The Student Room Group

Uniq 2020

Helloooo, just trying to find some people , like me , who are considering / have applied to uniq this year :smile: if you are - what are you applying for and what grades and polar/acorn are you applying with ( just out of curiosity for what the average applicant is like )

I’m applying for ppe as my first and History (order and freedom) as my second. Their both quite competitive but hopefully my application goes well - and yours too if you’re applying!

Scroll to see replies

Hiiiii :smile:, I’m applying this year for law and history:race and resistance (2nd option). My grades are 8888888766 and Q2 and Acorn 4 - Hbu? I totally understand the competitive and I get nervous looking at the amount of places there is for each. I hope your application goes well and you get in but the wait will be longggggggg good luck :smile:
Reply 2
hey hey hey I'm applying for English Lit- GCSEs are 9888888888B, I'm Q1 and Acorn 4, what about you? I'm kind of nervous, I really really want to go though, which I know isn't productive or anything but I'm just a very highly strung person
iii
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by PetitePanda
Hiiiii :smile:, I’m applying this year for law and history:race and resistance (2nd option). My grades are 8888888766 and Q2 and Acorn 4 - Hbu? I totally understand the competitive and I get nervous looking at the amount of places there is for each. I hope your application goes well and you get in but the wait will be longggggggg good luck :smile:

Thank you so much ! I hope yours goes well tooo, I am also feeling quite nervous haha which isn’t helped by the amount of waiting time still to endure. My grades are 9999888866 btw and I am q2 and Acorn 4
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by zazzy.r
hey hey hey I'm applying for English Lit- GCSEs are 9888888888B, I'm Q1 and Acorn 4, what about you? I'm kind of nervous, I really really want to go though, which I know isn't productive or anything but I'm just a very highly strung person

ahh those are some amazing grades ! I’m applying with 9999888866 with Q2 and acorn 4 , and yeh im also feeling v nervous . I applied basically as soon as it opened meaning the waiting period has been/ is going to feel so longggg, anyway best of luck with your application !
Original post by faendaltheblaza
Thank you so much ! I hope yours goes well tooo, I am also feeling quite nervous haha which isn’t helped by the amount of waiting time still to endure. My grades are 9999888866 btw and I am q2 and Acorn 4

I can totally understand how you feel like; the time they reply for us so far away. Omg we have the same quintile and acorn but thanks I hope we both do :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by faendaltheblaza
ahh those are some amazing grades ! I’m applying with 9999888866 with Q2 and acorn 4 , and yeh im also feeling v nervous . I applied basically as soon as it opened meaning the waiting period has been/ is going to feel so longggg, anyway best of luck with your application !

wow your gradess are brilliant damn well done! ahhh I can imagine, mine's felt long too but I only applied before Christmas (I submitted it on the 20th ?? of December) but still Feb feels like an eternity away yuckkkkkkk good luck!!
Reply 8
Hey guys, I applied with E&M as my first choice and Geography as my second. I’m a bit down since my chances of getting in are really really slim since I’m Q5 and Acorn 1, but since I live in Scotland and they’ve been looking for Scottish applicants I thought it was worth a try anyway. Good luck with all of your applications !!
Original post by Grace JK
Hey guys, I applied with E&M as my first choice and Geography as my second. I’m a bit down since my chances of getting in are really really slim since I’m Q5 and Acorn 1, but since I live in Scotland and they’ve been looking for Scottish applicants I thought it was worth a try anyway. Good luck with all of your applications !!

Eh how do you know they look down on Scottish applicants. You have a good chance actually because you’re the ideal quintile and Acorn. I’m glad you chose to apply tho :smile:
Eh how do you know they look down on Scottish applicants. You have a good chance actually because you’re the ideal quintile and Acorn. I’m glad you chose to apply tho :smile:

I remember seeing last year that Scotland was one of their target areas, so they don’t look down on Scottish people, they’re actually looking to increase their numbers! A scottish boy who I met on an open day also said there’s not many down there. And also I actually have the least ideal quintile and acorn, since they’re prioritising people from the lower quintiles and higher Acorn areas :// Regardless of the uniq outcome I’m still definitely going to try and attend the September open day again. Fingers crossed for our UCAS lol
Original post by Grace JK
I remember seeing last year that Scotland was one of their target areas, so they don’t look down on Scottish people, they’re actually looking to increase their numbers! A scottish boy who I met on an open day also said there’s not many down there. And also I actually have the least ideal quintile and acorn, since they’re prioritising people from the lower quintiles and higher Acorn areas :// Regardless of the uniq outcome I’m still definitely going to try and attend the September open day again. Fingers crossed for our UCAS lol

Oh I thought it was the other way around but I’m glad Scottish people are their target people. You never know but good luck. Maybe look at Sutton trust summer schools? I hope your open day goes well. Good luck for ucas next year :smile:
Hey, I’m applying for Economics.Living in a Q2 and Acorn 5 area.🤞🏼 that we get in!
My daughter got a place for PPE last summer with grades nowhere near as good as some of yours. It was such a great opportunity. They received "A Short Introduction To..." books for each of the 3 subjects, lovely accommodation in Hertford, activities each evening and lots of advice on applying. Good luck everyone.
Original post by Pastypowered
My daughter got a place for PPE last summer with grades nowhere near as good as some of yours. It was such a great opportunity. They received "A Short Introduction To..." books for each of the 3 subjects, lovely accommodation in Hertford, activities each evening and lots of advice on applying. Good luck everyone.

Omg that's so nice of them. It sounds like such a good opportunity; thank you for giving an insight in your daughter's experience. If you don't mind, would it be okay if i could ask you some questions about the experience from what you heard from your daughter?
Hi, I am applying this year for medicine. My grades are 9999999888A and Q5 and Acorn 5. I’m actually worried about whether I’ll get in because I live in a rather affluent area (Kingston) but in a poorer part and I’m not sure how that will affect my chances. I also do have a health condition that meant I was quite unwell during GCSEs, but I’m not sure how much weight that will be given either. Fingers crossed.
Original post by Emman.78
Hi, I am applying this year for medicine. My grades are 9999999888A and Q5 and Acorn 5. I’m actually worried about whether I’ll get in because I live in a rather affluent area (Kingston) but in a poorer part and I’m not sure how that will affect my chances. I also do have a health condition that meant I was quite unwell during GCSEs, but I’m not sure how much weight that will be given either. Fingers crossed.

It’s especially strange because there’s such a contrast between my polar and acorn
It’s especially strange because there’s such a contrast between my polar and acorn

I think polar is for progression rates in higher education while acorn is for financial, economic or social deprivation.

Damn those grades are so amazing, especially when you were unwell. You never know but hopefully you get in so good luckkkkk :smile:
im apply for medicine and I applied with 99999999999 gcses with q1 and acorn 4. My second option was oncology.
Damn those grades are so amazing, especially when you were unwell. You never know but hopefully you get in so good luckkkkk :smile:

Thank you so much. Best of luck to you also :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest