The Student Room Group

IGCSE Mathematics Paper 1 and 2 7th + 15th January 2020 [Exam Discussion]

Hi
Is anyone here doing the MATHS IGCSE JAN 2020 exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 999QR
Hi

I'm not. I've already done it. But I can help you if you'd like.
Reply 2
do you have any revision notes or examples on the new arithmetic series questions.
I've already done about 60 past papers for math.
my only weakness are the arithmetic series and simplifying quadratic expressions.

any help would be appreciated.
Original post by 999QR
do you have any revision notes or examples on the new arithmetic series questions.
I've already done about 60 past papers for math.
my only weakness are the arithmetic series and simplifying quadratic expressions.

any help would be appreciated.

I didn't make any notes for maths. However I used the CGP revision guide for maths. I could send you a picture of the page for arithmetic series if you'd like. For questions, I only have arithmetic sequence questions, not series. However the page in CGP also has arithmetic series questions I think.
Reply 4
I already have the cgp books.
but thanks anyway,🙂
Reply 5
Original post by 999QR
Hi

Hey! I'm also taking my maths gcse this january (5 days until the first paper :s-smilie:)
What board are you doing?
Reply 6
Original post by kathyh12
Hey! I'm also taking my maths gcse this january (5 days until the first paper :s-smilie:)
What board are you doing?

Edexcel, but I'm doing the IGCSE's, there's not much of a big difference right?

also how many past papers have you done?
just wanna see if I did too much or too less.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
hey im also doing it next week :frown: im so scared for it
Reply 8
Original post by maya xo

why are scared for it??
it's easy.
Reply 9
Original post by 999QR
why are scared for it??
it's easy.

idk haha im not really that scared but more stressed out.
What subjects are you doing?
Original post by 999QR
Edexcel, but I'm doing the IGCSE's, there's not much of a big difference right?

also how many past papers have you done?
just wanna see if I did too much or too less.

I'm doing Edexcel IGCSEs too, first paper on Tuesday, then on Wednesday 15th
I've done maybe four papers, not in any sort of timed conditions
I also went down a checklist of topics and did 2/3 of the harder questions on each one before starting any papers
Hope this helps! How many have you done?
Updated the title of this so that its the main exam discussion for the IGCSE Maths exams :smile:
Original post by maya xo

You shouldn't be trust me it's way easier than the regular GCSE (I did the regular one) people who do the IGCSE and IA-levels should be grateful
Yeah here I am for igcse Jan 2020!!
Reply 14
Original post by 999QR
Hi

Hi, I'm not doing the Jan exam but am doing the summer one and took the lower paper last year. When I was revising I found it helpful to just keep doing past papers until you are sick of them as they really get you into the format of the exam.
Original post by maya xo

So am I. I'm thinking if I can really get all 8s and 9s or not... Currently I'm not doing well in the mocks and I have only 3 days left😢
Original post by Cg04
Hi, I'm not doing the Jan exam but am doing the summer one and took the lower paper last year. When I was revising I found it helpful to just keep doing past papers until you are sick of them as they really get you into the format of the exam.
Yeah right and I have been doing the same... Bunches of past papers helped me a lot🙂
Original post by Evil Homer
Updated the title of this so that its the main exam discussion for the IGCSE Maths exams :smile:

Thanks it really helped🙂
Original post by Fatima az zahra
So am I. I'm thinking if I can really get all 8s and 9s or not... Currently I'm not doing well in the mocks and I have only 3 days left😢

same :frown: what country u from?
Reply 19
Original post by Cg04

I'm sick of them past papers I've done about 55 just for maths.
LOL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending