The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am kind of religious but not a lot but my parents keep idols and what not all over the house lmao,, If I went out with someone like that i probably just wouldn't tell my parents :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Gauri_P
I am kind of religious but not a lot but my parents keep idols and what not all over the house lmao,, If I went out with someone like that i probably just wouldn't tell my parents :smile:

What would you do if they found out though? And you really love that person?
Mar modest clothes
(edited 4 years ago)
I dated a British-born Pakistani man in 2018. He was very religious and we essentially had to keep things secret. I imagine it would be the same had his parents had a daughter.
Reply 5
Original post by dmamansh89
I’ve dated 3 Muslim boys in the past.
One of them was Iraqi, the other was Yemeni and the current one is from Pakistan.
However, with this one I’m deffo serious. So I can’t imagine going out with a non Muslim. I’m not very religious, I don’t pray fast wear modest clothes etc. Inshalah I hope to change my ways but I mean if I went out with a non Muslim the small seed of faith within me won’t ever grown, I’d probably lose that too. My family are pretty cultural, they’ve tried forcing me into religion and cultural stuff but I just ignored it lol

This girl I'm dating is Pakistani and she's not very religious either, I'm worried because I'm not Pakistani nor Muslim but I really love her and I know she loves me but she has to hide us and keep us in secret and I feel really bad about that
Reply 6
Original post by sinfonietta
I dated a British-born Pakistani man in 2018. He was very religious and we essentially had to keep things secret. I imagine it would be the same had his parents had a daughter.

Did his parents find out? What happened?
Original post by Anonymous
Did his parents find out? What happened?

No, they didn't find out. There's no interesting story really. Things just kind of fizzled out.
Reply 8
Original post by sinfonietta
No, they didn't find out. There's no interesting story really. Things just kind of fizzled out.

Ah okay, thank you
Reply 9
Original post by dmamansh89
Mar modest clothes

Ik my gf has to do that
What would you do if they found out though? And you really love that person?

well if they found out... my parents are strict af and tbh I don't know what I would do in that situation, it depends on my parents reaction but idk I feel like it would be VERY awkward between me and my family from there on.. if I really loved the person I think they would understand
Original post by Gauri_P
well if they found out... my parents are strict af and tbh I don't know what I would do in that situation, it depends on my parents reaction but idk I feel like it would be VERY awkward between me and my family from there on.. if I really loved the person I think they would understand

what if they took ur phone and made you lose contact with that person u rly love, what would you do?
to the british-pakistani girls here

are you religious? if so how strong?
and your family?
what would happen if you date a non-pakistani/non-muslim?
would your family be okay with it?

why do you want to know?
what if they took ur phone and made you lose contact with that person u rly love, what would you do?

very specific lmao, has this happened or are you making like hypothetical scenarios?.. if that was to happen a) not the most supportive parents:s-smilie: and b) I mean if it's 'meant to be', you'll figure something out like contacting through a friend or getting like a really cheap phone with your own money so that you guys can secretly talk.
I wouldn’t bother if I were you. It’s fair enough her keeping your relationship secret from her parents who are probably controlling and won’t accept you. But when she starts lying to her friends and other members of her family because she’s afraid of being judged and/or someone telling her parents, then you know you’re in trouble. Better to just keep your distance and, if Pakistani girls are still your thing, find another one who isn’t just non-religious herself, but has liberal parents too. Pakistani girls like the one you mention have no independence and live under the rule of their parents. Your relationship is going nowhere forward if you can’t first talk about it with her father, lol.
to the british-pakistani girls here

are you religious? if so how strong?
and your family?
what would happen if you date a non-pakistani/non-muslim?
would your family be okay with it?

I suppose I can’t exactly say how religious me or my family are like everyone’s different if you get what I mean. Like no one is a perfect Muslim so people tend to obey certain teaching. Not sure if this is making sense lol. Like you might be a hijabi but not pray. Or you might be a non hijabi and pray.

My family is really understanding in terms of the fact that I don’t have to date a Pakistani, it’s just as long as he’s a Muslim. And hopefully there doesn’t come a time where I fall for a Non-Muslim, because my family would never agree and i wouldn’t want to hurt them
Not Pakistani however I’m Turkish and my father and his parents are very strict, we are Muslims.
Mum is not strict neither is dad we are moderate.

If I was to date a non Muslim my dad would freak out and may stop me from being his child (no exaggeration) he doesn’t want to look bad in the family and in the village. He wants me just to marry a Turkish man, on the other hand my mum doesn’t mind she’s open to everyone and so am I.
okay I’m sorry if this is late and I am also HIGHKEY scared to post this bc nobody knows about this except me and the boy even though its anonymous.

I’m British Pakistani. I’m personally quite religious and so is my family. I want to marry a Muslim and my family would not be okay with marrying a non Muslim because it’s forbidden in Islam.

When I was 8 I became best friends with a white religious catholic boy from school but I never told my parents bc I was a kid and thought it was weird. although as I got older i realised it was fine to be friends with boys and my parents didn’t mind, it was kind of too late to tell them about him... difficult to explain.

We just hung out in secret - when I was 15 I realised I was in love with him, he told me he’d liked me for years but never said anything. Our faiths are both important to us so we knew there was no real possibility of a future and we didn’t want to get attached to each other and then have to break up and get hurt. we agreed to stay friends, but about a year later after much restraint, we kissed. We said it wouldnthappen again but it did ... a lot. We agreed then that we would stop at the end of summer and that would be the end and we wouldn’t see each other anymore (he was going to uni). The point is that he knew how important my family and my faith was to me. It made him sad that he was the reason behind my guilt ... he loved me enough to let me go.

I think you need to talk to her and seriously ask where this is going. In my situation I always knew it was going to end at some point so it wasn’t upsetting. Also it depends on her bc she might not feel guilty at all and could be completely willing to go against her family and faith - which is great for you lol.
the world needs more non-religious pakistani girls 🤝
Original post by Toscana
the world needs more non-religious pakistani girls 🤝

It’s not really a matter of being Pakistani. I’m happy with dating someone non pk it’s more about the religion thing. We would be happy with people of any background/nationality as long as they’re Muslim.

Latest

Trending

Trending