The Student Room Group

CASS business school or UCD Smurfit Business School

I have offer letter from both for Sept 2020 intake
CASS Business School, London- MSc in Banking & International Finance
University College Dublin, Smurfit Business School- MSc Quantitative Finance

Which uni is better for my course? Which uni will provide better job prospects in Investment banking and asset management sector? Is CASS really worth 29500 GBP?
Will brexit affect the job scenarios in london that bad that I couldn't find a decent job in finance sector if I pass out from CASS?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ABC0497
I have offer letter from both for Sept 2020 intake
CASS Business School, London- MSc in Banking & International Finance
University College Dublin, Smurfit Business School- MSc Quantitative Finance

Which uni is better for my course? Which uni will provide better job prospects in Investment banking and asset management sector? Is CASS really worth 29500 GBP?
Will brexit affect the job scenarios in london that bad that I couldn't find a decent job in finance sector if I pass out from CASS?

Hate to put it to you but yes CASS is the way to go. The premium it charges is quite crazy but then that's what you get for studying at an established business school located in a location like London. The school has so many links with big financial institutions so that is definitely a plus. Other top schools in London are charging the same fee, if not more. Take a look at LSE, Imperial, King's College, UCL, and LBS for example.

I couldn't comment on the course at UCD but I'd bet CASS just makes a lot more sense in this case especially if you are worried about what the future holds. Also for Investment banking/Asset management, CASS wins again.

Good luck and hope you make the right choice.
Reply 2
Original post by Hakz
Hate to put it to you but yes CASS is the way to go. The premium it charges is quite crazy but then that's what you get for studying at an established business school located in a location like London. The school has so many links with big financial institutions so that is definitely a plus. Other top schools in London are charging the same fee, if not more. Take a look at LSE, Imperial, King's College, UCL, and LBS for example.

I couldn't comment on the course at UCD but I'd bet CASS just makes a lot more sense in this case especially if you are worried about what the future holds. Also for Investment banking/Asset management, CASS wins again.

Good luck and hope you make the right choice.

Thanks for the suggestion. Even I am a bit tilted towards CASS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending