her! I’m waiting for nottingham and harper keele after interview
OrangeArcher
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I'm a resit applicant and I've got offers from Liverpool and Harper Keele. I'm waiting for a pre interview rejection from Surrey (had an offer from them last year) and I haven't heard anything from Bristol yet. I'm thinking that as soon as my Liverpool offer comes through on UCAS then I'm going to withdraw from any unis I haven't heard from yet and decide between any offers I have. I'm having a tough time deciding between Liverpool and Harper Keele as I really like both vet schools.
Last edited by OrangeArcher; 11 months ago
Torigracex
Rep:
?
(Original post by OrangeArcher)
I'm a resit applicant and I've got offers from Liverpool and Harper Keele. I'm waiting for a pre interview rejection from Surrey (had an offer from them last year) and I haven't heard anything from Bristol yet. I'm thinking that as soon as my Liverpool offer comes through on UCAS then I'm going to withdraw from any unis I haven't heard from yet and decide between any offers I have. I'm having a tough time deciding between Liverpool and Harper Keele as I really like both vet schools.
Aw that’s cool! I live a 4 minute drive from one of harper/keele so preferring to go somewhere a bit further away ngl 😅😅 which one are you thinking of being based at out of the two?
OrangeArcher
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Torigracex)
Aw that’s cool! I live a 4 minute drive from one of harper/keele so preferring to go somewhere a bit further away ngl 😅😅 which one are you thinking of being based at out of the two?
Ah, that makes sense. Liverpool is closer for me than Harper Keele but even then it's about 100 miles to Liverpool from where I live. I haven't visited Keele yet but before I had my interview and got my offer I was thinking of choosing Keele but now I have no idea tbh 😂. Which campus would you choose if you got an offer?
Torigracex
Rep:
?
Ah, that makes sense. Liverpool is closer for me than Harper Keele but even then it's about 100 miles to Liverpool from where I live. I haven't visited Keele yet but before I had my interview and got my offer I was thinking of choosing Keele but now I have no idea tbh 😂. Which campus would you choose if you got an offer?
Campus-wise personally I’d definitely go harper simply because I preferred it. Keele was good but wasn’t a fan of the accommodation other than the most expensive one (in Liverpool I’m hoping to get the cheapest accommodation that happened to be my favourite for comparison). Harper seems to have more ‘vet’ facilities being an agricultural university that already does veterinary nursing and the big thing for me is that they have a building dedicated to housing all sorts of animals which will be so so useful during exam periods! I’m not sure what night life is like around Keele but Newport (right next to harper) has about 20 pubs in it so it’s decent enough x
OrangeArcher
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Campus-wise personally I’d definitely go harper simply because I preferred it. Keele was good but wasn’t a fan of the accommodation other than the most expensive one (in Liverpool I’m hoping to get the cheapest accommodation that happened to be my favourite for comparison). Harper seems to have more ‘vet’ facilities being an agricultural university that already does veterinary nursing and the big thing for me is that they have a building dedicated to housing all sorts of animals which will be so so useful during exam periods! I’m not sure what night life is like around Keele but Newport (right next to harper) has about 20 pubs in it so it’s decent enough x
Liverpool's cheapest accommodation (not including accommodation with bunk beds) is so much more expensive than surrey's equivalent accommodation so that's a bit annoying but I suppose Liverpool's accommodation is really high quality so the price is justified. I liked the majority of Harper Adams' small/exotic animal building but I don't know if that would sway me to choose it over Keele. I'm not much of a party animal but one thing that is making me like the idea of Liverpool is that it's a large city with tons of things to do and I think I'd prefer going somewhere that is busier than where I already live.
Torigracex
Rep:
?
Liverpool's cheapest accommodation (not including accommodation with bunk beds) is so much more expensive than surrey's equivalent accommodation so that's a bit annoying but I suppose Liverpool's accommodation is really high quality so the price is justified. I liked the majority of Harper Adams' small/exotic animal building but I don't know if that would sway me to choose it over Keele. I'm not much of a party animal but one thing that is making me like the idea of Liverpool is that it's a large city with tons of things to do and I think I'd prefer going somewhere that is busier than where I already live.
I fell in love with Liverpool as soon as I went on a school trip at the start of year 12, and when I saw the university itself I just loved it even more! The thing I liked most about Liverpool is that you can do some of your final year rotations abroad. You can do that in most vet unis in China, but Liverpool offered France, Norway, China and some others I can’t remember off the top of my head. If you’re not much of a party animal then Harper Keele might be better for you personally. I haven’t seen Keeles new vet building since it’s actually started to come together but I saw Harper’s during my interview yesterday and it was amazing! So either will be a good choice I reckon.
OrangeArcher
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I fell in love with Liverpool as soon as I went on a school trip at the start of year 12, and when I saw the university itself I just loved it even more! The thing I liked most about Liverpool is that you can do some of your final year rotations abroad. You can do that in most vet unis in China, but Liverpool offered France, Norway, China and some others I can’t remember off the top of my head. If you’re not much of a party animal then Harper Keele might be better for you personally. I haven’t seen Keeles new vet building since it’s actually started to come together but I saw Harper’s during my interview yesterday and it was amazing! So either will be a good choice I reckon.
