The Student Room Group

PWC Flying Start 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GuessMyName
been invited to assessment days at Nottingham and Reading. Anyone else going to them?

no, still have to do the career conversation. How was that like and was it challenging? thanks
Reply 21
Original post by Annafield
no, still have to do the career conversation. How was that like and was it challenging? thanks

not challenging tbh, basic questions about why you want to do it and a few case studies. Just learn PWC values briefly and you should be fine.
Original post by user01.
not challenging tbh, basic questions about why you want to do it and a few case studies. Just learn PWC values briefly and you should be fine.

okay, thank you so much!
Reply 23
Original post by filletofish
Anyone applying?

Newcastle an Reading
hey,
I have applied to Reading and have got an Assessment day on the 29th. Anyone else?
Reply 25
hi
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Jasrajsingh135
hey,
I have applied to Reading and have got an Assessment day on the 29th. Anyone else?

Well done on getting to the Assessment day stage! I’m about to do the online career conversation. How’d it go? Is it worth spending a lot of time preparing?
Original post by WillOstler
Well done on getting to the Assessment day stage! I’m about to do the online career conversation. How’d it go? Is it worth spending a lot of time preparing?

I think everything is quite easy and straight forward. For your video interview, just do some research about pwc and do some practice beforehand which it allows you to do.
I think everything is quite easy and straight forward. For your video interview, just do some research about pwc and do some practice beforehand which it allows you to do.

Okay thank you so much!
What do you think the success rate will be for passing the assessment centre and getting a job offer?
Original post by mathsalevels
What do you think the success rate will be for passing the assessment centre and getting a job offer?

No clue, but when is your assessment day and where?
No clue, but when is your assessment day and where?

It’s in London, I have to choose out of 3 days. Wbu?
reading on the 29th
If was honestly a lot easier than I was expecting. You're asked questions about PwC and your chosen university as well as the programme and given questions where you have to respond to a given scenario. Just research PwC and it'll be fine

Hi does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after completing the career conversation?
Thanks
reading on the 29th

Heya, just saw this and I'm going to the same one too!! Have you prepped for it?
Hi, once you completed the career conversation, how long did it take for them to say if you’re through to the assessment day?
Anyone else passed the assessment day? Got an email from the course director at Nottingham saying I just have to wait for UCAS to update and that I’ll be getting an offer soon
Anyone else passed the assessment day? Got an email from the course director at Nottingham saying I just have to wait for UCAS to update and that I’ll be getting an offer soon

How many people were at the assessment day, and how many in your group?
Do you know what percentage of people will get an offer? :smile:
Original post by mathsalevels
How many people were at the assessment day, and how many in your group?
Do you know what percentage of people will get an offer? :smile:

Maybe 25ish at the assessment day, split into groups of 3-4. Getting in at that stage isn’t so much based on percentages either, they have a bar for quality you have to meet and if everyone at the assessment day was to meet it everyone could get an offer so don’t worry about competing with your group just focus on doing your best. Good Luck!
Maybe 25ish at the assessment day, split into groups of 3-4. Getting in at that stage isn’t so much based on percentages either, they have a bar for quality you have to meet and if everyone at the assessment day was to meet it everyone could get an offer so don’t worry about competing with your group just focus on doing your best. Good Luck!

Did they call you to give you an offer or just on UCAS track?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending