The Student Room Group

'The Peaky Bloggers' A GCSEs 2020 GYG journey

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
On a real though, Doctor Who would be a massive problem for me right now had I not watched everything up till Whittaker. Respect her acting, but fix up the writing eh?
Reply 41
A lot of my opinions are subjective though, so if I ever do give DW a chance again it might just change.

Need to finish off Quantitative Chemistry and hopefully I'll do something creative after the paper 1 playlist tonight!

Reply 42
Thanks a lot! Mind if I add you to the tag list? Give the honour of being the β€˜first of many’ maybe? Haha!
Heyyy, I'm reading! :yep: Could I be tagged pleaseee?

Also, how ON EARTH are you so motivated to study on Christmas day (if you celebrate)? :rofl:
Reply 44
Original post by Shining Stars
Heyyy, I'm reading! :yep: Could I be tagged pleaseee?

Also, how ON EARTH are you so motivated to study on Christmas day (if you celebrate)? :rofl:

I don't celebrate Christmas particularly but usually the cousins come over late-evenings and we watch films or game etc.
I'm motivated because I want to be comfortable before the exams, that's the main reason to be honest. I was scrolling through social media during my breaks today only to see I've only got 13 weeks left till GCSEs begin. 10 weeks is the general mark to start but to reiterate- I want to be calm and collected.
I could give up at any point but something's keeping me going, not too sure what it is!

Reply 45
Wednesday 25/12/2019 )Late-Evening)

Well I've watched all of the freesciencelessons videos for paper 1!

I'm going to look over some flashcards for the four required practicals relevant to paper 1, then do this paper:
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/sample-papers-and-mark-schemes/2018/june/AQA-84621H-QP-JUN18.PDF (June 2018 Paper 1)

Year 11s reading have a go and see what you're weak at! It's 1 hour 45 minutes long but I'll give myself an hour. Hopefully I can get a maths paper done from this massive pack I fortunately received from a parting teacher! (Pictures below)
Reply 46
6487321C-15BA-454B-9857-20EE03143BC3.jpg.jpeg
Oops almost forgot the tags!

Tags!

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by TakeALittleWalk
would you say Further Maths as an A level would be beneficial?

Definitely just Maths. Further maths is just an extension of maths so there’s no point taking it without normal maths. Also some unis don’t even except it as an A level!
Reply 48
Original post by Stxdent
Definitely just Maths. Further maths is just an extension of maths so there’s no point taking it without normal maths. Also some unis don’t even except it as an A level!

Right. Think that applies to Imperial too which is great! Want to be tagged?
Reply 49
Just finished my Chemistry Paper. Marked as harshly as possible and got 82/100! Tomorrow morning I'll wake up and write out the mark scheme.

I only wish I could go downstairs and mess about but alas I must do this maths paper! It's an hour and a half long but I'll give myself an hour so as to pressurise myself even further. Random pictures should be up soon :smile:
Reply 50
Wednesday 25/12/2019 (Night)

:clap2:It's been a nice and easy day! :clap2:

(And yes, I did just start using GIFs on TSR today, it's a revelation)
I've managed to:
- Go through topics 1-5 of Chemistry and go through a Paper 1 Past Paper
- Do a random Maths Paper (56/60!)
- Find my cgp science exam practice workbooks; of all things to find while going through chemistry!
- And finally figured out some sort of plan so as to what I'll be doing over the next few months. It's hard to explain but I'm finding it easier to plan things out now seeing as I can handle my workload better.

It won't be as relaxing as today for a while now...

According to many a person, I need to be more diverse in my subjects earlier on or I'll fall behind so:
- Quizlet French Vocab from Module 1 to Module 8; A module a day
- Answer RE Summary questions for each chapter, chapter by day (There are 4 for Christianity, and 4 for Islam)
- Read through the History textbooks to end the day. Do lots of exam practice
- Annotate English Conflict poetry and start writing essays
- Answer summary questions off of Computing Textbook chapter by day

Bear in mind that these are aims impossible to achieve completely over the holiday; that is definitely not my intention. I simply want to get started.

But again it'll put a bit of pressure on me. This is what I'll have to do eventually, so if I plan out eventual tasks it'll be easier to sort them out etc.

Tomorrow will be better in the sense that I'll be doing different stuff instead of simply sciences:
- Freesciencelessons Physics Topics 1-5
- Freesciencelessons Biology Topics 1-5
- French Module 1 Flashcards
- RE Christian beliefs summary Questions
- Systems Architecture Questions

That does look like a huge workload, but I'm only really aiming to get some of it done! Giving myself more to do doesn't stress me out, in fact it means I get the maximum amount done.

Note to self: Remember to use PMT or cgp exam practice workbooks after covering content!

So to wrap up, I need to start planning what to do day by day, now that I basically know how to go about learning about/revising for each subject. I just downloaded a To-Do list app so hopefully it'll be of some use from tomorrow onwards.
Good night, best wishes and happy holidays to all those out there reading!

Tags!

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 51
Oh and don't forget to vote on my poll! Night!
I don't celebrate Christmas particularly but usually the cousins come over late-evenings and we watch films or game etc.
I'm motivated because I want to be comfortable before the exams, that's the main reason to be honest. I was scrolling through social media during my breaks today only to see I've only got 13 weeks left till GCSEs begin. 10 weeks is the general mark to start but to reiterate- I want to be calm and collected.
I could give up at any point but something's keeping me going, not too sure what it is!

Heyyyy
It's a good thing that even though you don't celebrate, you still relax and enjoy yourself. That's an honourable reason to be motivated, and I understand where you come from because even as a Year 10 I also strive to be comfortable in mocks and my *eventual* exams. I hate it when people say this (ugh I shouldn't even say it but I will), but make sure you rest? It's ironic from me but, I have stressed myself before and burnt out completely. Revise, of course, but ensure you just take little breaks here and there - don't push it too much otherwise you'll be worse off (ok this is just too much I hate saying this πŸ˜‚).

Anyway, I admire you for striving so early and hope you keep up the good work.

P.s: You mentioned on your opening post that you do French, is it a subject you struggle with? Sorry, I'm a bit of a language person lol and was just wondering how you find it. πŸ˜„
Reply 53
Heyyyy
It's a good thing that even though you don't celebrate, you still relax and enjoy yourself. That's an honourable reason to be motivated, and I understand where you come from because even as a Year 10 I also strive to be comfortable in mocks and my *eventual* exams. I hate it when people say this (ugh I shouldn't even say it but I will), but make sure you rest? It's ironic from me but, I have stressed myself before and burnt out completely. Revise, of course, but ensure you just take little breaks here and there - don't push it too much otherwise you'll be worse off (ok this is just too much I hate saying this πŸ˜‚).

Anyway, I admire you for striving so early and hope you keep up the good work.

P.s: You mentioned on your opening post that you do French, is it a subject you struggle with? Sorry, I'm a bit of a language person lol and was just wondering how you find it. πŸ˜„

Just about to head off and see this, glad to!

French is odd for me. My teacher thinks I'm a grade 9 student that should take it at A level, but I completely disagree. I've never revised for it nor felt too passionate about it. My mocks seemed to go well though from just general knowledge. (Getting results first week back) It's a bit of a sticky one; I'd say I need to figure how how to revise for it because I highly doubt I'll be doing well at all at GCSE level at this point. I'm edexcel by the way. Any advice? @Shining Stars
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 54
Thursday 26/12/2019

Good morning readers!

How I yearn I to just sleep till lunch...

I've got a lot to do today so I'll do my best to post between tasks. Hope you all manage to do what you want to!
Posting my To-Do list in a sec; a complimentary addition to the blog.
Reply 55
5943EBD9-88F5-4954-A267-F843DC998E1E.jpg.jpeg
Reply 56
Rubbing things out, only for your nice page to crease...

Just about to head off and see this, glad to!

French is odd for me. My teacher thinks I'm a grade 9 student that should take it at A level, but I completely disagree. I've never revised for it nor felt too passionate about it. My mocks seemed to go well though from just general knowledge. (Getting results first week back) It's a bit of a sticky one; I'd say I need to figure how how to revise for it because I highly doubt I'll be doing well at all at GCSE level at this point. I'm edexcel by the way. Any advice? @Shining Stars

:rofl: tbh, in Year 7 I was horrendous at French and I absolutely hated it. Then I changed I guess. :redface:

Could I just ask, did you do the 2019 papers because I sat them last term with the Year 11s. :bebored: Still awaiting results at the same time.

Ummm revision ok, so I do French, Spanish and Russian at GCSE *yay* :dumbells: so I could help, but which aspects do you struggle with most? Is it a specific exam pulling you down, grammar, vocab, or just a lack of motivation?,:confused:
Good luck for today btw!
Reply 58
:rofl: tbh, in Year 7 I was horrendous at French and I absolutely hated it. Then I changed I guess. :redface:

Could I just ask, did you do the 2019 papers because I sat them last term with the Year 11s. :bebored: Still awaiting results at the same time.

Ummm revision ok, so I do French, Spanish and Russian at GCSE *yay* :dumbells: so I could help, but which aspects do you struggle with most? Is it a specific exam pulling you down, grammar, vocab, or just a lack of motivation?,:confused:
Good luck for today btw!

I believe I did the 2019 papers, but for everything but the speaking the whole exam hall was chaotic (Not that I'm complaining...). I found the writing fine; I've written so much French in class at this point, phrases just popped into my head. In terms of grammar I've never revised but generally listened in class. Stuff like subjunctive and imperfect I need to brush up on, and present tense endings for verbs etc. Speaking of verbs I don't know a hell of a lot of them, nor their avoir/etre conjugations. I'm motivated but I need some sort of regime for revision, you might say.
Reply 59
1604289D-EEE4-42A1-AE0F-3CF42B42FEBE.jpg.jpeg

Quick Reply