The Student Room Group

Reserve List - Border Force Officer - July 2019 Candidates

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dajackel12
That's great, thank you for the reply. I just need to take my laptop with my when travelling then just incase it comes through while I'm away.

I was worried I would need to post my passport etc to them or have it verified at the post office which could have been an issue if it was on holiday haha.

Thanks again! Appreciate the help!

Copies of you id will be taken at interview, enjoy your travels!
Original post by dizzyday71
Copies of you id will be taken at interview, enjoy your travels!

BTY, I applied in November 18, and been offered a position almost 14 months later, hang on in there! It's a long process, but if you are up for the job, hang there hunny! It is what you have been waiting for! Xx
Reply 42
Hello everyone, just asking if anybody has any info on any movement in the north east area ? Applied Aug 19 and still waiting for interview, I know it’s a long process but everywhere else seems to be moving along but no news on Newcastle area, are we forgotten or what ?.
Reply 43
Original post by Routy5
Hello everyone, just asking if anybody has any info on any movement in the north east area ? Applied Aug 19 and still waiting for interview, I know it’s a long process but everywhere else seems to be moving along but no news on Newcastle area, are we forgotten or what ?.

Which job did you apply for?
I had an interview and made the reserve list for the apprenticeship role at teesport in November from the August 19 campaign. I’ve heard nothing since then
I also applied for the officer role and I haven’t heard anything apart from I’m on a reserve list for interview.
Reply 44
Officers job, I’m on the reserve list for interview at Newcastle but heard nothing since Sep 25, don’t know if any placements are upcoming as everything seems to be from Manchester downwards.
Reply 45
Original post by Routy5
Officers job, I’m on the reserve list for interview at Newcastle but heard nothing since Sep 25, don’t know if any placements are upcoming as everything seems to be from Manchester downwards.

Yeah my application for officer hasn’t moved. Not sure what’s going on to be fair. I can’t work out their ways of doing things cos everything is always so random! We might find out more after brexit
Reply 46
Hope so fingers crossed eh!!
Hey guys I've contacted the Home Office recruitment as I'm on the reserve list and they said they cant give any estimation of when they will be confirming roles. Its soo frustrating and an embarrassment to the civil service that they are this slow at recruiting people. They must lose half the people on the reserve list who will take other jobs in the mean time. At least give us some estimated time of when the jobs will be out??? In private sector after being successful in interview they offer you the job and you start within a month. Can you guys keep me updated if you hear anything back I'm sure the more of us that contact them for an update then they will be forced to give an estimated date.
Got am email today to say the interviews which were pulled in October are being rearranged now for end of Jan - BFO, Belfast. Since then Ive been interviewed and passed the interview for the Higher Officer post and am on the list, number 2. They dont know what is going on although Ive been told they want 4 HOs. My dilemma is do I go ahead with the BFO interview or pull our in the hope I hear from the HO post after Brexit day?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by niall1980
Got am email today to say the interviews which were pulled in October are being rearranged now for end of Jan - BFO, Belfast. Since then Ive been interviewed and passed the interview for the Higher Officer post and am on the list, number 2. They dont know what is going on although Ive been told they want 4 HOs. My dilemma is do I go ahead with the BFO interview or pull our in the hope I hear from the HO post after Brexit day?

Hey Niall I would suggest from experience dont put all your eggs in one basket. Go for the BFO interview aswell so atleast you have options available to you. Well done on getting the HO by the way thats amazing!!!
Original post by slondon2019
Hey Niall I would suggest from experience dont put all your eggs in one basket. Go for the BFO interview aswell so atleast you have options available to you. Well done on getting the HO by the way thats amazing!!!

Cheers. BFO interview is on Friday so will be prepping it this week
Original post by Routy5

Hello I applied for Newcastle nov 2018 and have just been invited to interview this week. Interview is booked for feb 7th have you heard many thing yet ?
Hey guys! I applied May 19 for BFAO and after months of being on the reserve list, I finally received a provisional offer three weeks ago. I completed the forms for SC and passed. I received an email a few days ago saying that someone will get in contact to confirm my start date or to let me know what will happen next.
Has anyone been through this yet? Or is anyone in the same position as I am? I would like to know how long it will take for them to get back to me. It's incredibly frustrating having to wait so long for things to move forward. Especially as they seem to keep moving my location and have no clue what is going on or where I'll be.
Original post by GAURAV SHARMA
Certainly a best present for Christmas 👍 What was your overall result and Which port is it for ?
I had Good Demonstration wondering if only the Outstanding Demonstration ones have got the call!

I emailed Hr about that and how they do the reserve list. I was told they don’t actually do it by scoring anymore. They do it by the amount of time on the reserve list. Who knows though
Passed the interview, now on (another) reserve list. The waiting game begins

Yeah, I passed my interview in November 19. I’m still on the reserve list so you are in for a very very long wait bro
Original post by MOJ12345
I emailed Hr about that and how they do the reserve list. I was told they don’t actually do it by scoring anymore. They do it by the amount of time on the reserve list. Who knows though

Is this true? Must reserves lists are on how high you score. But **** if it’s on time on well for me it is haha just went on last week
Original post by MOJ12345
Yeah, I passed my interview in November 19. I’m still on the reserve list so you are in for a very very long wait bro

tell me about it. Ive been on the reserve list for the Higher Officer post since December. I dont mind tho, itll come when it comes
Original post by Fairbairn1983
Is this true? Must reserves lists are on how high you score. But **** if it’s on time on well for me it is haha just went on last week

The higher officer one I am on is ranked by interview score

Hi Niall I'm in the same boat as you, I am now on a waiting list. I wonder have others been offered positions or is this reserve list until they figure out how many people they need?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending