The Student Room Group

2019 Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing tests and posting rules

Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing’s tests (used by the University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, other Medical schools and other Maths courses) are taken internationally.

As a result, some candidates in one country may have already completed a test that hasn't yet started elsewhere.

The tests are as follow:

AHAA (Arts-Humanities Admissions Assessment)
BMAT (BioMedical Admissions Test) August and October sessions
CAT (Classics Admissions Test)
CTMUA (Cambridge Test of Mathematics for University Admission)
ECAA (Economics Admissions Assessment)
ELAT (English Literature Admissions Test)
ENGAA (Engineering Admissions Assessment)
GAA (Geography Admissions Assessment)
GAT (Geography Admissions Test)
HAT (History Aptitude Test)
LAA (Linguistics Admissions Assessment)
MAT (Mathematics Admissions Test)
MLAT (Modern Languages Admissions Test)
NSAA (Natural Sciences Admissions Assessment)
OLAT (Oriental Languages Aptitude Test)
PAT (Physics Aptitude Test)
PBSAA (Psychological and Behavioural Sciences Admissions Assessment)
TSA (Thinking Skills Assessment)
TMUA (Test of Mathematics for University Admission)
University of Oxford Philosophy Test

Test-takers should not post test questions or discuss answers, or post the test paper(s). These restrictions will extend to discussions about exams' tested content, specific questions or question numbers and provisional test answers or mark schemes.

This, however, does not mean all discussion about these exams will be restricted: it's okay to talk about having just sat the test, or whether or not you found it difficult. What is not okay is giving away any information that might cause one student to have an unfair advantage over another with prior knowledge of any questions.

For example:

"I found it hard" and "I found question 2 hard" are fine.
"I found question 2 about <insert subject> hard", and any discussion of a topic beyond that, are not fine.

These restrictions will be in place from 10:00 BST on Saturday 31 August until 23:59 BST on Sunday 1 September for the BMAT August test session, and then 09:00 GMT on Wednesday 30 October until 23:59 GMT on Thursday 31 October for the large October test session.

In the interests of yourselves and your fellow students, and in the interest of maintaining the fairness of the test, please avoid discussion as outlined above during this timeframe. Don’t disadvantage yourself!

PLEASE NOTE: this rule applies to any form of discussion, including, but not limited to, PMs (Private Messages).

If you see anyone breaking these rules, please report them by using the report button.

Good luck to everyone sitting these exams! :heart:

The Student Room Community Staff on behalf of Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing
(edited 4 years ago)
If you have any questions - please post them here :h:
Oooh best of luck everyone! My fingers are crossed for you all! :hugs:
Reply 3
Which test is taken for HSPS and where do we find the dates
If an international student is applying for Philosophy at Cambridge university there’s no pre-interview assessment. But there is a test for Philosophy that takes place at the time of the interview (Skype, in this case).
I’m still unclear how that would be possible/work out via Skype. Or does that mean international students can’t opt for this course?
Any information regarding this would be appreciated. 😊
Reply 5
Guys, just had CTMUA today, when is the papers and the markscheme released?
Reply 6
Original post by 9.81
Guys, just had CTMUA today, when is the papers and the markscheme released?

Also, assuming if I have a decent predicted (41 for Girton) and a nice PS, what would be the score /40 for the CTMUA that I need to obtain for an interview?
Reply 7
If u want to study maths at Cambridge u have to do the TMUA?
Original post by Jjjj112
If u want to study maths at Cambridge u have to do the TMUA?

step isn't it?
Reply 9
That’s post-interview tho?
Original post by Jjjj112
That’s post-interview tho?

I think you only need to do step

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending