The Student Room Group

What to study for AS History Origins of world war 1?

Hi. I've sort of finished the whole syllabus for origins of world war 1. I'm self studying and I got all my information from the internet. But apparently, in almost every single paper, the information I got online isnt sufficient for my papers. I tried answering a question and turns out the marking scheme and examiner report mention events that I didnt even come upon while studying the topics. Certain key points required for study in the syllabus dont properly come up on the internet either. So, at least specifically for world war 1, is there a way I can find out which topics I should be touching on? For example, I found out about the Moroccan crisis from the examiner report, so what other events do I need to study? I cant find a good timeline for events happening between 1900-1914 so I figured Id ask for help here.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by hamzakhusro
Hi. I've sort of finished the whole syllabus for origins of world war 1. I'm self studying and I got all my information from the internet. But apparently, in almost every single paper, the information I got online isnt sufficient for my papers. I tried answering a question and turns out the marking scheme and examiner report mention events that I didnt even come upon while studying the topics. Certain key points required for study in the syllabus dont properly come up on the internet either. So, at least specifically for world war 1, is there a way I can find out which topics I should be touching on? For example, I found out about the Moroccan crisis from the examiner report, so what other events do I need to study? I cant find a good timeline for events happening between 1900-1914 so I figured Id ask for help here.

I can't find a good one online either. Just using the internet isn't a recipe for success, tbh, you could do with a decent book. Don't you have any?

Edit: Do the photos I've attached help?

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found
(edited 4 years ago)
I o

Original post by ageshallnot
I can't find a good one online either. Just using the internet isn't a recipe for success, tbh, you could do with a decent book. Don't you have any?

Edit: Do the photos I've attached help?

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

I opened this a day later and the attachments dont work. Would appreciate it if you sent them again. And no, I dont have books, but I might just have to get them now
I o

I opened this a day later and the attachments dont work. Would appreciate it if you sent them again. And no, I dont have books, but I might just have to get them now

I'll try again...

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ageshallnot
I'll try again...

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

not working again.. welp