The Student Room Group

Do you ever actually feel your age?

Or do you feel younger or older even? Just curious.

I'm 25 in a few days and it's just dawned on me that I don't feel like I am at all? I'm still winging life like I was when I was 17, I still laugh at really immature things.

Not sure if any of this even makes sense, but do we ever mentally mature completely?

Scroll to see replies

I've felt like a 14 year old for about 14 years. Don't think I'll ever feel my age.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Tbh I don't really know what it means to 'feel your age'

Sometimes I say I 'feel old', but it is a contextual thing that relates to comparative ages between me and (usually) another person

So in sum, no. Because I don't know what such a feeling is.
Tough to say. Sometimes I feel older than I am because I don’t know any modern culture and references. But sometimes I feel younger because I look 15 and sound 12, and am the height and weight of a 12 year old as well.
People I know from school are getting engaged, married, pregnant, had a baby etc.
I feel so old. and i am just 14
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
I've always felt I was born in the wrong generation. Like come on look at my name, look at my avatar, I am nothing like the people around me.
I feel like I'm about 90 and I'm 26.
I feel a lot younger than my age to be honest, I think this is partially a BPD thing as I always need people older than me to fixate on and look up to. That isn't to say I'm immature but I do view the world through an almost childlike naive lense at times, getting hung up and obsessed with people who may take advantage is one risk of that. Fortunately am quite self aware so that helps but still.
I’m 18 but sometimes I act like 12 and sometimes I act like I’m 50. No in-between
Original post by MidgetFever
Or do you feel younger or older even? Just curious.

I'm 25 in a few days and it's just dawned on me that I don't feel like I am at all? I'm still winging life like I was when I was 17, I still laugh at really immature things.

Not sure if any of this even makes sense, but do we ever mentally mature completely?

Hi MF. Happy birthday in advance, I hope you have a good day. X
Original post by Karisa96
Hi MF. Happy birthday in advance, I hope you have a good day. X

I'm 23, and still feel like a teenager, I still do everything I did back then, nothing much has changed. X
I feel 18. I’m 19. But I look 26.
Original post by IH8Studying
I feel 18. I’m 19. But I look 26.

I'm sure you dont!!!!
I'm sure you dont!!!!

I do lol...
I do lol...

In that case IH8, I must look 40!!!!
In that case IH8, I must look 40!!!!

I must look 60...

I think my acne makes me look older tbh but I’m not bothered to fix it
I must look 60...

I think my acne makes me look older tbh but I’m not bothered to fix it

That's good, stay as you are, I certainly am.
That's good, stay as you are, I certainly am.

Call me Chanel btw that was my old username. Ih8 makes me sound like an alien lool
I don't know what feeling my age is. It basically just means living up to the stereotypes of your age, which is pretty vacuous.

I would say that I'm pretty immature (or rather simplistic/underdeveloped) in my world view and thought process. I struggle to take some things seriously and obsess over things which really are not serious.

Quick Reply

Latest