The Student Room Group

biology HELP

I have a few question that I really don't understand at all, so anyone who knows about science biology can to please message me and HELP ME OUT?
thanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by Kayleejarv24
I have a few question that I really don't understand at all, so anyone who knows about science biology can to please message me and HELP ME OUT?
thanks in advance

sure what's the question :smile:
Q1. the skeletal system is responsible for variety of functions. identify the functions of the skeletal system, explaining how it is linked to structure and give examples.
Q2. their are a number of moveable joints found within the human body. identify 4 different types of moveable joint, justify their classification by describing their structure. for each joint identified, discuss the movement rang allowed by each joint. you may use a diagrams to aid your discussion.
Q3
part1: identify and explain the joints and muscle movements involved in cycling. focus your discussion on the lower body.

part 2: identify and explain the joint and muscle movements involved in swimming. focus your discussion on the upper body
Q4.
part1: state the general functions of the skeletal muscles.

part 2: discuss the composition of a skeletal muscle explaining the functions of the different components. you may use a diagram to support your discussion.

Q5. identify ONE antagonistic pair within the body and explain how it works to produce movement.

if you can help you can help would be much appreciated if have tried for a few hours last night and all day today to do these question but I just couldn't answer them.
1. Functions of the skeletal system:
* supports the body
* facilitates movement
* protects internal organs
* produces blood cells
* stores and releases minerals and fat
the structure is directly linked to the function- it provides a framework to support the body; holds it upright etc. ribcage protects vital organs, different types of joints within the structure aid movement, cavities within the bones are a space for production of cells

* Ball and socket joint– This kind of joint involves two bones. One of the bone has a large rounded end which fits into a cup-like socket of the other bone. This kind of joint is generally found in large bones such as the shoulder joint and hip joint. A ball and socket joint provides the greatest degree of movement among different kinds of joints including rotation, flexion, extension, abduction, and adduction.
* Hinge joint-This joint is said to be a very simple joint that allows movement only in one axis. It allows only two kinds of movements- flexion and extension. Example of this joint is the joints found between in the elbow and knee.
* Pivot joint– This type of joint allows rotation along one axis only. A common example of this type of joint is the atlantooccipital joint in the neck.
* Ellipsoid/gliding joint– This joint is very similar to the ball and socket joint but without rotation. It allows movements only in two axes. Example of this is the wrist joint.

Goodluck on 3,4,5 :smile:
Original post by sammyj97
1. Functions of the skeletal system:
* supports the body
* facilitates movement
* protects internal organs
* produces blood cells
* stores and releases minerals and fat
the structure is directly linked to the function- it provides a framework to support the body; holds it upright etc. ribcage protects vital organs, different types of joints within the structure aid movement, cavities within the bones are a space for production of cells

* Ball and socket joint– This kind of joint involves two bones. One of the bone has a large rounded end which fits into a cup-like socket of the other bone. This kind of joint is generally found in large bones such as the shoulder joint and hip joint. A ball and socket joint provides the greatest degree of movement among different kinds of joints including rotation, flexion, extension, abduction, and adduction.
* Hinge joint-This joint is said to be a very simple joint that allows movement only in one axis. It allows only two kinds of movements- flexion and extension. Example of this joint is the joints found between in the elbow and knee.
* Pivot joint– This type of joint allows rotation along one axis only. A common example of this type of joint is the atlantooccipital joint in the neck.
* Ellipsoid/gliding joint– This joint is very similar to the ball and socket joint but without rotation. It allows movements only in two axes. Example of this is the wrist joint.

Goodluck on 3,4,5 :smile:

How you get it to sound so good, honestly I have struggled with it you all are amazing helping me out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending