The Student Room Group

Diseases of animals

I am a newbie. I hope this is ok. I hope this is the right place. I am interested to learn about biology. My question: Nearly every disease which can attack humans can also attack horses or dogs. Virus or allergic can attack a dog also. Viruses can attack a wasp. So my question in detail is what kind of disease can attack an mammalian or an insect or a snake or a fish or a bird. Or where can I read sth about that? Special allergy bacteria virus, mold and cancer.
Reply 1
I’d assume just googling it?
Thank You for Your help.
For some months I tried to find information
example also with searching machines.

Can You please help me with keywords.

For example
I tried
allergy dog diease
or
virus dog disease

The answers ware and were
how does a dog make allergy reations to humans
or
how does make a dok humans sick with a virus.

Regards and Thank You.
Original post by studyandlearn
I am a newbie. I hope this is ok. I hope this is the right place. I am interested to learn about biology. My question: Nearly every disease which can attack humans can also attack horses or dogs. Virus or allergic can attack a dog also. Viruses can attack a wasp. So my question in detail is what kind of disease can attack an mammalian or an insect or a snake or a fish or a bird. Or where can I read sth about that? Special allergy bacteria virus, mold and cancer.

Actually you are incorrect, diseases that cross the species barrier are in the minority thank goodness. For diseases that can be spread from animals to humans search on zoonoses.
hey
Sorry.
My question is and was

what kind of disease can get
a mouse or a bee or a snake or a fish ....

or where in the www
I can read about it.

Example: Can become a Shetlandiae MANNULUS

same often sick like a

equus Arabico
?

Regards and Thank You for hekp.
Sorry.
My question is and was

what kind of disease can get
a mouse or a bee or a snake or a fish ....

or where in the www
I can read about it.

Example: Can become a Shetlandiae MANNULUS

same often sick like a

equus Arabico
?

Regards and Thank You for hekp.

Arabian Horses and Shetland Ponies can get many shared diseases as whilst they are different species they are so closely related evolutionarily speaking.

There are not many diseases that could affect both mammals, insects and fish (thankfully as that would be disastrous) - but often many parasites require multiple hosts - with insects frequently being vectors
Original post by VMD100
Arabian Horses and Shetland Ponies can get many shared diseases as whilst they are different species they are so closely related evolutionarily speaking.

There are not many diseases that could affect both mammals, insects and fish (thankfully as that would be disastrous) - but often many parasites require multiple hosts - with insects frequently being vectors

Hold on, since when have Arabians and Shetlands been different species? They're different breeds of the same species - Equus ferus caballus - much like pugs and great danes are also (somehow) the same species.
Original post by bristolvet94
Hold on, since when have Arabians and Shetlands been different species? They're different breeds of the same species - Equus ferus caballus - much like pugs and great danes are also (somehow) the same species.

Misspoke meant breed :biggrin: good spot!
Reply 9
Lots... humans had them too in my day. Mange is simply pussy scabies.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by VMD100

I know my question is very difficult. This is the reasom I do join this board. I was told
here are very clever members.
One example more.
Every human can become sick cause of cancer or heart attack or allergy.
This is right, isnt it.
But Indians and Asian people and European people dont become sick (statistics) cause of the same diseases.
So i was told
Caries dentium is often to see in some countries and in other countries there is nearly no Caries dentium.

I expected horses became sick cause of heart problems and feet problems. But now I do know
horses can also become sick cause of allergy.

I hope You can understand more of my question.

But a wasp cannot become sick cause of allergy, is this right?

Thank You all.
I know my question is very difficult. This is the reasom I do join this board. I was told
here are very clever members.
One example more.
Every human can become sick cause of cancer or heart attack or allergy.
This is right, isnt it.
But Indians and Asian people and European people dont become sick (statistics) cause of the same diseases.
So i was told
Caries dentium is often to see in some countries and in other countries there is nearly no Caries dentium.

I expected horses became sick cause of heart problems and feet problems. But now I do know
horses can also become sick cause of allergy.

I hope You can understand more of my question.

But a wasp cannot become sick cause of allergy, is this right?

Thank You all.

There are lots of different factors in why certain populations will get some diseases and others won't. Your example of dental cavities, for example, I suspect has at least some dietary factors - western diets being very high in sugar, and therefore predisposing people in those areas to dental disease.

