The Student Room Group

Which car should i get as a first time driver(just passed my test in an automatic)

I am really stuck. I need help which car should i get. I am limited to an automatic since i passed in an automatic. I am looking to buy second hand cars and my budget is £3000

I am looking for what i posted down below(renault clio 2013 automatic) however, it does not seem to have air conditioning listed. I am also looking for bluetooth and a reverse camera which it seems not to have. Any ideas appreciated.

https://www.rac.co.uk/cars/car-55394069?i=8&m=sp

Features

ABS

Alarm

Alloy wheels

Bluetooth connection

Climate control

Cruise control

Electric door mirrors

Folding rear seats

Front electric windows

Front fog lights

Heated door mirrors

Height adjustable drivers seat

Immobiliser

Isofix child seat anchor points

Navigation system

PAS

Passenger airbag

Radio/CD

Rear electric windows

Remote central locking

Reverse parking aid

Service indicator

Side airbags

Trip computer

USB/iPod interface

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bro, get a mustang, I'm getting one soon.
I would choose a mustang over a lambo.
Hi,

I would say that it depends on what features that you want from the car and if you would rather have systems in the car or a separate one eg separate sat nav or one incorporated, would you give me an idea of your areas i could send you some cars if you give me a list of features you want since I'm not busy today.
Original post by Blackstarr
I am really stuck. I need help which car should i get. I am limited to an automatic since i passed in an automatic. I am looking to buy second hand cars and my budget is £3000

I am looking for what i posted down below(renault clio 2013 automatic) however, it does not seem to have air conditioning listed. I am also looking for bluetooth and a reverse camera which it seems not to have. Any ideas appreciated.

Features

ABS

Alarm

Alloy wheels

Bluetooth connection

Climate control

Cruise control

Electric door mirrors

Folding rear seats

Front electric windows

Front fog lights

Heated door mirrors

Immobiliser

Navigation system

PAS

Passenger airbag

Radio/CD

Rear electric windows

Remote central locking

Reverse parking aid

Service indicator

Side airbags

Trip computer

USB/iPod interface

All irrelevant. You are a new driver. Insurance is going to be horrendous. Bluetooth. Why . Just get something you can afford. A citroen c1
Reply 4

Features

ABS

Alarm

Alloy wheels

Bluetooth connection

Climate control

Cruise control

Electric door mirrors

Folding rear seats

Front electric windows

Front fog lights

Heated door mirrors

Immobiliser

Navigation system

PAS

Passenger airbag

Radio/CD

Rear electric windows

Remote central locking

Reverse parking aid

Service indicator

Side airbags

Trip computer

USB/iPod interface

It does have air con aka climate control. It also lists bluetooth.

I think you need someone who knows about cars to take you out to test drive them and check them over.
Original post by 999QR

you won't get half those features on a auto car for around 3k. You could have got a manual with this stuff included, but the auto premiums mean you'll just have to compromise.
Original post by AH-64 APACHE
you won't get half those features on a auto car for around 3k. You could have got a manual with this stuff included, but the auto premiums mean you'll just have to compromise.

meant to qoute OP not you but my point still stands.
Jag XF
Reply 8
Original post by AH-64 APACHE
meant to qoute OP not you but my point still stands.

for me the features don't matter a mustang is a mustang
sorry for not being helpful
why do u need rear view camera?
interior is so ugly like fiat 500's. better of using autotrader and choosing a less gadgety car
Original post by 999QR
for me the features don't matter a mustang is a mustang
sorry for not being helpful

no I didn't mean you, they'll never buy a mustang. I meant this to the thread's creator
@AH-64 APACHE @TheYearNiner @999QR @Blackstarr

you need to watch this before any decision is made :wink:

Original post by User.na.me
Hi,

I would say that it depends on what features that you want from the car and if you would rather have systems in the car or a separate one eg separate sat nav or one incorporated, would you give me an idea of your areas i could send you some cars if you give me a list of features you want since I'm not busy today.

Well, I posted above what I look for. If you could help that would be appreciated. My budget is £3000 max so anything like that or below in pricing
Original post by squeakysquirrel
All irrelevant. You are a new driver. Insurance is going to be horrendous. Bluetooth. Why . Just get something you can afford. A citroen c1

Do they have a citroen C1 in an automatic? all the car reviews I see on youtube are mainly for manual cars
Original post by nutz99
It does have air con aka climate control. It also lists bluetooth.

I think you need someone who knows about cars to take you out to test drive them and check them over.

I am afraid I don't have anyone. No one in my family can help me as I am the first one to drive. No one knows about cars etc cuz they don't drive or own one
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by 999QR

whats a mustang....never heard of it?
@Audrey18

I will watch it now, but its easier said than done....I just feel overwhelmed right now.....I have watched tons of reviews/ advice but its too much information that is making my head go nuts.

I honestly don't know you know....
Original post by TheYearNiner
why do u need rear view camera?

Si can see where I am going when I park or reverse in a bay
Reply 18
whats a mustang....never heard of it?

actually, or are you joking?
if not it's an American Muscle Car. with a V8 engine and almost 500 horsepower.
I am asuming that stands for a jaguar XF?
Original post by 999QR
actually, or are you joking?
if not it's an American Muscle Car. with a V8 engine and almost 500 horsepower.

Yh, didnt know until i looked it up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending