The Student Room Group

a-level economics articles

im studying a level economics right now ( AQA). what types of articles (like politcal, historical, sociology) would be useful for my extra knowledge? And how would i incorporate these articles in my answers?

I printed off some articles about mao's china (economy), the great depression, the financial crisis, the oil crisis and hyperinflation in the wiemar republic.
Any more suggestions/ what other articles would help?
I've heard that historical articles are useful e.g. wall street crash analysis, but I don't do economics so I'm not sure
Original post by hustlr
im studying a level economics right now ( AQA). what types of articles (like politcal, historical, sociology) would be useful for my extra knowledge? And how would i incorporate these articles in my answers?

I printed off some articles about mao's china (economy), the great depression, the financial crisis, the oil crisis and hyperinflation in the wiemar republic.

Would you recommend alevel economics?
Original post by Lucy98654
Would you recommend alevel economics?

its not as interesting as i thought. i wouldve pciked history mainly or sociology, politics, or philosophy, too late for me though.
Reply 4
Original post by hustlr

Getting general wider reading as well as historic examples is useful and picking from a few different countries specifically. So pick a developed country (G7), growing economy (India) and then a developing country such as Nigeria, then find out some useful facts about them that you could maybe use such as inflation rates etc. This helps with any type of comparisons you want to make based on the case studies given. I used Econominds to help me through my A levels, the lessons provided lots of this material, we went through it and learnt the key skills for data response questions and how to use contextual knowledge in essays. Would definitely recommend!
Reply 5
Original post by hustlr
its not as interesting as i thought. i wouldve pciked history mainly or sociology, politics, or philosophy, too late for me though.

I would recommend it if you are a good writer and good at interpreting data. Economics opens a lot of doors in the future too. At university it is a lot more math based opposed to the A level which is just basic percentage changes mainly.
From my experience knowing UK interest rates, unemployment, inflation rates is more important than articles as well as recent trends, as you will most likely need to make reference to them as well as the targets for them

Quick Reply

Latest