The Student Room Group

Dentists Birmingham shadowing

Hi there, I’m in year 12 hoping to study dentistry . I’ve called in to a few dentists and emailed if I could shadow but they all have said no. Are they any dentists that anyone is aware of that will allow me to shadow in Birmingham?
Original post by Sximaaaa
Hi there, I’m in year 12 hoping to study dentistry . I’ve called in to a few dentists and emailed if I could shadow but they all have said no. Are they any dentists that anyone is aware of that will allow me to shadow in Birmingham?

I can't help you, but I had the same problem. I went to a number of dentists and they all said I had to be over 18, apparently, its because there are health and safety issues (which is weird because almost all Unis require work experience for dentistry). Does your school/college have a work experience teacher you can go to? Maybe they can help you out.

I suggest you go to your careers advisor in school. They’ll help you. I also had difficulty to find shadowing in an nhs dentistry environment, but my careers advisor in school helped me massively. I’m now a Dentistry applicant :smile:.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Sumayyah.Akhtar
I suggest you go to your careers advisor in school. They’ll help you. I also had difficulty to find shadowing in an nhs dentistry environment, but my careers advisor in school helped me massively. I’m now a Dentistry applicant :smile:.

thank you :smile: what gcse grades and alevel grades have you got?
I’m in the same situation ffs, emailed about 4 dental clinics and none of them have replied dunno what to do
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous__02
I’m in the same situation ffs, emailed about 4 dental clinics and none of them have replied dunno what to do

Hii I’ve finally found a place. Try local areas , smaller practises x
Hii I’ve finally found a place. Try local areas , smaller practises x

Did you get the place by emailing or going in?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous__02
Did you get the place by emailing or going in?

Email !! Just say on the email why you’d like to have the experience and what you’re studying
thank you :smile: what gcse grades and alevel grades have you got?

A*A*A predicted. (I’m a Dentistry applicant for 2020 entry so I haven’t done my exams yet ofc).
And in terms of gcse, 9999888877

Quick Reply

Latest