The Student Room Group

What grade would you give this

‘Cars are noisy, dirty, smelly and downright dangerous. They should be banned from all
town and city centres, allowing people to walk and cycle in peace.’
Write a letter to the Minister for Transport arguing your point of view on this statement.
Dear Minister,
I am writing to inform that our society is ever-changing, and we must implement change to make our community a better and safer place to live in. Our society has gained a profound interest in cars. It is now almost a need than a want to own a car. I hope with your guidance we can implement change in our society.
My view on using cars is that it causes devastation to our community rather any good. The amount of damage that it has caused to the environment with petrol and diesel. Releasing toxic fumes and poisoning ourselves due to the lack of knowledge. Many countries around Asia are suffering from respiratory diseases and heart disease due to pollution. If they would have known before, they would have changed, but know the situation is out of hand. You have probably seen people in China wearing masks and buying fresh oxygen due to the fear of breathing the air that will cause devasting effects do their bodies. We must ban all cars. We must implement change before the situation goes out of hand. The people of our society should be provided with bicycles as a means of transport. As Britain is the most obese country in the world it would encourage people to do more exercise. This would make our country a better place and healthier.
Pollutions is one the reason that cars should be banned, but there is also another reason. People are using cars to murder. Cars are weaponised. Terrorists on many accounts have used cars to kill and demolish people’s lives. Even last week in London 10 people were brutally stampeded with cars. These people’s lives could have been saved if cars did not exist. Imagine the devastation and sadness that the families would have felt when they announced that their loved once are not alive anymore. Did you know that 5 people every day die of a car accident and many more are injured? This shows that Britain cannot be trusted with cars and lives are at stake when using them. This means that cars should be banned and not used anymore.
I hope you take on board what I have told you today. This may not be your usual letter but it’s a concern that’s hidden and people do not realise the harm cars can cause. You will probably be busy with Brexit and you may gain some votes if you implement the change
Yours sincerely, Lolita
Original post by asubramanil16
‘Cars are noisy, dirty, smelly and downright dangerous. They should be banned from all
town and city centres, allowing people to walk and cycle in peace.’
Write a letter to the Minister for Transport arguing your point of view on this statement.
Dear Minister,
I am writing to inform that our society is ever-changing, and we must implement change to make our community a better and safer place to live in. Our society has gained a profound interest in cars. It is now almost a need than a want to own a car. I hope with your guidance we can implement change in our society.
My view on using cars is that it causes devastation to our community rather any good. The amount of damage that it has caused to the environment with petrol and diesel. Releasing toxic fumes and poisoning ourselves due to the lack of knowledge. Many countries around Asia are suffering from respiratory diseases and heart disease due to pollution. If they would have known before, they would have changed, but know the situation is out of hand. You have probably seen people in China wearing masks and buying fresh oxygen due to the fear of breathing the air that will cause devasting effects do their bodies. We must ban all cars. We must implement change before the situation goes out of hand. The people of our society should be provided with bicycles as a means of transport. As Britain is the most obese country in the world it would encourage people to do more exercise. This would make our country a better place and healthier.
Pollutions is one the reason that cars should be banned, but there is also another reason. People are using cars to murder. Cars are weaponised. Terrorists on many accounts have used cars to kill and demolish people’s lives. Even last week in London 10 people were brutally stampeded with cars. These people’s lives could have been saved if cars did not exist. Imagine the devastation and sadness that the families would have felt when they announced that their loved once are not alive anymore. Did you know that 5 people every day die of a car accident and many more are injured? This shows that Britain cannot be trusted with cars and lives are at stake when using them. This means that cars should be banned and not used anymore.
I hope you take on board what I have told you today. This may not be your usual letter but it’s a concern that’s hidden and people do not realise the harm cars can cause. You will probably be busy with Brexit and you may gain some votes if you implement the change
Yours sincerely, Lolita

It completely avoids the statement that you're trying to agree with. You need to speak about how cars ruin places like town centers and not about how cars should be completely removed from existence.
Original post by ICTGuy123
It completely avoids the statement that you're trying to agree with. You need to speak about how cars ruin places like town centers and not about how cars should be completely removed from existence.

Thanks
oops read the question wrong
Eeee you little ming shut up why you saying it’s wrong when it’s blato not I am literally suffering here can you just stop 🛑

Quick Reply

Latest