The Student Room Group

tsr queer girls

***I DON'T MEAN QUEER AS AN OFFENSIVE TERM, I MEAN IT AS AN UMBRELLA TERM FOR NON STRAIGHT***
where are all the queer girls on tsr??? i have never come across any on here and there must be some queer girls.. come on
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hiya! Transgender and pansexual here :tongue:

May I interest you in the LGBT+ Chat thread
I’m bisexual
Just found out this month tbh.
Original post by IH8Studying
I’m bisexual

Congrats!
Reply 4
What do you define as “queer”?
Am not queer but am a lesbian so hi
:hi:
Original post by Glaz
Congrats!

Thanks I guess
Original post by Deggs_14

Original post by CoolCavy
Am not queer but am a lesbian so hi

I thought "queer" referred to LGBT+ :ninja: therefore being a lesbian would be "queer", no?
Original post by Glaz
I thought "queer" referred to LGBT+ :ninja: therefore being a lesbian would be "queer", no?

I have no issue with people identifying with that word personally, but it's a slur to me and always will be. I'm not weird or odd am just gay, i use queer in my vocabulary as it's traditional use i.e queer weather
Original post by CoolCavy
I have no issue with people identifying with that word personally, but it's a slur to me and always will be. I'm not weird or odd am just gay, i use queer in my vocabulary as it's traditional use i.e queer weather

Ah okay, that makes sense, sorry :redface: :hugs:
Reply 11
Original post by IH8Studying
I’m bisexual

that's cool, congrats!
Original post by Glaz
Ah okay, that makes sense, sorry :redface: :hugs:

No problem :smile:
Reply 13

I mean as in non cisgender or non heterosexual, it's just quite a mouthful to say LGBTQIAP+ in every post!! sorry if I offended anyone.
Reply 14
Original post by sinfonietta
:hi:

hi!!
Original post by alce_
I mean as in non cisgender or non heterosexual, it's just quite a mouthful to say LGBTQIAP+ in every post!! sorry if I offended anyone.

Just go with LGBT+ or LGBTQ+, the + means the Q and I and A and P and everything else :yes:
Reply 16
Original post by Glaz
Hiya! Transgender and pansexual here :tongue:

May I interest you in the LGBT+ Chat thread

hiya!! yeah, i'll check it out, thank you
Reply 17
Original post by alce_

Oh no I just haven’t heard the term “queer” associated with the LGBT community before so I wondered what it defines and who self associates as that.
Reply 18
Oh no I just haven’t heard the term “queer” associated with the LGBT community before so I wondered what it defines and who self associates as that.

yeah, it was previously (and still sometimes today) a homophobic slur so some people feel uncomfortable with associating it with the lgbtq+ community or using it to label themselves. however, i'm cool with labelling myself as queer because I've always found it hard to put myself in one box as I feel differently on different days, and sometimes 'queer' just sums it up better!
Original post by alce_
yeah, it was previously (and still sometimes today) a homophobic slur so some people feel uncomfortable with associating it with the lgbtq+ community or using it to label themselves. however, i'm cool with labelling myself as queer because I've always found it hard to put myself in one box as I feel differently on different days, and sometimes 'queer' just sums it up better!

If you're happy labelling yourself as queer, that's fine, but putting ourselves in boxes can often unnecessarily limit us.
We are all individuals, and unique in our own ways.
If you really need to put yourself in a box, make your own box, because it's the only one that will truly reflect you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending