The Student Room Group

Computer Science Applications 2020

I thought it would be a nice to have a thread for everyone applying to be able to compare/give advice etc over the next few months.
To get started:
Unis you’ve applied to:
Any offers:
Anything about you idk:
Original post by lamp12
I thought it would be a nice to have a thread for everyone applying to be able to compare/give advice etc over the next few months.
To get started:
Unis you’ve applied to:
Any offers:
Anything about you idk:

I’ll start:
I’ve applied to Exeter, Warwick, York, Durham and Edinburgh and got offers from all of them now except Edinburgh.
I’ve applied to Exeter, St. Andrews, Surrey, Cardiff and Royal Holloway. Been given an offer from Cardiff and Royal Holloway so far.
How long did it take for Exeter to reply after sending off your application?
Original post by Shannxnw
I’ve applied to Exeter, St. Andrews, Surrey, Cardiff and Royal Holloway. Been given an offer from Cardiff and Royal Holloway so far.
How long did it take for Exeter to reply after sending off your application?

It was about 10 days I think from sending off my application to getting an offer
Reply 4
I applied for St Andrews, Glasgow, Dundee and Aberdeen for Comp Sci. Then Edinburgh for A.I. I applied about a week ago and I've had acknowledgements from all of them but no offers yet.
Original post by lamp12
To get started:
Unis you’ve applied to:
Any offers:
Anything about you idk:

I have applied to St Andrews, Warwick, Durham, Edinburgh and Exeter.
No offers so far just acknowledgements (I applied on the 19th tho)
Original post by lamp12
I’ll start:
I’ve applied to Exeter, Warwick, York, Durham and Edinburgh and got offers from all of them now except Edinburgh.

Would you mind sharing the grades you applied with?
Original post by cheekyscrub
Would you mind sharing the grades you applied with?

4 A* with a B in EPQ. It's weird that we've applied to pretty much the same places....
Original post by lamp12
4 A* with a B in EPQ. It's weird that we've applied to pretty much the same places....

Thanks for sharing! And yeah it is a little odd.

Hopefully I can make the cut with A*A*AA. I've been a bit apprehensive since hearing about rejections of people with A*A*AA from warwick.
Thanks for sharing! And yeah it is a little odd.

Hopefully I can make the cut with A*A*AA. I've been a bit apprehensive since hearing about rejections of people with A*A*AA from warwick.

You should be apprehensive; I got rejected from Warwick in 2010 with 4 A*s at GCSE.
Original post by SMacmDuoeulgall
You should be apprehensive; I got rejected from Warwick in 2010 with 4 A*s at GCSE.

Im in exactly the same position as you.
Im in exactly the same position as you.

So am I
Original post by SMacmDuoeulgall
So am I

Hows that? :dontknow:
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending