The Student Room Group

AQA spoken language

I don't know how to begin my speech and I don't know whether if I should do it about BTS or plastic. I was wondering if anyone has any good tips or advice on what I should do.
Honestly it doesn't matter. if your stuck talk about yourself, it can flow a lot easier as you already have everything in your head, talk about the basic things , interests, family (or lack of) ect
But thing is I don't think I'll be able to even talk in front of the whole class
Original post by ABCyoung
But thing is I don't think I'll be able to even talk in front of the whole class

Just stand up and get on with it, ignore your fast beating heart just stand up and talk, it doesn't matter if your visibly nervous it doesn't matter if you waffle on about stuff it doesn't matter. Everyone else is in the same position, And don't worry about being embarrassed not only will people understand but they can relate. Talk to your teacher , perhaps ask if you could sit down during it, I'm sure your teacher will have some suggestions
Original post by Owenstampy
Just stand up and get on with it, ignore your fast beating heart just stand up and talk, it doesn't matter if your visibly nervous it doesn't matter if you waffle on about stuff it doesn't matter. Everyone else is in the same position, And don't worry about being embarrassed not only will people understand but they can relate. Talk to your teacher , perhaps ask if you could sit down during it, I'm sure your teacher will have some suggestions

what did you do your speech on?
what did you do your speech on?

Quantum Mechanics, I only talked briefly about it I spent most time talking about how and why it interests me, I was visibly confident to other people apparently, but I was secretly bricking it. I focused on a stop on the wall at the back of the room and acted like I was talking to it, but after I was talking awhile i wasn't paying attention to where I was looking and was just talking
Quantum Mechanics, I only talked briefly about it I spent most time talking about how and why it interests me, I was visibly confident to other people apparently, but I was secretly bricking it. I focused on a stop on the wall at the back of the room and acted like I was talking to it, but after I was talking awhile i wasn't paying attention to where I was looking and was just talking

Can you help with the beginning then? I think I can do the rest on my own.
Can you help with the beginning then? I think I can do the rest on my own.

Hello everyone, my name is ______ and today I'm going to talk about _____. I find _______ fascinating because .....
Hello everyone, my name is ______ and today I'm going to talk about _____. I find _______ fascinating because .....

Do you have to introduce your name?
Do you have to introduce your name?

I would it's a breaks the ice
I would it's a breaks the ice

Did you use a PowerPoint?
Did you use a PowerPoint?

Yes, it gives you something to look at if you feel ackward looking at the front
Yes, it gives you something to look at if you feel ackward looking at the front

I think I'm probably going to do it on plastic and I would be fine with a pass. Thank you for your help
Lol, i just remembered about this thread :smile: how did it go?
Lol, i just remembered about this thread :smile: how did it go?

I've written the speech but presenting in February.

Quick Reply

Latest