The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Official OXFORD 2020 Postgraduate Applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ElemenTHU
Hi what course are you applying for?

Hi @ElemenTHU, I applied for a course in Education (Applied Linguistics & Second Language Acquisition).

@ElRoCl congrats!! Did you have an interview before getting the offer?

@BenevolentLemon I love your screenname! Yeah... I was told the results should come out by mid-January, but I still can't help constantly refreshing my inbox just in case they decide to reveal the results earlier (and seeing that some others are already receiving their offers only fuels my inbox obsession :eek:)
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Hello everyone -- I received an offer this morning for MSt Modern Languages. I applied for the November deadline.
Hi- I just received an offer letter for MSc in Social Science of the Internet.
I'm really surprised and excited! I applied for the November deadline and was not asked for an interview.
Original post by btermite
Hi- I just received an offer letter for MSc in Social Science of the Internet.
I'm really surprised and excited! I applied for the November deadline and was not asked for an interview.

Congrats! I applied to the same course and no interview yet. Still waiting for them
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Tomato02
Hey guys,

Just received my rejection letter for msc social science of the internet. Good luck to everyone else!

Hope you will get good news with other applications! I’m still waiting for their reply.
Reply 85
For anyone who has applied/is applying to DPhil courses -

In the space of "proposed supervisors if known" did you leave it empty?

If you did leave it empty, is it okay to leave it empty and not necessary to specify anyone?

If you did fill it, then is this because you already approached said potential supervisors or is it okay to specify people would suit the project?

Thanks
Original post by Curious123456789
Congratulations!! When is it?

Just had the interview earlier today (18th December US time)! It was a rather short interview (capped at 40 minutes) and the questions were relatively straightforward. Now fingers crossed for the final decision!
Original post by plm93
For anyone who has applied/is applying to DPhil courses -

In the space of "proposed supervisors if known" did you leave it empty?

If you did leave it empty, is it okay to leave it empty and not necessary to specify anyone?

If you did fill it, then is this because you already approached said potential supervisors or is it okay to specify people would suit the project?

Thanks

It depends on your course and if you're applying for a studentship. You should look for instructions in your department's Apply Now page. If they don't specify what you should enter then fill the space with whatever is applicable to you. It is recommended however that you contact your potential supervisor(s) before you submit your application.
Reply 88
Original post by Illuminatio_Mea
Hi @ElemenTHU, I applied for a course in Education (Applied Linguistics & Second Language Acquisition).

@ElRoCl congrats!! Did you have an interview before getting the offer?

@BenevolentLemon I love your screenname! Yeah... I was told the results should come out by mid-January, but I still can't help constantly refreshing my inbox just in case they decide to reveal the results earlier (and seeing that some others are already receiving their offers only fuels my inbox obsession :eek:)

@Illuminatio_Mea Thank you!! No, I didn't. For my programme I think they only interview people if they need clarification about something you wrote in your application

@Bendicò Congratulations! Nice to see a fellow MSt Modern Languages student :smile: Did you specify a college?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ElRoCl
@Illuminatio_Mea Thank you!! No, I didn't. For my programme I think they only interview people if they need clarification about something you wrote in your application

@Bendicò Congratulations! Nice to see a fellow MSt Modern Languages student :smile: Did you specify a college?

Thanks! You too. Yes, I put down Balliol
Original post by Bendicò
Thanks! You too. Yes, I put down Balliol

I also put down Balliol! I have no sense when we will hear anything from the college though, do you?
Also because I am an international student the college/university funding will make a very big difference on my ability to attend.
Reply 91
Hi,
I applied by the november deadline for the MSc in Environmental Change and Management and it was accepted for evaluation for the nov deadline. However I checked the app ans now it says that is to be evaluated for the january deadline :frown:

Has this happened to anyone? and if so, do you guys know if I'll have to wait 8/10 weeks from January?

thanks for any/all advice.
Original post by saneta
Hi,
I applied by the november deadline for the MSc in Environmental Change and Management and it was accepted for evaluation for the nov deadline. However I checked the app ans now it says that is to be evaluated for the january deadline :frown:

Has this happened to anyone? and if so, do you guys know if I'll have to wait 8/10 weeks from January?

thanks for any/all advice.

By app do you mean the self service portal?

I think it means that you'll have to wait 8-10 weeks after the Jan deadline so that they can reassess your application with that group of applicants.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 93
Original post by Patagonia
By app do you mean the self service portal?

I think it means that you'll have to wait 8-10 weeks after the Jan deadline so that they can reassess your application with that group of applicants.

Yes, the portal. I got the same idea :'( I guess it's better than an outright no.

Hello,

Anyone else applying for the D.Phil in law? I am having a really hard time sticking to the word limit for the research proposal (600 words)... Any tips?
Hi !
I applied for a Mphil by the November deadline and I am wondering if it possible ( and likely) to receive an answer during Oxford holidays period.
Thanks and good luck to everyone
Hi @lsealsewannabe, I applied by the November deadline too, and I was told that the results would be out around mid January, so I think we can safely assume that no news would be released during the holiday period :wink:
Original post by Illuminatio_Mea
Hi @lsealsewannabe, I applied by the November deadline too, and I was told that the results would be out around mid January, so I think we can safely assume that no news would be released during the holiday period :wink:

That's what I thought... Thanks :wink:
Hi dears, hope you've all had a nice christmas/holiday.

Got a rejection letter for msc in global governance and diplomacy :s: so I might either try applying again for a less competitive course (January deadline) or continue working instead haha
Hi guys, if anyone is thinking of applying to MSc Clinical and Therapeutic Neuroscience, I've created a Q&A thread where I can answer any questions before the January deadline. I'm one of the first students to be doing this brand-new course, so I thought I'd try and help seeing as there are barely any resources online. Here's the link if anyone's interested: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6285926 Best of luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest