The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

MSc Physiotherapy at Keele (Jan 2020)

Got accepted onto the MSc Physiotherapy at Keele University for the January 2020 intake. Anyone else here doing the same?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Got accepted onto the MSc Physiotherapy at Keele University for the January 2020 intake. Anyone else here doing the same?

Hi! Congratulations on getting accepted to Keele! I am a Physics with Astrophysics second year at Keele. So, unfortunately I am not doing the same course, but if there is anything you would like to know about the university or the Newcastle-under-Lyme, Stoke-on-Trent area, please don't hesitate to ask! :smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Hi there! I will also be on the course this Jan 2020. How are you feeling after going through the work packages we got sent?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Chrispy21
Hi there! I will also be on the course this Jan 2020. How are you feeling after going through the work packages we got sent?

Hi!

Haven't been through it properly but It's a lot to go through.

Have you seen the draft timetable for the first week? I can't seem to find it.
Hi!

It says on the pre-arrival booklet that it should be on the KLE, but I don’t seem to be able to find it either. Only our start time/place for the 1st day.

I’ll have another proper look later today and send them an e-mail if no luck.

Yeah there’s a lot to go through for the work packages. I come from a biomedical science background so my anatomy knowledge is lacking, so I’m trying to stuff as much of that into my brain as possible.
Reply 5

Hi!

It says on the pre-arrival booklet that it should be on the KLE, but I don’t seem to be able to find it either. Only our start time/place for the 1st day.

I’ll have another proper look later today and send them an e-mail if no luck.

Yeah there’s a lot to go through for the work packages. I come from a biomedical science background so my anatomy knowledge is lacking, so I’m trying to stuff as much of that into my brain as possible.

Yeah that's the problem I'm having. Can't find it anywhere.

What were you studying before? I come from sport science so my anatomy is fairly decent however, I'll still need to freshen it up.
Hi!

Yeah that's the problem I'm having. Can't find it anywhere.

What were you studying before? I come from sport science so my anatomy is fairly decent however, I'll still need to freshen it up.

I studied biomedical science, so I’m okay with the cardio respiratory work packages...but the anatomy ones, quite a lot of new stuff for me. Time to try and catch up to your sport science people! Haha
Reply 7
With physiotherapy I've heard study groups help out more so probably in the future we'll be doing that with the rest of the class.

Are you living on campus?
Reply 8
I studied biomedical science, so I’m okay with the cardio respiratory work packages...but the anatomy ones, quite a lot of new stuff for me. Time to try and catch up to your sport science people! Haha

With physiotherapy I've heard study groups help out more so probably in the future we'll be doing that with the rest of the class. Are you living on campus?
With physiotherapy I've heard study groups help out more so probably in the future we'll be doing that with the rest of the class. Are you living on campus?

Yeah the study groups will be useful I’m sure. I’ll be commuting (about 50-60 mins away depending on traffic), but may move somewhere nearby at a later point. Are you living on campus?

Yeah the study groups will be useful I’m sure. I’ll be commuting (about 50-60 mins away depending on traffic), but may move somewhere nearby at a later point. Are you living on campus?

Not on campus but in accommodation less than a 15 min bus ride away. Moving from London.

Not on campus but in accommodation less than a 15 min bus ride away. Moving from London.

Ah okay, yeah bit too far of a commute for you... Nice to speak to someone else on the course anyway, and see you in 3 weeks!
Hello! Would you like me to contact the school for you and find out when the draft timetable will be released?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador1
Hello! Would you like me to contact the school for you and find out when the draft timetable will be released?

I think it's already released but no one can access it. Not sure.

Don't worry! I will email the school now to find out what's going on with it. :smile:

The Physio team got back me to with this- all of the Allied Health Professions work with a system called CELCAT, not the KLE. Please could you ask the students to search their emails for the CELCAT login details. If they're still having trouble please have them contact the Physio office on:
(0) 1782 734191
[email protected]

So it looks like the draft timetables are on CELCAT and not the KLE.
Hope this helps!
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador1
The Physio team got back me to with this- all of the Allied Health Professions work with a system called CELCAT, not the KLE. Please could you ask the students to search their emails for the CELCAT login details. If they're still having trouble please have them contact the Physio office on:
(0) 1782 734191
[email protected]

So it looks like the draft timetables are on CELCAT and not the KLE.
Hope this helps!

Hi, thanks for the help. It's still not available to view on CELCAT so I've sent an email so they can fix this.
Hi, thanks for the help. It's still not available to view on CELCAT so I've sent an email so they can fix this.

No problem! Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
I’ve had a look on this CELCAT, and there does seem to be stuff timetabled in if you keep looking forward.
Reply 19
Hi, I’m thinking of applying for pre reg MSc for Jan 2021. Do you guys have any advice about the application process, interview etc? Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest