The Student Room Group

Need help

I have 16 jobs todo tomorrow( jobs include coursework, revision ans other things) before i go out at 1pm do u think ill be able to get them all done? What time should i get up and start the jobs tomorrow?
Original post by Cay12235
I have 16 jobs todo tomorrow( jobs include coursework, revision ans other things) before i go out at 1pm do u think ill be able to get them all done? What time should i get up and start the jobs tomorrow?

We have no idea how long these jobs will take you, so we can't say if we think you'll get them all done.

If the tasks are quite lengthy, then go to bed early tonight and wake up early enough to get as many done as you can.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
We have no idea how long these jobs will take you, so we can't say if we think you'll get them all done.

If the tasks are quite lengthy, then go to bed early tonight and wake up early enough to get as many done as you can.

What time do u suggest waking up and starting work then?

Like I said, I have no idea. I don't know what your tasks are or how long you will take to complete them. You need to estimate how long each task will take and then decide when you should wake up to ensure you get everything done.
Reply 4

We can't really help with that if we don't know what the jobs are and how long they will take. If they are things like clip your nails, brush your teeth, write a card for your nan's birthday and other quick things then yeah you'll probably be able to do them all. But if there are jobs like washing a car, cleaning the house etc then probably not.
How much course work do you need to do and how long will it take? How much revision? How much energy and focus do you have?

I guess my best advice would be to try to work out how long each thing will take and which are most important to get done first/ if any are more important than going out.
As far as when to get up goes probably the earliest you can manage without being too tired. Maybe like 7 cos I guess you probably usually wake up for school or something around that time anyway. But I have no idea if you'll be able to do all your jobs in that time or if it will be a big deal of you can't.
Reply 5
Never mind then

Wake up whenever you want. I prefer to wake up at 5am when I’m doing a study day but each to their own.
Reply 7
Original post by Hazelly
Wake up whenever you want. I prefer to wake up at 5am when I’m doing a study day but each to their own.

What timw do u work till on study days? And how long after u get up do u start work?
What timw do u work till on study days? And how long after u get up do u start work?

I usually work till around 4pm, but its not head down studying for the whole time - give yourself plenty of breaks.

I will make myself a cup of mint tea and get straight onto working when i wake, nobody’s online at that time so no distractions. Its a win win situation :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Hazelly
I usually work till around 4pm, but its not head down studying for the whole time - give yourself plenty of breaks.

I will make myself a cup of mint tea and get straight onto working when i wake, nobody’s online at that time so no distractions. Its a win win situation :smile:

Ive just woke up so. I'll start at 9am and ill try and work till 6pm. Hoq long should a break be and how many should i have?
Ive just woke up so. I'll start at 9am and ill try and work till 6pm. Hoq long should a break be and how many should i have?

It really does depend, I prefer to study for about an hour and then break for 15 minutes. Although, breaks do change and I’ll give myself an hour for lunch.

I thought you had to leave at 6PM?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Hazelly
It really does depend, I prefer to study for about an hour and then break for 15 minutes. Although, breaks do change and I’ll give myself an hour for lunch.

I thought you had to leave at 6PM?

It was yesterday where i had to go out at 1pm, today i am fine to work till 6pm or later.

So should i take an hour for lunch and ecery hour or hour and a half take a 15 min break.
It was yesterday where i had to go out at 1pm, today i am fine to work till 6pm or later.

So should i take an hour for lunch and ecery hour or hour and a half take a 15 min break.

I can’t really dictate when you should break, if you’re getting distracted then break. Some people follow a technique called pomordoro, it might be worth having a look at that.

Try to not overwork yourself.
Reply 13
Original post by Hazelly
I can’t really dictate when you should break, if you’re getting distracted then break. Some people follow a technique called pomordoro, it might be worth having a look at that.

Ok i won't over work myself
Reply 14
Original post by Hazelly

Thanks your advice has been the best?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending