The Student Room Group

Needed advice for AS Level

Hi. I'm doing A Level Chemistry, Physics and Maths.
I will give AS exams in the upcoming May/June session.
So, needed some advice on the best way to study during these remaining months.
I had my mocks (basically, one of the two mocks that we give. The second one will be in March) this month, in which I didn't perform well. Had a C in Chemistry, B in Physics (about 2 marks from C) and A in Maths.
So the problem basically lies in Chemistry and Physics. What's the best way I can prepare them? Should I rely on book and past papers only, or are notes like Chemrevise more helpful (for Chemistry)?
And any general advice you can give.
Original post by Knightrises10
Hi. I'm doing A Level Chemistry, Physics and Maths.
I will give AS exams in the upcoming May/June session.
So, needed some advice on the best way to study during these remaining months.
I had my mocks (basically, one of the two mocks that we give. The second one will be in March) this month, in which I didn't perform well. Had a C in Chemistry, B in Physics (about 2 marks from C) and A in Maths.
So the problem basically lies in Chemistry and Physics. What's the best way I can prepare them? Should I rely on book and past papers only, or are notes like Chemrevise more helpful (for Chemistry)?
And any general advice you can give.

Doesnt matter whichever method you find teaches you the most with least effort. Do the exam papers and see how you score.

Also try cgp workbooks as they are practice, but not as full on as exam papers.

Practice, mark schemes and examiners reports will all help you plus id weak areas you need to amend.
https://www.alevelchemistryrevision.co.uk/

Quick Reply

Latest