Allergies are a different disease process. From my understanding, wasps can't develop allergies, nor can any insects. It's to do with differences in the immune system. There are two types of immune system - adaptive and innate. Allergies arise from a specific problem with the adaptive immune system, but not all animal species have an adaptive immune system. However they do all have an innate immune system.

Vertebrates (mammals, fish, etc) have both types, whereas invertebrates have just innate immune systems. This means that invertebrates, including insects, can't have allergies (at least not in the typical sense of the word), because they just don't have the immune cells that cause an allergic response.

If you want more suggestions for reading up on this by yourself along the lines of what I was saying above, you'd probably be wanting to look at immunology. Fair warning though, it's a massive field and gets very complicated!

There are lots of different factors in why certain populations will get some diseases and others won't

This is the reason
Im asking here.
Thank You

I wish You all a sucessful year 2,020.

I ll try to bring a little more structure in the discussion.

4 attacks are possible against humans
allergy cancer Endocarditis rheumatica called autoimmun
virus attack
baktus attack
Sporotrichien//mold.

So there can be attacked
horses
lumbricus
lolligo
aquila
crocodili
alcyoneum
Bull trout

by this 4 problems?

I am sure horses and all mammals can be attacked by these 4 problems.
Is this right?
How about birds and fish?

Thank You
Regards
(edited 3 years ago)
Let's break this question down a bit.
"Disease" is a broad term to refer to any condition that impairs the normal function of the body. It can be broken down into different groups - acquired, congenital (born with it), genetic, latrogenic (side effect of treatment), idiopathic, mental, infectious, non-communicable, lifestyle (just to name a few).
So depending on what type of disease you're looking at, it can affect different types and species of organisms. If you really want to understand disease that can be transmitted between humans and animals, look into zoonosis. Even if the same pathogen is infected in different species, they may cause symptoms or be asymptomatic in others. For example, the SARS virus can be happily carried by bats without causing any disease in them due to their much higher body temperature. However, when it infects humans it causes a huge immune response (cytokine storm) which ends up killing the host. If you want to understand non-transmittable diseases between human and animals but want to understand the differences in disease presentation, I think diseases such as cancer, mental health or auto-immune disorders will be interesting to look at.
I haven't seen it mentioned yet but there are also prions (misfolded proteins) and mental health.
Also "attack" isn't the best use of word in this context when you're talking about something so broad. Yes, you can use it to describe infectious disease or auto-immune disorders but if its something like depression the cause may be a chemical imbalance, so it is not really an "attack".
I'm not all too familiar with disease that occur just in animals as I'm not a vet student (yet). I studied a lot on infectious disease and zoonosis, with a human-health perspective.
Thank You for Your help.

"So depending on what type of disease you're looking at, it can affect different types and species of organisms. If you really want to understand disease that can be transmitted between humans and animals,"

I m sorry.

This is not the question.
The question is for example

what kind of disease can make a dog sick
and
the querstion is not
what kind of disease caught by a dog dog can infect a cat or an human.

Sorry for my bad asking.

Question Part I
can I pulpo become sick cause of:
Acquired, congenital (born with it), genetic, latrogenic (side effect of treatment), idiopathic, mental, infectious, non-communicable or lifestyle.
Thank You for Your help.

"So depending on what type of disease you're looking at, it can affect different types and species of organisms. If you really want to understand disease that can be transmitted between humans and animals,"

I m sorry.

This is not the question.
The question is for example

what kind of disease can make a dog sick
and
the querstion is not
what kind of disease caught by a dog dog can infect a cat or an human.

Sorry for my bad asking.

Question Part I
can I pulpo become sick cause of:
Acquired, congenital (born with it), genetic, latrogenic (side effect of treatment), idiopathic, mental, infectious, non-communicable or lifestyle.

Viral, bacterial, protozoal, ectoparasitic, helminths, fungal, idiopathic, congenital, iatrogenic, mental and pathological implications of diet/exercise/living conditions. The list goes on likely tenfold this once you get into specifics

Your second question does not make sense in English
"diet/exercise/living conditions"
Part I
This is the thing I want to think about:
Conditions.

Also in the relationship of Covid 19.
Are there studies about animals
living with humans
and animals whichlive outside?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending