Llanitatw
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi everyone, I have recently applied for Primary Education with QTS and have received offers from my 2 favourite unis in Chester and Birmingham. I am very torn between them and the only worrying factor that I have against Chester is the student life. Could anyone justify the nightlife in Chester at all? I am edging towards it but I am also looking for a good student life additionally. Thanks
Zarwaj
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Llanitatw)
Hi everyone, I have recently applied for Primary Education with QTS and have received offers from my 2 favourite unis in Chester and Birmingham. I am very torn between them and the only worrying factor that I have against Chester is the student life. Could anyone justify the nightlife in Chester at all? I am edging towards it but I am also looking for a good student life additionally. Thanks
Hi! Hope you are doing well 😊 I can totally understand. I was torn between these two options and I’m so glad that I chose Chester.
As it’s a small town, you will get a close knit group in just few weeks. Chester is very homely and have a mixture of everything.
We have a couple of night clubs here i.e. Rosies,Off the wall, Cruise etc and a good number of pubs. It’s not extremely happening like a metropolitan city but I guess that’s a good point right? Along with studies, you can totally have a good night life here. A mixture of both 🌸

Moreover, Manchester and Liverpool are 50mins and 40mins away respectively. You can totally travel around with your friends and taste the fun in other cities.

Let me know if you want more details.Happy to help!
Maryduru
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey! I'm Maryann and I hope you are keeping well 😊.I can totally relate to your dilemma on night Life in Chester. The city is a small and quiet one and it is indeed easy to assume that it has no significant social night life. However, these are mere speculations as there are lots to explore in Chester!Asides from the wide variety of pubs in Chester (all student-budget friendly 😊), night clubs like Rosies, Cruise etc. are also fully present and active in the city. The effective Student Union at the university also ensures that activities are organised on a weekly basis to suit all student needs. The most intriguing part of it all is that in spite of all this, Chester remains one of the safest cities to live in the UK.The difference between Chester and other Metropolitan cities like Manchester and Liverpool is that people are not overwhelmed by the noise and buzz of night parties and clubs. This therefore creates a balance between the academic and social life of students. Moreover, such places like Manchester and Liverpool are both less than an hour away from Chester!I really hope this helps. Feel free to let me know if you have any more questions 😊.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
Hi, my personal preference would be Chester due to all the bars and clubs being walking distance which means you can save money on taxis! The other benefit is the student housing being really close to the centre meaning it’s easy to walk home with your friends. The city always feels really safe and welcoming even at night which is perfect when coming to a new city! There are multiple different vibrant cocktail bars and cosy pubs, so whether you fancy a casual drink or a night out on the town, Chester can accommodate this with popular clubs including Rosies and cocktail bars such as The Alchemist. I hope this helps you in making your decision .

All the best,
Sam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (222)
60.82%
No (77)
21.1%
Not sure (66)
18.08%

Watched Threads