My first time visiting Liverpool was for my interview and I absolutely loved the uni and the city but now that I've visited Harper Adams I'm back to square one with deciding between the two vet schools 😂. I have heard Liverpool vet school is big on the drinking/clubbing culture (which I'm not super interested in) but Harper Adams also seems to have a big drinking culture. One thing that is putting me off from Harper Keele is that as we would be the first cohort then there wouldn't be any older students to support us/talk to but then again the idea of going to a new vet school is a really intriguing and exciting concept.
Torigracex
Rep:
?
My first time visiting Liverpool was for my interview and I absolutely loved the uni and the city but now that I've visited Harper Adams I'm back to square one with deciding between the two vet schools 😂. I have heard Liverpool vet school is big on the drinking/clubbing culture (which I'm not super interested in) but Harper Adams also seems to have a big drinking culture. One thing that is putting me off from Harper Keele is that as we would be the first cohort then there wouldn't be any older students to support us/talk to but then again the idea of going to a new vet school is a really intriguing and exciting concept.
Harper students are definitely all about drinking (spend any Wednesday, Friday or Saturday night in Newport and you’ll see immediately aha) but I’m not so sure about Keele’s culture around drinking. It does put me off harper keele somewhat that it’ll be their first time teaching the course that it’ll be rocky and probably have a few improvements to be made throughout our 5 years but Surrey was 100% okay and they only just received accreditation so 🤷*♀️
OrangeArcher
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Harper students are definitely all about drinking (spend any Wednesday, Friday or Saturday night in Newport and you’ll see immediately aha) but I’m not so sure about Keele’s culture around drinking. It does put me off harper keele somewhat that it’ll be their first time teaching the course that it’ll be rocky and probably have a few improvements to be made throughout our 5 years but Surrey was 100% okay and they only just received accreditation so 🤷*♀️
I'm not bothered about it being a new course as I'm sure they'll get accreditation at the end of the 5 years but I'm just worried I'll miss out on the support from the older years in the vet school as older vet students are utilised a lot to support the younger cohorts.
Torigracex
Rep:
?
I'm not bothered about it being a new course as I'm sure they'll get accreditation at the end of the 5 years but I'm just worried I'll miss out on the support from the older years in the vet school as older vet students are utilised a lot to support the younger cohorts.
That’s true like nottingham has a big vet little vet system where younger years get paired up with a more senior student which you’d be missing out on. I guess one positive is that you get to be the first cohort to support the younger vet students later on in the course
student1.2.3
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi! I have an offer for Liverpool for vet med and its my first choice Im so excited about it! has anyone else applied for accommodation yet? if so where?
Torigracex
Rep:
?
(Original post by student1.2.3)
Hi! I have an offer for Liverpool for vet med and its my first choice Im so excited about it! has anyone else applied for accommodation yet? if so where?
I have!! Gone for a double bed Melville grove, single bed Melville grove and a double bed crown court, what about you x
student1.2.3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I have!! Gone for a double bed Melville grove, single bed Melville grove and a double bed crown court, what about you xdouble
double bed crown court, single bed crown court and double bed vine court. Any of the accommodations seem so nice and they all have amazing locations, it was so difficult to choose! Liverpool is my dream uni Im still in shock that I got an offer! x
Torigracex
Rep:
?
double bed crown court, single bed crown court and double bed vine court. Any of the accommodations seem so nice and they all have amazing locations, it was so difficult to choose! Liverpool is my dream uni Im still in shock that I got an offer! x
Same! I opened the email whilst I was about to begin my nottingham interview so that was a very interesting day aha. I only saw crown court and Melville grove but looking online those two are my personal preferred anyway x
student1.2.3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Same! I opened the email whilst I was about to begin my nottingham interview so that was a very interesting day aha. I only saw crown court and Melville grove but looking online those two are my personal preferred anyway x
omg that must of been amazing opening it before an interview! When I saw the email I thought it was a rejection so I screamed when it said I have an offer! I picked my accommodation purely from what was online, my interview was the first time seeing what I had applied for and I was very happy about the location of both but still haven't seen inside either in person! x
Torigracex
Rep:
?
omg that must of been amazing opening it before an interview! When I saw the email I thought it was a rejection so I screamed when it said I have an offer! I picked my accommodation purely from what was online, my interview was the first time seeing what I had applied for and I was very happy about the location of both but still haven't seen inside either in person! x
Liverpool is amazing the facilities are leahurst are so so good. I was trying to read the email abso shaking trying to see if it was an offer or rejection
Keele Postgraduate
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi there! I’f there is anything about Keele that you’d like to know in order to make your decision then please don’t hesitate to ask! I currently study at Keele so i’ll be able to share my personal experiences with you and reach the relevant people to answer your queries! Good luck with everything!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (96)
28.4%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.02%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (64)
18.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (34)
10.06%
No - I live at home during term anyway (100)
29.59%

Watched Threads