The Student Room Group

Jolyon Maugham is a lefty hypocrite!

Jolyon Maugham opposes fox hunting. Jolyon Maugham tweeted about clubbing a fox to death. Hypocrisy much?
https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/JolyonTheFoxKiller?src=hashtag_click

Scroll to see replies

I don't know about his fox hunting stance so can't really comment on that. However, he does certainly come across as a entitled, stupid narcissist.

Kills a fox and proceeds to brag about it on twitter. Has chickens but seems to have zero awareness of how to tackle situations that might occur due to keeping them. Informs twitter that it would be unfortunate for anything to be made of this incident as he's looking to act against factory farming in 2020.

If the rspca can make something of this I hope they do. The guy's a moron.
yeah, I was surprised when they said he's left wing.😂😂😂
It is one of those complete non-stories that those looking for their daily dose of outrage go for on slow news days.
Reply 4
Original post by LiberOfLondon
Jolyon Maugham opposes fox hunting. Jolyon Maugham tweeted about clubbing a fox to death. Hypocrisy much?
https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/JolyonTheFoxKiller?src=hashtag_click

Jolyon Maugham is a centrist.
Killing a fox trapped on your property is not illegal (in fact, government guidelines recommends it). Fox hunting with dogs is.
Don't see any "lefty hypocrisy" there, just your misunderstanding of the facts.
He's a liberal remainer.
Original post by QE2
Jolyon Maugham is a centrist.
Killing a fox trapped on your property is not illegal (in fact, government guidelines recommends it). Fox hunting with dogs is.

If you are anti fox hunt on animal welfare grounds, clubbing to death a fox which is not an immediate danger to your chickens is hardly in line with your politics is it?
Reply 8
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
If you are anti fox hunt on animal welfare grounds, clubbing to death a fox which is not an immediate danger to your chickens is hardly in line with your politics is it?

In my experience, most people are anti-hunt because they don't think animals should be hunted and killed for entertainment, not because they are against killing foxes entirely.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

If you keep chickens and a fox got in and killed all your chickens you would be forced to kill a fox next time.
Original post by looloo2134
If you keep chickens and a fox got in and killed all your chickens you would be forced to kill a fox next time.

Why not just do better at preventing them getting in? They're not criminal masterminds.
Original post by QE2

Opposing fox hunting on ”AnImAl WeLfArE” grounds and then being more cruel to foxes then any pack of hounds just proves your opposition to hunting is based on class warfare more than anything.

And he can get the **** out of our Party.
Original post by looloo2134

But the fox was stuck in the fencing.
Original post by LiberOfLondon
Opposing fox hunting on ”AnImAl WeLfArE” grounds and then being more cruel to foxes then any pack of hounds just proves your opposition to hunting is based on class warfare more than anything.

Killing a fox to protect your chickens is totally different from killing a fox as part of a blood sport.
Original post by QE2
In my experience, most people are anti-hunt because they don't think animals should be hunted and killed for entertainment, not because they are against killing foxes entirely.

I agree. It just seems inconsistant. Like my first reaction would not be to beat a trapped animal to death with a baseball bat... I'm not sure I could actually do it unless provoked in self defense. I don;t know why a lawyer wouldn't think to maybe call the RSPCA to deal with it in some way. Lawyers are about civil society, he's not some Tory farmer in a shotgun that spikes decapitated grows heads on his barbed wire fence (or maybe he is, land owning seems to turn humans into pychopaths).
The only time killing a fox should be acceptable is if you’re a farmer and your livelihood depends on chickens. Chasing down a fox with twenty people and twenty dogs to rip it apart alive is barbaric and vile
I don't agree, in this situation I would smash the ****ers head in without a moment's hesitation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10251349

Btw, I'm not trying to defend the twat this post is about, just trying to point out that some things usurp principles.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ColinDent
I don't agree, in this situation I would smash the ****ers head in without a moment's hesitation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10251349

In a case like this, absolutely, but realistically how common is this?
Sorry, I edited the post after you replied and was trying to point out that certain principles can be worthless when faced with a real life situation.
It wasn't a dig at you.
Original post by ColinDent
Sorry, I edited the post after you replied and was trying to point out that certain principles can be worthless when faced with a real life situation.
It wasn't a dig at you.

It should be apparent to most people that there’s a difference between defending your family and mindless savagery.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending