The Student Room Group

China's continuing cultural genocide: destruction of Uighur cemeteries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
China seems to be getting a trend going on this front..
Many people want this to happen to the British Muslim population

Just read dailymail, breitbart articles to see
Reply 3
Original post by Nalk1573

Yes, there is rampant anti-Muslim bigotry from the populist right and their power is increasing. This needs to be curbed before it's too late.
Reply 4

That sounds awful. Do you have a source for that?
Reply 5
Isn’t this in eastern China on the border of Tajikistan? Perhaps China has a migration problem with the central Asian Muslim people’s, but I don’t agree with desecrating their sacred temples and cultural sites.
Disgusting what’s happening to them; locked in concentration camps, beaten and tortured. Vile and I don’t understand why the wider Muslim world isn’t saying or doing more?
Original post by Jebedee
That sounds awful. Do you have a source for that?

just listen to an average conversation in a coffee shop or bus stop.

most of it is people complaining about muslims
Loads of Muslims are trying their best to spread awareness in regards to what’s occurring on a variety of social media platforms
The Muslim world is heavily divided, and even united would not have any effective power to counter that.

Of course, we can complain, but the Chinese aren't likely to give a toss.
I'd rather expect their leaders to be secretly having works on a disease that is going to kill billions. They'll get rid of Africa, Middle East, India the US. Even Europe might be on their list. To eliminate all potential threats and, by the way, get rid of pollution and excessive CO2 emission, by killing most of emitters.
With their system of state-enforced discipline, they could just vaccine all of their people, then release some GMO virus, and exterminate everyone else without firing a single gunshot.
just listen to an average conversation in a coffee shop or bus stop.

most of it is people complaining about muslims

So is it breitbart articles or coffee shops? I'm confused.

If it's the former, I don't see why you couldn't provide a relevant example.

What a drastic False equivalence. At worse you have English people saying leave the country and go back to their countries of origin, the Chinese government is harvesting the organs of people who are native to eastern china not because china has rape gangs across there nation but because they see any religion as a threat to their power. You are so drastically partisan its pathetic.
Reply 12
Original post by josh75
What a drastic False equivalence. At worse you have English people saying leave the country and go back to their countries of origin, the Chinese government is harvesting the organs of people who are native to eastern china not because china has rape gangs across there nation but because they see any religion as a threat to their power. You are so drastically partisan its pathetic.

The anti-Muslim and "nativist" rhetoric from the populist right is fundamentally the same as that of Chinese supremacists. Both want to essentially wipe out a culture (that is very much part of the fabric of these societies), whether by expelling them or "re-educating" them. The difference is that Europe is run by liberal democracies to safeguard against such tyrannical ambitions. Otherwise human nature is the same whether in Europe or China (or anywhere else) and history has proven how xenophobia and supremacy easily leads to dehumanisation which easily leads to such atrocities.
Reply 13
Original post by Ascend
The difference is that Europe is run by liberal democracies to safeguard against such tyrannical ambitions.

With a massive emphasis on Liberal.
Original post by PTMalewski
The Muslim world is heavily divided, and even united would not have any effective power to counter that.

Of course, we can complain, but the Chinese aren't likely to give a toss.
I'd rather expect their leaders to be secretly having works on a disease that is going to kill billions. They'll get rid of Africa, Middle East, India the US. Even Europe might be on their list. To eliminate all potential threats and, by the way, get rid of pollution and excessive CO2 emission, by killing most of emitters.
With their system of state-enforced discipline, they could just vaccine all of their people, then release some GMO virus, and exterminate everyone else without firing a single gunshot.

Even if they did want to do this, I think you vastly underestimate the difficulty of vaccinating over a billion people quickly and without being noticed.
Original post by Ascend
The anti-Muslim and "nativist" rhetoric from the populist right is fundamentally the same as that of Chinese supremacists. Both want to essentially wipe out a culture (that is very much part of the fabric of these societies), whether by expelling them or "re-educating" them. The difference is that Europe is run by liberal democracies to safeguard against such tyrannical ambitions. Otherwise human nature is the same whether in Europe or China (or anywhere else) and history has proven how xenophobia and supremacy easily leads to dehumanisation which easily leads to such atrocities.

Its not at all you dont know anything about the PRC do you?Did you know what they are doing isn't specific to the Uighurs? Did you know they do similar things to the Mongolians aswell? If you knew abything about China you would know this is about the communist governments need for controll and conformity not.

Show me a prominent far right populist that has argued we need to enter Muslims in the UK and re educate them. You are so obviously taking out of your ass.
Reply 16
Original post by josh75
Its not at all you dont know anything about the PRC do you?Did you know what they are doing isn't specific to the Uighurs? Did you know they do similar things to the Mongolians aswell? If you knew abything about China you would know this is about the communist governments need for controll and conformity not.

Show me a prominent far right populist that has argued we need to enter Muslims in the UK and re educate them. You are so obviously taking out of your ass.

Please read again:

Both want to essentially wipe out a culture (that is very much part of the fabric of these societies), whether by expelling them or "re-educating" them.

This applies to any ethnic/religious groups not tolerated by supremacists and to any supremacists who advocate for any 'solution' barring one which accepts the group's presence as part of their societies.
I’m guessing you don’t have Twitter
f

I think she wants you guys to #stormchina2020 they can't stop all of you
Original post by Ascend
Please read again:

Both want to essentially wipe out a culture (that is very much part of the fabric of these societies), whether by expelling them or "re-educating" them.

This applies to any ethnic/religious groups not tolerated by supremacists and to any supremacists who advocate for any 'solution' barring one which accepts the group's presence as part of their societies.

competently different still, at most "hard right populist" want a foreign culture out of the UK. No one argues muslim Pakistani culture cant exist, but people just dont like it in the UK. The Chinese are actively wiping out native cultures of people that have no cultural conflicts with the native population.

and again Show me a prominent far right populist that has argued we need to enter Muslims in the UK and re educate them.

Quick Reply

Latest