The Student Room Group

Contract law

If I take my bike to a repair shop to get the wheel fixed and they repair the bike. They give me a contract to sign saying they do not accept personal injury or damage to property and no responsibility to any items left. I go to a bike competition and a nut falls out the wheel and I break my arm.
Could someone help with what points of contract law are involved , I thought discharge by performance
Reply 1
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Lwilson123
If I take my bike to a repair shop to get the wheel fixed and they repair the bike. They give me a contract to sign saying they do not accept personal injury or damage to property and no responsibility to any items left. I go to a bike competition and a nut falls out the wheel and I break my arm.
Could someone help with what points of contract law are involved , I thought discharge by performance

watch this video. it answers your question.

Read the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (or, if you are a business for some reason, UCTA 1977 and the Supply of Goods & Services Act), particularly on implied and unfair terms. That should give you all the info you need.

Quick Reply

Latest