The Student Room Group

Should I flunk my Y13 Mocks in January in favour of my real I.T Exams in January?

So I have my y13 mocks in January and to be honest, they have ****ing ruined Christmas for me, they are all I can think about. I also have my real I.T. Exams in January during the same time as my mocks. These exams are important because they are of course as I said, real. These are the real grades that will go on my CV and the grade that I will send off to my uni application.

There is not enough ****ing time. So heres what I am going to do. I am not studying for my mocks. They are mocks. They mean nothing unlike y12 mocks. If I fail and get a D or an E, sure my teachers will be dissapointed in me and mad at me but surely they must understand that my real life exams are more important than these mocks.

I am just revising for those exams which are important. What do you guys think. Should I purposefully fail my mocks in favour of putting all of my energy into my real IT exams
Reply 1
Heyy, you should focus mainly on your real one but then try fitting in some revision for your mocks cus it will help you later on when it gets to real exams cus at least you can see if youve done well on the topics if you did manage to cover. Maybe do 9am-5pm (with breaks of course) revison for your IT exam and then fit some revision for your mocks. Tbh if youve not done any revision at all for the mocks then you can just focus on ur real thing cus you dont wanna fail and then have to retake it in May. Goodluckkk
Original post by abz4321
Heyy, you should focus mainly on your real one but then try fitting in some revision for your mocks cus it will help you later on when it gets to real exams cus at least you can see if youve done well on the topics if you did manage to cover. Maybe do 9am-5pm (with breaks of course) revison for your IT exam and then fit some revision for your mocks. Tbh if youve not done any revision at all for the mocks then you can just focus on ur real thing cus you dont wanna fail and then have to retake it in May. Goodluckkk

I cant retake it in may. I am in y13. I already failed in May last year in y12 and the ones in January are my retakes. If I fail I am ****ed
The only purpose of mock exams is to see if your revision is good. Failing them when you haven't done revision means nothing, so I think you shoukd just revise for the IT exams tbh because if you fail that the consequences will be much worse.
Reply 4
Original post by KennyOctopus
I cant retake it in may. I am in y13. I already failed in May last year in y12 and the ones in January are my retakes. If I fail I am ****ed

then it's obvious to just focus on your real ones and once theyre over you can go over the content you shouldve been going over for your mocks
Original post by KennyOctopus
So I have my y13 mocks in January and to be honest, they have ****ing ruined Christmas for me, they are all I can think about. I also have my real I.T. Exams in January during the same time as my mocks. These exams are important because they are of course as I said, real. These are the real grades that will go on my CV and the grade that I will send off to my uni application.

There is not enough ****ing time. So heres what I am going to do. I am not studying for my mocks. They are mocks. They mean nothing unlike y12 mocks. If I fail and get a D or an E, sure my teachers will be dissapointed in me and mad at me but surely they must understand that my real life exams are more important than these mocks.

I am just revising for those exams which are important. What do you guys think. Should I purposefully fail my mocks in favour of putting all of my energy into my real IT exams

I can relate. My mocks begin on Tuesday, I’ve done very little revision, and I have a real health & social exam this month as well. So I’m absolutely sh*tting myself. If I were you, I would definitely focus on IT. While your mocks are important, they are no where near as important as passing a real exam. I don’t know if this helps but I want you to know that you’re definitely not alone, I and hundreds of other students are currently in the same boat as you. If you can, try and squeeze in some revision on key topics for mocks or do some practice questions. If you can’t manage this, don’t worry. You’ll probably have another round of mocks in March/April. And just remember that exams rarely go as badly as you think they will. Good luck :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending