The Student Room Group

Any Asians with no social life cos of their parents???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by davesantana
they do lol. its just cinema and link up. but they dont know they smoke

ohhh ahaha when u said go out I thought u meant going clubbing
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I wasnt allowed to move away so im studying at a uni thats only 20 mins away from me and i live at home.

get a car lmaoooo. joke joke. say that you've had enough.. if your a guy, it should be easier to say this but even if you're a girl, your 21 don't have it. next thing you know arranged marriage and that, its ur life.. you don't want to regret not going out, and having fun... Be rebellious and then hopefully ur parents and urself will laugh looking back in 10 years time hheehe.
Ok, so my mum is Russian, but I relate to this soooooo much :frown: I'm not allowed to go out very often with friends, I have a limit on my phone and as for when I go to Uni, I'm being told that I have to live at home and go to the closest one near me. :sigh:

I do rebel sometimes though... :getmecoat:
Original post by Shining Stars
Ok, so my mum is Russian, but I relate to this soooooo much :frown: I'm not allowed to go out very often with friends, I have a limit on my phone and as for when I go to Uni, I'm being told that I have to live at home and go to the closest one near me. :sigh:

I do rebel sometimes though... :getmecoat:

it'll be alright hopefully ur mum will be less strict with u by the time u apply for uni
Original post by Anonymous
it'll be alright hopefully ur mum will be less strict with u by the time u apply for uni

Doubt it lmao :rofl: What are your parents like?
Original post by Shining Stars
Doubt it lmao :rofl: What are your parents like?

they're just as strict and have the same rules as ur parents but i think they'll let me go to a uni further away but this is only cos i kinda live in the middle of nowhere.I wanna do medicine and the only uni that's near isn't a medical school.They won't be able to control me if i'm further away and not living with them
Yep. Indian parents and they were so controlling that I never developed a proper social life or social skills. A large proportion of Asian parents have absolutely no clue how to parent.
Yep. Indian parents and they were so controlling that I never developed a proper social life or social skills. A large proportion of Asian parents have absolutely no clue how to parent.

nahh I wouldn't go that far although my parents are strict they're good parents and have the right intentions and because of that I'm doing well at school but i agree that my social skills are lacking
get a car lmaoooo. joke joke. say that you've had enough.. if your a guy, it should be easier to say this but even if you're a girl, your 21 don't have it. next thing you know arranged marriage and that, its ur life.. you don't want to regret not going out, and having fun... Be rebellious and then hopefully ur parents and urself will laugh looking back in 10 years time hheehe.

Luckily, im moving away for my postgrad. For now, i just gotta deal w them..
nahh I wouldn't go that far although my parents are strict they're good parents and have the right intentions and because of that I'm doing well at school but i agree that my social skills are lacking

I wouldn't call your parents 'good' if you have 'no social life' because of them. One of those statements must be false.
I wouldn't call your parents 'good' if you have 'no social life' because of them. One of those statements must be false.

hmmm they’re alright no social life as in i can’t go out to parties or get drunk
I'm indian and my parents are sooo strict they don't let me go out or anything like that and I know all asian parents are like this,just wanna know I'm not the only one who has no social life cos of their parents

MY BRO THIS HAPPENS TO ME !!
1) my parents don't let me talk to boys :s-smilie:
2) i literally never go to my friends party bc of my parents!

being indian is so hard :frown:
Reply 32
Sorta but that changed at university for a little bit. My parents don't have many friends/family around and sheltered me growing up, so that inhibited a lot of my social skills/life as I got older..
MY BRO THIS HAPPENS TO ME !!
1) my parents don't let me talk to boys :s-smilie:
2) i literally never go to my friends party bc of my parents!

being indian is so hard :frown:

you guys got invited?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending