The Student Room Group

Ideas for summer after A levels

Title
well I went on holiday with my friends, so, I recommend that
Reply 2
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
well I went on holiday with my friends, so, I recommend that

How were you able to afford this? And how did you organise this? Is this idea not possible if you don’t belong to a friendship group?
I hate being bored so usually in the summer holidays I work 30-45 hours a week doing overtime. When I’m not working I’ll go out with friends or read something
Original post by Deggs_14
How were you able to afford this? And how did you organise this? Is this idea not possible if you don’t belong to a friendship group?

It was a birthday gift from my parents. They paid for me and half for one friend. Other two paid for themselves.

It's possible to go alone but it depends what you want out of a holiday. Relaxation and sight seeing? Yeah. Clubbing and outdoor activities probably not. I mean you can still do those things, but I don't recommend clubbing alone in a foreign country.

Many holiday providers offer package holidays through direct debit, if you have a job, are paid minimum wage at the least and not using your money for things like rent (basically nothing necessary) you can probably afford a direct debit holiday to most countries.

It was around 100 pounds a month for 8 months per person for my holiday.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
How would you guys go about finding a job for the summer? What type of work would you do?
Reply 6
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
It was a birthday gift from my parents. They paid for me and half for one friend. Other two paid for themselves.

It's possible to go alone but it depends what you want out of a holiday. Relaxation and sight seeing? Yeah. Clubbing and outdoor activities probably not. I mean you can still do those things, but I don't recommend clubbing alone in a foreign country.

Many holiday providers offer package holidays through direct debit, if you have a job, are paid minimum wage at the least and not using your money for things like rent (basically nothing necessary) you can probably afford a direct debit holiday to most countries.

It was around 100 pounds a month for 8 months per person for my holiday.

Helpful, thank you :smile:
Original post by Sophhhowa
Title

Retreat. Hustle .Believe

Quick Reply

Latest