The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

keep rejecting the players and maybe approach a nerd
given that your using the term 'alpha' and 'beta' i suspect the OP is a catfish troll trying to wind people up. no girls i know use those terms or even know what they mean.
Original post by Anonymous
They're the type I don't like at all. Like I see the physical appeal of them but couldn't be in a long term relationship with this type of guy because they always tend to be players and if not they're controlling/ aggressive. What I don't get is why I attract these guys. One thing that I've been thinking is I'm extremely feminine. 90 % of me is girly I'd say. Could it be these types of guys are attracted to really feminine girls? And how do I tone down how feminine I am...I feel like it's hard for me because the energy I give out is feminine I've been told before. I seriously hate dating and I'd rather date a nerd type but they're never into me.

Before the nerds get too excited
When girls say they like nerds:
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/96/a4/de/96a4deb2a7c3c8b26c247c2f91c75843--men-with-style-nerd-style.jpg
Original post by eng2017
given that your using the term 'alpha' and 'beta' i suspect the OP is a catfish troll trying to wind people up. no girls i know use those terms or even know what they mean.

I swear to god I'm not a troll man....I genuinely know what alpha beta omega **** means. But okay just think im trolling I'll just take advice from people who don't think I am lol
People confuse the use of ‘alpha’ and ‘beta’ imo or rather don’t get what they represent.
Those terms are not used by myself, i’d substitute them for dominant and submissive.

So yeah, avoid the alpha **ck boy, ankles out, Geordie shore, fake tan vibe ones as they will be more likely to shag you and leave and treat you like you’re nothing.

However, lots of girls want a dominant man (depending upon their sexual preferences) and this I believe is somewhat subconscious and leads to a natural draw towards men that have characteristics of an ‘alpha’ male. Cringeworthy to use that term, i’d use the term dominant as I said.

I like women to be submissive and that will have an effect on the characteristics I look for in a female. For example, I like her to be significantly smaller than me.
Original post by Unistudent77
People confuse the use of ‘alpha’ and ‘beta’ imo or rather don’t get what they represent.
Those terms are not used by myself, i’d substitute them for dominant and submissive.

So yeah, avoid the alpha **ck boy, ankles out, Geordie shore, fake tan vibe ones as they will be more likely to shag you and leave and treat you like you’re nothing.

However, lots of girls want a dominant man (depending upon their sexual preferences) and this I believe is somewhat subconscious and leads to a natural draw towards men that have characteristics of an ‘alpha’ male. Cringeworthy to use that term, i’d use the term dominant as I said.

I like women to be submissive and that will have an effect on the characteristics I look for in a female. For example, I like her to be significantly smaller than me.

Hah. A small woman should never be underestimated. One of my closest friends is tiny, like 5 ft 0’ and her boyfriend is well over 6 ft, yet she is most definitely the boss.

Your post also sounds a little naive, because you seem to think that dominance in the bedroom reflects every day life. Not at all. Many women like a dominant man in the bedroom but not out of the bedroom. And vice versa.

Your little “subconscious” shpeel is pseudo-psychology plucked straight from your head and has no basis in science.
(edited 6 years ago)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5xKGgglnO78

Matthew Hussey. He has a good point. He argues that women can do things to make themselves approachable by some guys. The only guys who will approach are alphas and players.
Original post by Waldorf67
Hah. A small woman should never be underestimated. One of my closest friends is tiny, like 5 ft 0’ and her boyfriend is well over 6 ft, yet she is most definitely the boss.

Your post also sounds a little naive, because you seem to think that dominance in the bedroom reflects every day life. Not at all. Many women like a dominant man in the bedroom but not out of the bedroom. And vice versa.

Your little “subconscious” shpeel is pseudo-psychology plucked straight from your head and has no basis in science.

That’s fair, I’m not saying who calls the shots is determined by size.

I’m merely attempting to explain the terms ‘alpha’ and ‘beta’ Ie ‘why do girls go for “bad boy” types?’.

Confidence and security is what those men can provide. The quieter types will typically lack the confidence to engineer a way of getting a girl to view them as a potential partner.

You’re correct in saying I cannot point to peer reviewed studies which show that to be the case but I do think there is some degree of correlation. Nothing approaching causation though
i always go for these types and its so bad because theres always so much drama and headache
Correct.

Kind of yes. Some are so self-obsessed, vain and insecure.

That said, the people who just slate the Geordie shore types and are debilitatingly shy, don’t workout/keep fit and have a victim complex are no better
I see where you're coming from but i usually just wear natural makeup but do dress like a girl wear skirts and dresses etc. And I have dark hair 😂 So no platinum blonde me. It's mainly my my personality and energy I give out that screams 'girl'. But I feel like I should start wearing more hoodies.

Man...:frown: I'm not sure though maybe i just come across rude guys.

I did used to get attracted to those types but because I've been badly treated by them in relationships I just try to stay away. But they won't go cos that's what i seem to attract. I'd much rather be with someone that's not arrogant and full of themselves. And what I hate is when I say no to these guys they think I'm being shy and try again and again. Lol

so I think I'm getting the picture now, you mean men that come up to you in the street or in clubs or bars? ok I know these type of men too, and they def don't take no for an asnwer. I think they actually want you to say no at first so they can chase and hunt, that's my theory anyway. But the thing is nerdy, decent, un-arrogant, men don't approach women on the street or in clubs (they don't go to clubs). they don't know you and they wouldn't know what to do or say to a stranger as they aren't a ladies man in love with themselves. the way nerdy guys meet girls is generally through mutual friends, through work and through activities and interests. I bet you'd meet a lot of nerds if you went to a historical re-inactment event or if a friend of yours invites you to a get together with uni friends some of whom who studied science or IT...
Original post by petalsunrise
so I think I'm getting the picture now, you mean men that come up to you in the street or in clubs or bars? ok I know these type of men too, and they def don't take no for an asnwer. I think they actually want you to say no at first so they can chase and hunt, that's my theory anyway. But the thing is nerdy, decent, un-arrogant, men don't approach women on the street or in clubs (they don't go to clubs). they don't know you and they wouldn't know what to do or say to a stranger as they aren't a ladies man in love with themselves. the way nerdy guys meet girls is generally through mutual friends, through work and through activities and interests. I bet you'd meet a lot of nerds if you went to a historical re-inactment event or if a friend of yours invites you to a get together with uni friends some of whom who studied science or IT...

No these guys come over to me in the library, canteen etc. So it's not like I'm in the wrong setting and you'd think going to the library I'd meet a nerd but noooo. Also I don't go to clubs/bars so I wouldn't know what the guys are like there.
Original post by Black Cat
OP what you need is the guy on the middle spectrum of beta/alpha yet confident, but not overbearingly so.

gamma male
Original post by Proxenus
gamma male

Sigma male
I know i am 2yead late in this thread, But what your height OP ?
I do wonder why lmao?
They're the type I don't like at all. Like I see the physical appeal of them but couldn't be in a long term relationship with this type of guy because they always tend to be players and if not they're controlling/ aggressive. What I don't get is why I attract these guys. One thing that I've been thinking is I'm extremely feminine. 90 % of me is girly I'd say. Could it be these types of guys are attracted to really feminine girls? And how do I tone down how feminine I am...I feel like it's hard for me because the energy I give out is feminine I've been told before. I seriously hate dating and I'd rather date a nerd type but they're never into me.

Maybe you’re not paying attention to guys who don’t fall into the category of what you describe as “Alpha male”

Latest

Trending

Trending