The Student Room Group

Popular games you hate

Scroll to see replies

I hate League of Legends because I can't learn how to play it. Although I like to follow the game of different teams. There are many funny occasions in LoL matches https://www.macobserver.com/5-teams-in-lol-match-history-well-never-forget/ I also hate the Clash Royale, I uninstall and reinstall to continue the game. Here is a paradox.
(edited 4 years ago)
GTA, and especially the online aspect, i just found the game boring and the online aspect i just didn't get the appeal. The actual city was amazing, but not much i found was memorable
Just about any RPG.

There's no reason why there can't be RPGs that don't use supernatural / superhuman powers, that aren't Lovecraftian and that don't feature space/dragon/aliens. The term just means 'Role Playing Games'- it isn't called ’Japanesey or Lovecraftian Role Playing Games'. A game like Bully (aka Canis Canem Edit) could be turned in to an RPG.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by hopeful_pharm
I never really liked any sport game like Fifa or NBA or fighting games. I did used to like Tekken on PS1 when I was younger but now I can't stand any fighting games.

Same here about the football games. Most I played are just horrible in controlling and team playing, just a few are decent. A waste of money in my oponion.
Elder Scrolls Skyrim. I made the mistake of playing it after the phenomenal Witcher 3, and it was so boring in comparison. I just couldn't see the appeal. My friend who is obsessed with it bought it for me as a present too. I couldn't even pretend to be into it with him out of politeness.
Reply 25
Original post by navarre
Elder Scrolls Skyrim. I made the mistake of playing it after the phenomenal Witcher 3, and it was so boring in comparison. I just couldn't see the appeal. My friend who is obsessed with it bought it for me as a present too. I couldn't even pretend to be into it with him out of politeness.

Same! I love Witcher 3. So does my partner, but Skyrim is his favourite game of all time, and honestly, I just find it incredibly boring. Plus, the graphics aren't that great...
Reply 26
Tried out the Last of Us on ps3

Haven't played into a huge amount but so far i'd rate it 7/10

seems overhyped imo

Uncharted 4 on the other hand, I really liked that. 9.5ish/10
Dragon Age and Mass Effect - both were incredibly popular RPGs in their day but I just found them both so boring.
Original post by ANM775
Tried out the Last of Us on ps3

Haven't played into a huge amount but so far i'd rate it 7/10

seems overhyped imo

Uncharted 4 on the other hand, I really liked that. 9.5ish/10

I would say that Last of Us is more to do with the story. The point of the game is to entice you into becoming hooked on the plot and the character relationships.
I don’t hate the games particularly but I honestly DESPITE the community of it.

LoL/ ML
Many players are cancerous and toxic.
Fallout series
Original post by Cheesybread
GTA, and especially the online aspect, i just found the game boring and the online aspect i just didn't get the appeal. The actual city was amazing, but not much i found was memorable

I want to go the second time GTA 5 on the console.
- Fortnite
- Fifa
Original post by JoshDarnIt_2.0
- Fortnite
- Fifa

You can add the EA and PES football games too. Most of those are horrible to play. Either it is the controlling or the AI of the players what sucks.
Original post by Cheesybread

I found the online aspect of GTAV boring but when GTA IV was active it’s online was great
Reply 35
Original post by Picnic1
Just about any RPG.

There's no reason why there can't be RPGs that don't use supernatural / superhuman powers, that aren't Lovecraftian and that don't feature space/dragon/aliens. The term just means 'Role Playing Games'- it isn't called ’Japanesey or Lovecraftian Role Playing Games'. A game like Bully (aka Canis Canem Edit) could be turned in to an RPG.

RPG'S are turning into action games, and action games are turning into RPG's.

Take God of War for example. It has stat's for health and armour etc now in the same way RPG's traditionally have.
Take final fantasy 15 also, there is not classic turn based system and it's more action based/button mashing than earlier entries

btw, horizon zero dawn is an rpg which doesn't have dragons or any of the other stuff you mentioned. it's a pretty good game. maybe give it a try if you have playstation now
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
I don't hate any games, just because I don't enjoy them doesn't mean I must then hate them.

I like people with a mindset like you.
League.
Been playing it for a few weeks now and I honestly can't get into it. Thought it would be decent since I have quite a few friends that play it but yeah, just doesn't do it for me.
I only hate games I don’t know how to play like call of duty or fifa
Original post by ANM775
RPG'S are turning into action games, and action games are turning into RPG's.

Take God of War for example. It has stat's for health and armour etc now in the same way RPG's traditionally have.
Take final fantasy 15 also, there is not classic turn based system and it's more action based/button mashing than earlier entries

btw, horizon zero dawn is an rpg which doesn't have dragons or any of the other stuff you mentioned. it's a pretty good game. maybe give it a try if you have playstation now

It might be a good game but I should have added 'and doesn't heavily feature robots' to my list too.

Quick Reply

Latest